The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 06:18 AM   #26
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post
Saw it Saturday morning. Absolutely loved it. A well done movie and Marvel's best one yet. Iron Man 1 held the crown for a while, but the Winter Solider has topped that IMO. Loved the post credit scenes as well. Big setup going into Age of Ultron.

Also I read Sebastian Stan ( The Winter Soldier ) signed a multi-movie deal with marvel recently. Something to the tune of a 9 movie deal with Marvel
Given that Chris Evans is only committed to two more Avengers Films and one more Captain America Film, I'm assuming they intend to run the story line from the Comics where Bucky becomes Captain America. They kind of even foreshadowed it a little with a couple of scenes of Bucky holding the Shield.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:20 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDownPoster View Post
Would that be because of the military camaraderie portrayed in the film?
No. Marines are pretty specific about only liking Marines.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #28
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post
Saw it Saturday morning. Absolutely loved it. A well done movie and Marvel's best one yet. Iron Man 1 held the crown for a while, but the Winter Solider has topped that IMO. Loved the post credit scenes as well. Big setup going into Age of Ultron.

Also I read Sebastian Stan ( The Winter Soldier ) signed a multi-movie deal with marvel recently. Something to the tune of a 9 movie deal with Marvel
Avengers was still better but I agree that it's way up there with original Ironman.

Also Re age of ultron, it's funny how they've been more focused on setting up the Infinity Gauntlet for Avengers 3

Age of Ultron almost seems like a way to stall until they introduce enough Avengers to make fighting Thanos w/gauntlet feasible.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #29
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No. Marines are pretty specific about only liking Marines.
No kidding. While I was in the sandbox as a contractor with Marines at Al Asad, there was a bulletin board were daily jokes and digs against the army were posted.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #30
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
America’s greatest export is entertainment, and its improbable brand ambassador is now Captain America. The second installment of Marvel’s movie franchise is drawing huge audiences outside the United States, even in areas of the world that might ordinarily reject a jingoistic superhero clad in red, white, and blue. Captain America: Winter Soldier pulled in $107 million overseas [the weekend before last], even more than its record-breaking $96 million draw in the US. It was the number one film in China ($39 million), South Korea ($20 million), the United Kingdom ($18 million), Mexico ($16 million), France ($12 million), Russia ($7 million), and Australia ($6 million).
http://qz.com/196387/the-whole-word-...ptain-america/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #31
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Good movie in the "art reflecting life" sort of a way.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #32
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Explaining the appeal in China:
Quote:
Why has an avowedly all-American hero proved so popular here? Launching the film on a three-day holiday weekend shortly after its stars toured Beijing certainly didn’t hurt. But Winter Soldier also resonates because it keeps the hero’s fundamental patriotism intact while modernizing his conflict for a complicated new era, pitting him against enemies burrowed deep within the government he serves. ”[The new villain] is the very country he loves and protects,” writes one Douban reviewer. “To love one’s country isn’t the same as loving one’s government: This is the main draw of Captain America.”
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article..._captain_china
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #33
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I saw it on Sunday. I love how Marvel blends the human and hero aspects together in their films.
Avengers AOU is going to have to bring it to top the first one or Winter Soldier.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote