The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default 20 kids stabbed at PA school

Heard a brief story on the news this morning. Nobody talking about during my day. No thread on the omane and it happened this morning.

Hmm...Unless there aren't guns involved the media and people just don't care?

Were is the outrage against knives? We need legislation against knives! Background checks on everyone who buys a knife from now on!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #2
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,590
Default

Everytime something happens you gotta have the yahoo coming in here comparing it to gun control.and it's all over the media genius.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,708
Default

Meh just like most things liberals only pretend to care. The fact they don't care about a Calif Senator being busted for being a gun runner proves it. Just like a running tally of dead soliders was updated every day until Bush left office.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

No question liberals and their media are selective with their stories and outrage. This is why they are such big hypocrites. Plus, violence is America was supposed to dwindle when their messiah became the president, so these stories not involving guns really interfere with their Utopian BS world they'd like everyone to think we are living in right now.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
Dukes
Ring of Famer
 
Dukes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,161
Default

We need knife legislation now. Nothing over 1" long. It's for the children after all. And besides, where in the constitution does it say you have a right to a 5" blade?

Last edited by Dukes; 04-10-2014 at 05:17 AM..
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,837
Default

I'm not really sure what the OP's point is, but I think the reason there isn't more "outrage" is pretty obvious. 22 people got stabbed but nobody died. If 22 people got shot it's pretty safe to assume there would be some deaths.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Heard a brief story on the news this morning. Nobody talking about during my day. No thread on the omane and it happened this morning.

Hmm...Unless there aren't guns involved the media and people just don't care?

Were is the outrage against knives? We need legislation against knives! Background checks on everyone who buys a knife from now on!
Typical republitard reaction. How many people died in these stabbings? EXACTLY!

Lets compare this stabbing incident to the Fort Hood Shootings, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Aurora... Lets compare them and see if people would be better off facing a deranged person with a knife or an assault rifle.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Typical republitard reaction. How many people died in these stabbings? EXACTLY!

Lets compare this stabbing incident to the Fort Hood Shootings, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Aurora... Lets compare them and see if people would be better off facing a deranged person with a knife or an assault rifle.
It's funny.if knives are now comparable to guns,then why do gun nuts need AKs to protect themselves from intruders at home. Why not just get a knife?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
It's funny.if knives are now comparable to guns,then why do gun nuts need AKs to protect themselves from intruders at home. Why not just get a knife?
Kahn says, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight".
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,707
Default

hopefully this means ammo prices will keep falling.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Meh just like most things liberals only pretend to care. The fact they don't care about a Calif Senator being busted for being a gun runner proves it. Just like a running tally of dead soliders was updated every day until Bush left office.
This. They are all hypocrites. Maybe they think it's not really murder if a drone drops a bomb. Just like it's not really a war if the Socialist press doesn't report it.

Guaranteed if an R is voted in, we will be getting daily updates from Yemen.

The Socialists agenda for more money and control knows no bounds
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,531

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I'd say the reason no one started a thread yesterday was exampled by the responses above. Geez. I am thrilled no one was hurt and instead of any type of weapon control, it's time to control the mentally ill, which would most likely empty the Mane. And if they don't like that type of control then they need to stop being mentally ill.

I kid. Kind. of.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #13
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I'd say the reason no one started a thread yesterday was exampled by the responses above. Geez. I am thrilled no one was hurt and instead of any type of weapon control, it's time to control the mentally ill, which would most likely empty the Mane. And if they don't like that type of control then they need to stop being mentally ill.

I kid. Kind. of.

You really want a solution, look at the relationship between Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants like Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil and mass shootings.

It is no secret that prescription drugs, notably antidepressants, can make psychiatric patients worse, not better, and even precipitate violence.

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants like Prozac, Zoloft, and Paxil are so linked to violence that they were given the FDA’s highest warning, a black box, in 2004 for the suicidal risks they can create in young adults.

According to published reports, the gunmen involved in the mass shootings at Columbine High School, Red Lake reservation, Northern Illinois University, and Virginia Tech were under the influence of psychiatric drugs or withdrawing from such drugs.

About 5,000 news stories link psychiatric drugs to violent crime, including school shootings, according to the website SSRI Stories, where the stories can be read (ssristories.com).

Three men in their 70s and 80s attack their wives with hammers while under the influence of psychiatric drugs, say news reports on the site. A 54-year-old respiratory patient with a breathing tube and an oxygen tank and no previous criminal record holds up a bank.

An enraged man in Australia chases his mailman and threatens to cut his throat—for bringing him junk mail. A 58-year-old Amarillo man with no criminal history tries to abduct three people, and an Oklahoma woman accepts a cup of tea from an elderly nurse she’s just met—and kills her.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/blog...ass-shootings/

Google Mass shootings & SSRI's
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Denver Broncos