The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #26
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Why would he sign a 2 year, cost effective deal? A 1 year, prove it deal, maybe. But cheap for 2 years?
It wouldn't have to be a two-year deal, but I could see a scenario where they effectively rent him for two years on something longer, similar to what they did with Talib's contract. 'Cost-effective' does not also necessarily mean the same thing as 'cheap', either.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #27
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Initially I was thinking hell nah. But if they could get him for 2-3 mil? Hell yeah.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:20 PM   #28
extralife
Ring of Famer

if we sign him we need to bring Lance Ball back so we could call our backfield 'two balls and a johnson'
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Oh God yes. Still would want a RB in the draft though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #30
extralife
Ring of Famer

but if you actually read the links you'd know that this is just no-name know-nothign journos looking to throw **** at a wall. one of the articles actually says that the Broncos front office "didn't show faith in Montee Ball as the season wore on" or some ****. if you have eyeballs and access to Bronco games you know that's bull****.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #31
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

That would be pretty ridiculous. I'm not a huge fan of CJ as I see him as a very inconsistent back who relies on big runs to overcome constantly getting stuffed, but he would be pretty amazing in our offense in tandem with Ball.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #32
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if we sign him we need to bring Lance Ball back so we could call our backfield 'two balls and a johnson'
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #33
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Only way Denver signs him is a very big discount. I'll pass, elite NFL RB's aren't a necessity anymore. We should just draft or sign a cheap vet for depth.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #34
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I don't know. I am not a big supporter of this possible move. I think Johnson is just too much of a boom or bust type of player. If he is on, he is the fastest guy in the game. But when he is off, he looks like Tatum Bell. Brought down by shoestring tackles, not a lot of hard running and kind of a **** work ethic. I value consistency in the RB position. I'll take a guy who is good for 4-5 yards every time he touches the ball over the home run hitter who is either taking a handoff or dump off pass 80 yards or being dropped at or behind the LOS
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #35
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Chris Johnson can pass protect too. He's really an all around back. As far as work ethic - they'll put that into the contract somewhere but as long as Peyton is the QB and with what we have the locker room...theres no way anyone is going to be slacking off.

DRC had work ethic issues... look at him now. 8 digit paycheck.

But as others have said...not sure how we afford him and how long of a deal it would take. Manning could always take a paycut...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I watched a lot of him up until last yr because he was on my keeper fantasy league. What i noticed more then anything was blockers always letting at least 1 defender into the backfield to disrupt the play, and 2, the WR and TE not blocking at all on the outside or downfield.

When Johnson would finally have a shot there would be some wr sluffing on his blocks and letting a corner or safety make the play.

Pathetic blocking. IMO you could add half a yrd to his carry totals just by adding him to the Broncos. At least that much.

Whoever gets him IMO will get good production from him. Unless the team stinks and has a ****ty QB and oline. No speed rbs do well in that situation.

I still wish we had taken Lacy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #37
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

No matter how many times you say this, I'm going to concur time and time again. Sigh....
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #38
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

That is a sore, sore, sore, sore subject for me.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 AM   #39
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

The amount of people wishing for Lacy is ridiculous. Montee Ball is a better runner than Lacey, and had we got Lacy, I doubt he'd average 4.7 ypc as Montee did with his limited touches.

Let's see where these 2 are in a a few years...especially with Lacy's running style and he's already been injury prone through his rookie year.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Action lacy ran into 8 and 9 man fronts after Rodgers went down. He was still going for chunks of yrds and scoring tds.

I think in Denver he would have been very good.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 AM   #41
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
The amount of people wishing for Lacy is ridiculous. Montee Ball is a better runner than Lacey, and had we got Lacy, I doubt he'd average 4.7 ypc as Montee did with his limited touches.

Let's see where these 2 are in a a few years...especially with Lacy's running style and he's already been injury prone through his rookie year.
Agreed.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #42
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Agreed.
I agree with this agreement.
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #43
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I wish we had gone with Le'Veon Bell. But I like Ball more than Lacy. Durability being a big factor.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #44
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

If he is still fast would you rather have him or Hillman?

I rest my case.

If he fits the budget and still has speed and wants to play in Denver why not bring him in..... That is a lot of ifs though. From what I know about him he has always been about the money.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #45
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I wish we had gone with Le'Veon Bell. But I like Ball more than Lacy. Durability being a big factor.
I think Ball is going to have a great year this year. I will draft him in the 2nd round for sure.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #46
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

If healthy, there is no comparison to Lacy and Ball, IMO. You think Knowshon stays ahead of Lacy all season on the depth chart last year? Not a chance. If Lacy doesn't turn into a stud in this league, it will be because of injury. I think Monte COULD become a very good back for us, but like you said, time will tell. Durability could also become an issue for Ball once he gets a full workload himself, considering the amount of carries he had in college.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #47
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I think Ball is going to have a great year this year. I will draft him in the 2nd round for sure.
A lot of people drafted him in the third last year, and got burned. We'll see how much confidence the front office has in him once the draft and free agency have concluded. If we take another back in the first 3 rounds, I'd say the writing is on the wall.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Lacy is a beast. No way Ball puts up bigger numbers next yr IMO.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:27 AM   #49
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I've seen some early fantasy talk that he is now a potential top 10 pick. I have faith that he will build off his rookie year, but I don't know if I'd rank him in the top 10 of fantasy contributors this year.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #50
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
If healthy, there is no comparison to Lacy and Ball, IMO. You think Knowshon stays ahead of Lacy all season on the depth chart last year? Not a chance. If Lacy doesn't turn into a stud in this league, it will be because of injury. I think Monte COULD become a very good back for us, but like you said, time will tell. Durability could also become an issue for Ball once he gets a full workload himself, considering the amount of carries he had in college.
Of course Knowshon stays ahead of Lacy, that's not even a question. Did you even see how well Montee was running the ball as the season progressed? He led the LEAGUE in YPC for the last like 6 or 7 games of the season. THE NFL.

John Fox likes experienced RBs.