The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default 5 years ago Orton became a Bronco

I remember how pissed I was that the frown cannon was shown the door for a journeyman. I was ok with Denver trading Jay because I never thought he was a guy who you could win with in the first place. The issue I had with the trade was no real QB to replace him and it sure wasn't going to be Orton. Well had the trade not gone down Denver fans would of turned on Jay many years ago and Denver would be handcuffed with no Manning and probably a 15 mil or more hole with Jay Cutler at the helm. The picks Denver from the trade were blown but the real reason for winning the trade is Denver isn't giving a huge contract to a mediocre QB.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

We still have DT from one of the firsts from the Cutler trade, but I think that is all that is left.
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Kyle Orton reminded me Brian Griese in all the worst ways: Totally immobile. Very easy to sack - almost eager to be sacked. Drunk. Surprisingly accurate and mind-numbingly boring to watch play football.

I feel bad for Orton, though. He didn't ask to be traded and the day he was he drove his car down to Denver to meet his new teammates and begin practicing with them immediately. He instantly became one of the faces of the changes everyone hated - and received too much hate for doing next to nothing wrong.

He wasn't Cutler, so people hated him. He was a McDaniels selection, so by association they hated him more. He kept Tebow on the bench, so Teboners REALLY hated him. And he kind of sucked at football and the team sucked, so Bronco fans in general hated him. I felt bad for Kyle Orton. And if you feel bad for your QB every week, you know things are terrible.

I'm still mad at him for just dropping that fumble on MNF when he had a wide open Julius Thomas which directly led to us losing to the Raiders.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Orton is, and always shall be...

A tennis lesbian.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Griese > Orton...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

is this another Quoydogs thread?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Cutler Throw That Ball
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would rather get kicked in the shin 100 times than relive the memories of that painful day.
Cutler Throw That Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
is this another Quoydogs thread?
WTF man

You go straight to hell for even saying that name again. Orton is the worst QB to ever play for this team..Well maybe Simms
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I remember how pissed I was that the frown cannon was shown the door for a journeyman. I was ok with Denver trading Jay because I never thought he was a guy who you could win with in the first place. The issue I had with the trade was no real QB to replace him and it sure wasn't going to be Orton. Well had the trade not gone down Denver fans would of turned on Jay many years ago and Denver would be handcuffed with no Manning and probably a 15 mil or more hole with Jay Cutler at the helm. The picks Denver from the trade were blown but the real reason for winning the trade is Denver isn't giving a huge contract to a mediocre QB.

It was the beginning of the end for Mcdumbass. Imagine that, almost 4 months into his Broncos coaching career and he should have been fired the same day as the big trade.

thank god it all worked out in the end.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WTF man

You go straight to hell for even saying that name again. Orton is the worst QB to ever play for this team..Well maybe Simms
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #11
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

While we are going down memory lane, does anyone remember the fake punt the Redskins completed on us when Simms was the starter?

I remember because the Redskins lined up to fake it so we had to call a timeout. After the TO they lined up again to fake it and we still weren't ready for it.

lulz
Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Another McDipshyt move that will enshrine him as the worst coach in Broncos history
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
While we are going down memory lane, does anyone remember the fake punt the Redskins completed on us when Simms was the starter?

I remember because the Redskins lined up to fake it so we had to call a timeout. After the TO they lined up again to fake it and we still weren't ready for it.

lulz
haha though its silly to assign a singular moment that signals a demise, I think that might have been the one. For all of McD's odd decisions, he did start that season 6-0. After dropping two, the Redskins game was the one to get the Broncos back on track. They completely showed their hand that play and the Broncos still weren't prepared for it. It was all downhill from there.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #14
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kyle Orton reminded me Brian Griese in all the worst ways: Totally immobile. Very easy to sack - almost eager to be sacked. Drunk. Surprisingly accurate and mind-numbingly boring to watch play football.

I feel bad for Orton, though. He didn't ask to be traded and the day he was he drove his car down to Denver to meet his new teammates and begin practicing with them immediately. He instantly became one of the faces of the changes everyone hated - and received too much hate for doing next to nothing wrong.

