The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #76
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Agree 100% with this

At the same time I knew no change would happen in Manning era anyways so why even think about it. Whether you love or don't love Fox.
Good point. I think playing for John Fox was a big reason why Manning came here in the first place. We all know who the real coach of this team is.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #77
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe we could hire Shanahan just to coach on Sunday?
Woody Paige sort of suggested this about a week or two ago. Not the craziest idea Woody has come up with.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #78
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Im a huge Fox fan and happy to hear about the extention. I think hes great at managing games and great at coaching up players. Hes has a very even keel personality and he very rarely shoots himself in the foot. His offensive knowledge, paticularly in the running, is very underrated. I dont think hes exceptional at any one category, but hes good at all. I think he can be conservative to a fault sometimes, but overall, I love having him coach the Broncos (especially when you consider who proceeded him).
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #79
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Im a huge Fox fan and happy to hear about the extention. I think hes great at managing games and great at coaching up players. Hes has a very even keel personality and he very rarely shoots himself in the foot. His offensive knowledge, paticularly in the running, is very underrated. I dont think hes exceptional at any one category, but hes good at all. I think he can be conservative to a fault sometimes, but overall, I love having him coach the Broncos (especially when you consider who proceeded him).
Seriously?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #80
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
If Elway sees Gase as the up and coming HC and best option to take over after Fox I would assume a way to make that transition has been provided for. If Elway wants Gase no way Foxs new contract closes that door.

Elway to Gase, " Be patient Adam as soon as Peyton retires the HC job is yours"
I'm sure Gase would be fired up about hanging around so he can lead us into the Brock Osweiler era. The Broncos HC job will no longer be a marquee gig after Manning retires, so Gase would probably be better-served to go elsewhere.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #81
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
I'm sure Gase would be fired up about hanging around so he can lead us into the Brock Osweiler era. The Broncos HC job will no longer be a marquee gig after Manning retires, so Gase would probably be better-served to go elsewhere.
It will still be far better than the crap jobs with crap teams that will be available to him otherwise.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #82
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

My overall reaction to this news is "not too shabby." Hopefully that doesn't mean we'll lose Gase and Del Rio, but I fear that may be the case. This season is truly the Broncos' best shot to win a SB with Manning, and if it doesn't happen this season, it probably won't happen. I'm sure Gase will be gone next season, and probably Del Rio as well. Gase just needed to wait until he got a better offer than f-ing Cleveland.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #83
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Seriously?
Im super cereal.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #84
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
It will still be far better than the crap jobs with crap teams that will be available to him otherwise.
This is a team where fans are unhappy because we went 13-3 and made it to the Super Bowl but didn't win. What will the expectations for Brock be, 8-8? I have to think sometime within the next three years an opportunity will come up for Gase that will be better than this one. He won't have to settle for the Raiders or the Browns , there will be better jobs that are available to him than that.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #85
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
You are assuming Brock will be a dud maybe Gase does not agree with you. Even if Brock is not the answer at QB Elway has righted the ship top to bottom. Fox was the right choice after the McD fiasco. We have a solid roster that is growing younger, very good position coaches, great cap health, a money making franchise, an owner willing to spend to stay competitive, drafting for the future, ability to coach up out own draft prospects. I's say any HC candidate would consider the Broncos a very attractive opportunity.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #86
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Seriously?
Ya managing games hasn't been his high points. Among the worst in picking when to use challenges. But it's who we got and the situation right now(Mannings time left) is bad for a coaching change. I can't see how fox would want to stay on when Manning retires. Gase needs another year under his belt before taking the leap. Just gotta bear through it with Fox for a bit. He's not the worst, but he's not great either. I'm just glad we have strong Coordinators to put some fingerprints on Sundays.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #87
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You are assuming Brock will be a dud maybe Gase does not agree with you. Even if Brock is not the answer at QB Elway has righted the ship top to bottom. Fox was the right choice after the McD fiasco. We have a solid roster that is growing younger, very good position coaches, great cap health, a money making franchise, an owner willing to spend to stay competitive, drafting for the future, ability to coach up out own draft prospects. I's say any HC candidate would consider the Broncos a very attractive opportunity.
If we can't get a first time HC from within our own organization because of Brock, then it's huge problems for this team ha! An HC job in one of the highest regarded organizations over history is attractive to anyone.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #88
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Ya managing games hasn't been his high points. Among the worst in picking when to use challenges. But it's who we got and the situation right now(Mannings time left) is bad for a coaching change. I can't see how fox would want to stay on when Manning retires. Gase needs another year under his belt before taking the leap. Just gotta bear through it with Fox for a bit. He's not the worst, but he's not great either. I'm just glad we have strong Coordinators to put some fingerprints on Sundays.
Complaining about challanges when it comes to game management is probably the least significant critisism there is. Agian, under Fox, the Broncos consistently havent shoot themselves in the foot. Thats how you manage a game. Hes not an innovator by any strech, but he can manage a game.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #89
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Complaining about challanges when it comes to game management is probably the least significant critisism there is. Agian, under Fox, the Broncos consistently havent shoot themselves in the foot. Thats how you manage a game. Hes not an innovator by any strech, but he can manage a game.
Wut? We stepped on our own feet almost every single game(by players and fox). We were great enough to overcome that and win. But I saw many examples of wasted time outs bad clock management questionable 4th down choices 12 men etc.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #90
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

One of the most damaging avoidable errors committed by the Broncos was the endless 'block in the back' flags on returns by ST's. Over and over solid runbacks were called back because of these penalties. When these continue to happen game after game whose fault is it?
Old 04-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #91
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The Broncos were not prepared for the Superbowl. Does anyone disagree?

