The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Big guns

I've never been a gun enthusiast but I've shot a few cool guns many years ago (Magnum .44. shotgun) but my friends father in law owns a vintage WWII Anti-tank cannon (think it was a 37 M3) and he has a few friends who have actual tanks and other cool stuff. Had the chance to go out and shoot all of those this past weekend. I can't explain how bad ass it was to fire those things. I've always been a WWII buff and it was very fun to actually shoot the exact guns they used back then.

All in all, I got to fire several guns that day. I own a .357 S&M but never really took it out much. Everybody there was totally cool and we all shared, letting different people shoot what we all had. So I got to shoot all of these, mostly WWII stuff. Next time I go I hope to be able to shoot some more modern guns.

The tank was just pure bad ass. Some dude was standing too close, around 10 feet and the muzzle blast pressure knocked the earphones right off his head and about knocked him to the ground too. Impressive.

M18 Hellcat Tank
37 mm M3 Anti-Tank
57 mm M1 Anti-Tank
.50 cal sniper
Kar98k
M1903 Springfield







ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

My friend has a 45/70 pistol and rifle. It pails in comparison to those but still a Big Mother ****er.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,769

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Sounds like a great day. I love shooting 308's and AR15's (.223) with the right scope mounted on them, nothing like hitting a target dead on from over 500 yards.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Sounds like a great day. I love shooting 308's and AR15's (.223) with the right scope mounted on them, nothing like hitting a target dead on from over 500 yards.
45/70 Is a elephant gun. .223 and whistle pigs go hand and hand. I've never ran into a bad day shooting though. Gotta love me some guns.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
WTF ? 50 second mark.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Biggest gun I own is a 338 win mag. It's not much fun to shoot. My AR10 and 300 blackout are quite enjoyable. But my favorite rifles are lever guns with rear peep style sights. I have a Winchester 94 and a Henry 22wmr that are what I wind up shooting 90% of the time. Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'd like to get my hands on a 338 lapua AR30.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

**** you with the name of this thread. I saw big guns and I thought it was a devotional to Rev. You damned tease. Shoot.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Did anyone notice the chick laying down on the ground isn't actually in the video? Darn
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #10
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WTF ? 50 second mark.
thats the .577 they call it T-Rex 10,000 lbs of knockdown 750 grams bullet 2450 feet per second
Also check out the metaltorm pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlnMwuCZso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hlj4EbdsE

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 04-01-2014 at 10:25 PM..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #11
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
thats the .577 they call it T-Rex 10,000 lbs of knockdown 750 grams bullet 2450 feet per second
Also check out the metaltorm pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlnMwuCZso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hlj4EbdsE
That's not what my wife calls them. I think hers is called the rabbit. I had know Idea it had ratings. Very Interesting .
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I've never been a gun enthusiast but I've shot a few cool guns many years ago (Magnum .44. shotgun) but my friends father in law owns a vintage WWII Anti-tank cannon (think it was a 37 M3) and he has a few friends who have actual tanks and other cool stuff. Had the chance to go out and shoot all of those this past weekend. I can't explain how bad ass it was to fire those things. I've always been a WWII buff and it was very fun to actually shoot the exact guns they used back then.

All in all, I got to fire several guns that day. I own a .357 S&M but never really took it out much. Everybody there was totally cool and we all shared, letting different people shoot what we all had. So I got to shoot all of these, mostly WWII stuff. Next time I go I hope to be able to shoot some more modern guns.

The tank was just pure bad ass. Some dude was standing too close, around 10 feet and the muzzle blast pressure knocked the earphones right off his head and about knocked him to the ground too. Impressive.

M18 Hellcat Tank
37 mm M3 Anti-Tank
57 mm M1 Anti-Tank
.50 cal sniper
Kar98k
M1903 Springfield







Zombie Apocalypse I'm coming to your place.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Here's a vid of the tank firing. My godson was on the trigger. Check out the dude with the blue t-shirt behind and left of the tank. You'll see he's wearing earphones before the tank fires. Then the muzzle blast shockwave knocks them clean off his head, hahaha. Also check out how fast the tank shell hits the target. It's damn near instantly. Some vids of the other guns too (57 mm cannon, 37 mm cannon, my godson on my .357. He was like, this is way better then Call Of Duty, hahaha.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g8lhuev07...-15-09_142.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61iwejqisw87qqv/IMG_0314.MOV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/we686iqfb8hk1xi/IMG_0317.MOV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw78c5ob47oz1ll/IMG_0321.MOV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f036m8djdxtm4bg/IMG_0352.MOV

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpwq8vx2cmv83n1/IMG_0327.MOV

Last edited by ZONA; 04-01-2014 at 11:12 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #14
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

First link didn't work for me, all the others did. That tank is sweet.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
45/70 Is a elephant gun. .
Not really and I hate that term "Elephant Gun". It is an old US military round that is fairly slow. Very few people have trotted to the big continent with a 45/70. Most people take a some sort of .375, .416, or .458 Win mag.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Not really and I hate that term "Elephant Gun". It is an old US military round that is fairly slow. Very few people have trotted to the big continent with a 45/70. Most people take a some sort of .375, .416, or .458 Win mag.
Dude a 45/70 would totally take down an elephant .
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #17
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Dude a 45/70 would totally take down an elephant .
Never said it wouldn't. It is not that term "ELEPHANT GUN." That term is in the category of useless adjectives like "Knockdown power."
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Popular Elephant gun is the 460 Weatherby Magnum but the most important part is the name Weatherby because you would want to fire that cartridge in anything but a Weatherby rifle.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #19
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Popular Elephant gun is the 460 Weatherby Magnum but the most important part is the name Weatherby because you would want to fire that cartridge in anything but a Weatherby rifle.
That is the gun that PH's cringe when hunters bring over.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #20
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Dude a 45/70 would totally take down an elephant .
Possibly, if properly placed. But I wouldn't bet my life on it, which is what would be occurring if using that gun.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #21
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Possibly, if properly placed. But I wouldn't bet my life on it, which is what would be occurring if using that gun.
You should add one of these to your lever action collection, this guy is a dead-eye with this big caliber rifle.

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

I love Hickock45 vids. He's got the rear peep style sight that I like as well.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #23
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
You should add one of these to your lever action collection, this guy is a dead-eye with this big caliber rifle.

That looks just like my buddies gun. He has the Pistol to match it.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #24
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Nice to see those fricking Arabs shooting themselves. Gives me hope.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
Nice to see those fricking Arabs shooting themselves. Gives me hope.
This isn't the thread to air out your racist views. I have a few Arab friends and they're stand up guys. You do know that a very small number of Arabs are actually terrorists right? Not all of us white people are Nazi's either. Get it?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Denver Broncos