He wasn't Cutler, so people hated him. He was a McDaniels selection, so by association they hated him more. He kept Tebow on the bench, so Teboners REALLY hated him. And he kind of sucked at football and the team sucked, so Bronco fans in general hated him. I felt bad for Kyle Orton. And if you feel bad for your QB every week, you know things are terrible.

I'm still mad at him for just dropping that fumble on MNF when he had a wide open Julius Thomas which directly led to us losing to the Raiders.
i didn't hate him because of cutler, mcd or tebow. i hate him because he was orton. watching him is painful. the way he carries himself on the field. that goofy haircut. his demeanor. most importantly, he can't win and when it counts he crumbles. that guy was great moving the ball between the 20, but once he is in the redzone, the guy just chokes. think about it, he got benched for tebow. c'mon, really?

you're correct about the pocket presence or lack of. the guy would walk into sacks. once dline has a finger on him, he will never try to elude or fight off, he would just fall into the fetal position. next thing you know, its 2nd and goal from the opponents 23yrd line.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #15
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Orton started off ok, but buy the end he was a broken man. I liked him at first, he was eager, had a decent arm, and was accurate. But by his final season, I really wanted him gone.

I hated watching him that last season. He had no energy, and you could tell he was miserable. It infected the whole team. He would walk out to the field and just mope.

I grew to dislike him more than any other starting QB that I have ever watched play for the Broncos. He was the first and only Bronco player I had to restrain myself from booing (I refuse to boo my team). I can forgive a lack of talent. I can't forgive a lack of heart. He had no heart.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #16
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
We still have DT from one of the firsts from the Cutler trade, but I think that is all that is left.
Earl Thomas hasn't been cut or let go in Free Agency, so we're good.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #17
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Hey guys McDaniels just needed more time. He really is brilliant and just wasn't given a fair shake.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #18
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Did he come from one of the firsts from the trade or just the pick Denver already had?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #19
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

You gotta admit it: he could throw that out pass to the back side shoulder. He trade marked that thing. Other than that, he reminds me of Hannah Montana.
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #20
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

We used our own first for Alphonso Smith(lol)

We used the Bears first to trade down and get a couple of thirds, then drafted DT

We used one of those thirds I believe in the package to draft Tebow
We then of course traded Tebow to the Jets for a 4th and 6th maybe
I think we got Trevathan with that 6th

DT for sure, and maybe some part of Trevathan
Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We used our own first for Alphonso Smith(lol)
Alphonso Smith was a second round pick that MCD traded the next years first for which ultimately was Earl Thomas.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Did he come from one of the firsts from the trade or just the pick Denver already had?
No. Denver traded their own pick (Earl Thomas) for Alphonso Smith.

The Bears pick turned into basically DT, Decker, and some of the picks used to move up for Tebow. The 2nd they traded for TT was one of the 2nds from the Marshall trade. Orlando Franklin was the other pick for BM.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Denver had the Bears pick at #11
#11 traded to SF for #13 and a 4th round pick (Pats eventually used it on Aaron Hernandez)
#13 traded to Philly for #24, #70 (traded to Balt in the Tebow trade) and #87 (Decker)
#24 and the 4th traded to NE for #22 (DT)

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th traded to Baltimore for Tebow became Sergio Kindle, Ed *****on, and Dennis Pitta.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #24
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Alphonso Smith was a second round pick that MCD traded the next years first for which ultimately was Earl Thomas.
Technical, we did use their own 1st to pick him.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #25
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Denver had the Bears pick at #11
#11 traded to SF for #13 and a 4th round pick (Pats eventually used it on Aaron Hernandez)
#13 traded to Philly for #24, #70 (traded to Balt in the Tebow trade) and #87 (Decker)
#24 and the 4th traded to NE for #22 (DT)

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th traded to Baltimore for Tebow became Sergio Kindle, Ed *****on, and Dennis Pitta.
Yes this is the 2010 draft. Smith was a 2009 draft pick in the second round that Denver traded a 2010 first round pick for. McD couldn't draft to save his life outside of DT.