That right there should be grounds for a change.....43-8 folks! The best offense ever and we had to endure one of the worst Superbowl blowouts ever!

I'm not a Fox fan.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #92
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Bad news..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #93
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

IMHO Fox was a good choice after Mcdip****. Calm the waters, even the keel.
Brilliant on Elway's part.
Both Manning and Elway must like the dude. Playas do.
But he sorta reminds me of Wade Philips. On game day you always wonder WTF? He's the anti-Gene Krantz. Failure is not too shabby.

And as far as I'm concerned the D did not lose the Stupidbowl. The D hung in against incredible bed wetting by the Greatest of all time Offense. (THE DRIVES: Safety, Punt, INT, INT, downs, punt, fumble, TD, downs, fumble, END OF DISASTER).

Watch Gase and Manning on the sideline both with the deer in the headlights look. Who's there to help them? Nobody.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #94
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wut? We stepped on our own feet almost every single game(by players and fox). We were great enough to overcome that and win. But I saw many examples of wasted time outs bad clock management questionable 4th down choices 12 men etc.
I definetly dont remember Fox, or the Broncos for that matter, consistently stepping on their own feet. Fox sure didnt step on his own feet during the Tebow run. That seasons a microcosm of his management skills. Towards the end of games, the Broncos were always in a position that gave them a chance to win. Was it because the team was so great? lol

Occasionally, Fox has wasted time outs. I hear on you that. But hes not Shanny by any means, someone how is actually bad at time outs.

4th down we can debate back and forth all day, but this topic is one of the most disputed in the modern game. If you dont go for it, your a p***Y, if you do, your a frivolous gambler. Its the nature of the beast. Both sides have valid stats and arguments to back thier position. I dont think theres a "right" way to approach 4th down in generality.

12th man penalties or just penalties are a very overrated critisism. I mean, just look at Denver and Seattle for example....the Ravens the year before that. Agressive teams/players create penalities by nature. And coaches want their players to play agressive.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #95
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Did you happen to catch the BAL game late in 2012 season? I think that was a HUGE **** the bed moment for Fox. Not allowing Peyton to try to get into field goal range to win the game was a fail. Not going for the win (1st down) and getting them the ball back in the first place was a fail.

I think his decisions in that game killed us as much as Rahim going brain dead and Manning have only a marginally decent game. He played not to lose which essentially made us lose.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #96
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
Did you happen to catch the BAL game late in 2012 season? I think that was a HUGE **** the bed moment for Fox. Not allowing Peyton to try to get into field goal range to win the game was a fail. Not going for the win (1st down) and getting them the ball back in the first place was a fail.
And if Manning throws a pick, or gets sacked/fumbles, or the receiver fumbles, everyone would call for Fox's head.

I dont think Fox is perfect but he's not awful like some here seem to think either.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #97
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I'm wondering on gameday in the playoff losses if the coordinators or Fox made decisions about strategy. In the Balt playoff loss they were playing three man passrush a lot not getting pressure on Flacco and he was bombing away. Also, Balt continually abused the middle and left of the D from start to finish be it by run or pass and from what I saw Denver didn't make adjustments. And then of course the inability to seal the game late running up the middle over and over.

In the XLVIII, Manning was ineffective, his YPA went from 8.3 YPA reg season to 5.6 YPA, but they kept running the same ineffective plays over and over and over. No creativity, no different formations, pass-heavy with Manning calling his own plays at the LOS.

Anyway, Elway WAS really handcuffed by circumstances, just not a good time to fire Fox or make him lame duck. I wonder if Elway had a conversation with Bowlen, i.e., "Patrick, how mad will you be if I have to fire Fox after this season and you're on the hook for $11 million?"
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #98
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'm wondering on gameday in the playoff losses if the coordinators or Fox made decisions about strategy. In the Balt playoff loss they were playing three man passrush a lot not getting pressure on Flacco and he was bombing away. Also, Balt continually abused the middle and left of the D from start to finish be it by run or pass and from what I saw Denver didn't make adjustments. And then of course the inability to seal the game late running up the middle over and over.

In the XLVIII, Manning was ineffective, his YPA went from 8.3 YPA reg season to 5.6 YPA, but they kept running the same ineffective plays over and over and over. No creativity, no different formations, pass-heavy with Manning calling his own plays at the LOS.

Anyway, Elway WAS really handcuffed by circumstances, just not a good time to fire Fox or make him lame duck. I wonder if Elway had a conversation with Bowlen, i.e., "Patrick, how mad will you be if I have to fire Fox after this season and you're on the hook for $11 million?"
...and Pat would respond, "Do you think I look fat in red suspenders".

Doubt Pat has made a real decision in quite a while, bless his heart
Old 04-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #99
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Woo!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #100
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Woo!
heh, the Chefs are 1-5 against Denver since Fox was hired with that 1 win being a 7-3 blowout over Timmy Turbo in Camarohead.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote