The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #51
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
No. I'm suggesting you a a functional retard based upon your functionally retarded takes.
So, you didn't want the terrible coach, but you did want the terrible QB? Does that sum up your position?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #52
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Jay never grew up and lived up to his talent. He showed that when he pussied out of the NFC championship.

It was addition by subtraction in retrospect.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I would take Kyle Orton of almost any other back up QB out there.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #54
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I went to one of the Broncos-Chargers games in San Diego and was able to go down to the first row and watch the Broncos warm up. My thought on seeing Orton? "He's taller than he looks on T.V." There was a line of receivers who would run a simple out pattern and would try to catch an Orton ball around 5-7 yards away from the end zone near either sideline. It seemed that maybe just over half of the throws were on target. Warm ups. No pressure. Just have the ball handed to you and throw it to your receiver. Back at Mile High, I saw Tebow do the same exercise with about the same accuracy. Kind of a let down.
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #55
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Hated Orton from day 1, not only did he suck be he was a choker... even in the games we managed to be close at the end whenever he had to make a play in clutch time he folded up like a pup tent...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #56
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

the thing was, Orton was not all that accurate. He was amazingly inaccurate and the reason Lloyd looked like an all-world WR. Lloyd was the only guy who could make those circus catches that made Orton look like a servicable QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #57
Castinkas
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Things worked out ok for us. For awhile I thought my team was screwed. Trading away Cutler and Marshall, I was freaking out. When John retired I thought we'd be ok with Griese. Wrong. I really thought we were going to win the Superbowl with Jake. Wrong. I was sure when we moved up and got Cutler we were righting the ship. Wrong. I knew Orton wasn't the answer. But all those bumps in the road got us back to the top, or close to the top, where we belong!
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #58
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I always liked Orton. I think he got a raw deal here; a depleted roster with the worst coach in football. I know he was never destined to be a star, but he might've been a very serviceable QB while Denver either drafted a qbotf or signed one in FA.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #59
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
the thing was, Orton was not all that accurate. He was amazingly inaccurate and the reason Lloyd looked like an all-world WR. Lloyd was the only guy who could make those circus catches that made Orton look like a servicable QB.
Agreed. Lloyd made some circus catches. Orton was unbelievably crappy and sacked by ghosts at times.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #60
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The knee fumbles got pretty annoying.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #61
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
I always liked Orton. I think he got a raw deal here; a depleted roster with the worst coach in football. I know he was never destined to be a star, but he might've been a very serviceable QB while Denver either drafted a qbotf or signed one in FA.
Orton was never anything more than a career backup who aspired to start and who got called upon to in Chicago, Denver, and kFc for a few games. Not his fault, he tried and won some games. Just didn't have the physical tools to get it done.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #62
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Another QB took that same exact raw deal and made the playoffs.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #63
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I was taking a sip of whiskey as I read the title of this thread. Fitting.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #64
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Another QB took that same exact raw deal and made the playoffs.
who got the exact raw deal? are you talking about Tebow? You are ****ting me right? He got drafted way too high and got paid a helluva a lot of money to ride a bench for as long as he did so I am not exactly sure what raw deal that kid got, but I'd take it. Being let go after a playoff run is that his raw deal? maybe, but honestly I don't think so, he still got chances with other teams, but we had to take Manning over him, that was just the right thing to do. Tebow was drafted high, Orton got tossed in as part of a deal and asked to step in after Cutler who was pretty much a hard act to follow given Orton had neither the talent or the coach that Cutler did. So while I think Orton was not a good QB and he had to go, in no way was Tebow a long term answer nor does Orton deserve the **** he gets. Josh McDaniels deserves a raging case of herpes with a side of gonorhea, but Orton I wish him only the best in skanks and JD and making a pretty penny ripping off the Cowboys as their benchwarmer and job protection for Romo.
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
He got $9m for one good season, I'd say the Broncos treated him right. He's a backup QB who had his chance, with Chicago and with the Broncos. He's now holding a clipboard and a bottle of jack on the sideline.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #66
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
He's now holding a clipboard and a bottle of jack on the sideline.
All while making a hell of a living. It could be argued backup QB is best position on the field that isn't a punter or kicker.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #67
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
We still have DT from one of the firsts from the Cutler trade, but I think that is all that is left.
and if we locked up Cutler long term, we never would have gotten Peyton. I know it wasnt a direct effect from the trade, but still something to think about.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #68
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
who got the exact raw deal? are you talking about Tebow? You are ****ting me right? He got drafted way too high and got paid a helluva a lot of money to ride a bench for as long as he did so I am not exactly sure what raw deal that kid got, but I'd take it. Being let go after a playoff run is that his raw deal? maybe, but honestly I don't think so, he still got chances with other teams, but we had to take Manning over him, that was just the right thing to do. Tebow was drafted high, Orton got tossed in as part of a deal and asked to step in after Cutler who was pretty much a hard act to follow given Orton had neither the talent or the coach that Cutler did. So while I think Orton was not a good QB and he had to go, in no way was Tebow a long term answer nor does Orton deserve the **** he gets. Josh McDaniels deserves a raging case of herpes with a side of gonorhea, but Orton I wish him only the best in skanks and JD and making a pretty penny ripping off the Cowboys as their benchwarmer and job protection for Romo.
Dude (I know you are a chick), but dude. I think you misinterpreted his post. Another poster inferred Orton was given a "raw deal" in Denver by being saddled with a depleted roster. Tebow, with that supposed raw deal (same roster less Lloyd basically), made the playoffs. At least that's how I read it.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #69
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Um, okay. Nice rant, however off topic it is.....

To recap:

Orton got a "raw deal "because of "a depleted roster with the worst coach in football"

He who I won't name took that same "raw deal" (meaning "a depleted roster with the worst coach in football") and made the playoffs.

Now you can quibble about Fox and not McDaniels being the coach when the switch was made (but my counter to that is Orton sucked that year as well)
Old 04-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #70
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Dude (I know you are a chick), but dude. I think you misinterpreted his post. Another poster inferred Orton was given a "raw deal" in Denver by being saddled with a depleted roster. Tebow, with that supposed raw deal (same roster less Lloyd basically), made the playoffs. At least that's how I read it.
This guy got it.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #71
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Quite right. I was wrong. Duly apologize. Won't happen again.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #72
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Um, okay. Nice rant, however off topic it is.....

To recap:

Orton got a "raw deal "because of "a depleted roster with the worst coach in football"

He who I won't name took that same "raw deal" (meaning "a depleted roster with the worst coach in football") and made the playoffs.

Now you can quibble about Fox and not McDaniels being the coach when the switch was made (but my counter to that is Orton sucked that year as well)
Yes I was wrong. I often am. I do apologize.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #73
canadianbroncosfan
Pro Bowler

M.W.A. - Foreign Affairs Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WTF man

You go straight to hell for even saying that name again. Orton is the worst QB to ever play for this team..Well maybe Simms
As sad as it is to say, if Orton hadn't got injured in the Redskins game and had Simms cover for him, we may have been able to salvage the '09 season.
canadianbroncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #74
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Lulz, just saw ESPN ran a story on this. Have to love this line.
I would agree but then we **** the bed with what we did with the picks we got in return.

in a sense, nobody won.....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #75
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I remember it. I wasn't all that pissed because I had made my mind up Cutler was never going to be special. He was Jeff George clone. Big time arm and super athletic but wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Horrible mechanics and prone for the big mistake. Kinda funny, that hasn't changed one bit even to this day. He's STILL the same guy.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote