The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Belize or Houseboat on lake Shasta. The Winner is .....

Belize or Houseboat on lake Shasta. Easy question just can't decide. I will also let you know there was a brief talk about Iceland and someone could probably push me that way as I've never been there.

Anyways I know there was a thread similar to this that got way our of control. I haven't had a Vacation in 2 year and I need a break.

Please help. Oh our time line is end of April early June if weather factors into it.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 04-06-2014 at 12:46 PM..
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Bjork says Iceland and some other jibberish. Belize seems interesting as they have English as their official language but it feels very Carribean or Mexico in relation to a possible vacation. Lake Shasta can be done any time. I do love houseboating on Lake Mead.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Bjork says Iceland and some other jibberish. Belize seems interesting as they have English as their official language but it feels very Carribean or Mexico in relation to a possible vacation. Lake Shasta can be done any time. I do love houseboating on Lake Mead.
I have put a 6000.00 cap on it for food, excursions ect....
Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I'd go to Belize. Beaches, jungle, Mayan ruins. Or is that Guatamala with the ruins? Either way.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I'd go to Belize. Beaches, jungle, Mayan ruins. Or is that Guatamala with the ruins? Either way.

Don't forget Cabana Boys!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #6
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Really....shasta or Belize. Cmon. Belize has got to be better especially if you consider we've had a pretty bad drought so the lake will probably look like crap.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

If you go to Belize bring a gun
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Myrtle Beach.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Really....shasta or Belize. Cmon. Belize has got to be better especially if you consider we've had a pretty bad drought so the lake will probably look like crap.
I been to Belize . I never rented a houseboat. It looks pretty fun.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If you go to Belize bring a gun
Why ? I 've been there. They are very nice.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Don't forget Cabana Boys!

Cabana Men, Steve. Men.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Ever thought of visiting the Westboro Baptist Church?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Ok I hear you. I do love the lake and the shasta area, but just wanted you to know the lake is most likely low. I know that bothers some people, like myself.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #14
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

What does this have anything to do with what I asked ?? So Confused ??

Oh and just so you know I am a smart ass 99 percent of the time but someone who protest a military funeral is not a joking matter.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It depends on when to go. Houseboats on Shasta and Don Pedro are fun. But with lakes pretty low not sure how it is now.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #16
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

My cousin and his wife have been to Belize. Loved it.
Bronc0guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

belize? boat house? lake shasta?

guided fishing trips in alaska or guided fishing trips in the east coast for tuna.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
belize? boat house? lake shasta?

guided fishing trips in alaska or guided fishing trips in the east coast for tuna.
Big time fisher person . Fish for Albacore every year off the Oregon Coast . My wife is not and hates cold weather or I would be off to Alaska in a minute. I was thinking about doing some serious fishing while there where ever I go. The Caribbean is some of the best fishing in the world.

I wanna go fly fishing for some Tarpon.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

i heard there is excellent tarpon fishing in costa rica. saw a show on wfn and they were fishing for tarpon on something that look like a river.

that belize trip sounds great then. i would send the wife off to her trinket shopping and i would hit the coast for some tarpon, rooster tail, grouper fishing.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Been to Shasta and did the houseboat thing. Thing about being on a lake is that you are stuck on the lake with really no where else to go. Belize offers great beaches...better fishing and a number of other things to do while on vacation that your wife would find fun as well. Tons of Americans call Belize home and a large number of Americans also vacation there.

If it was up to me, there is zero question on where to vacation. Belize hands down.

The only reason you would need a gun is to do a "Drive By" in Cabo and put Baja out of his misery.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #21
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
i heard there is excellent tarpon fishing in costa rica. saw a show on wfn and they were fishing for tarpon on something that look like a river.

that belize trip sounds great then. i would send the wife off to her trinket shopping and i would hit the coast for some tarpon, rooster tail, grouper fishing.
I stayed on an Island called Holbox. Its right where the gulf of Mexico meets the Caribbean. We swam with whale sharks, I fished for all kinda different fish but we did not find the Tarpon how ever this place holds some of the biggest in the world. No cars, banks, phones, ac it was like stepping back into the 1800's . It was pretty sweet.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #22
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Been to Shasta and did the houseboat thing. Thing about being on a lake is that you are stuck on the lake with really no where else to go. Belize offers great beaches...better fishing and a number of other things to do while on vacation that your wife would find fun as well. Tons of Americans call Belize home and a large number of Americans also vacation there.

If it was up to me, there is zero question on where to vacation. Belize hands down.

The only reason you would need a gun is to do a "Drive By" in Cabo and put Baja out of his misery.
Ignorance - not an asset

Crime Threats

Violent crime has risen steadily over the past several years.

Due to the extremely high murder rate per capita, Belize is the sixth most violent country in the world, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, with an average of over 40 homicides per 100,000 residents. Murders are a growing and continuing problem for Americans, Belizeans, and Belize law enforcement and security. In 2012, Belize recorded 145 murders, setting a new record for homicides in the country. The murder rate was nearly 15 percent higher than 2011. The majority of the homicides in 2012 occurred in Belize City, where gang violence is rampant, especially on the south side of the city. A “gang truce” that had been in place since September 2011 ended in the spring of 2012, following a peaceful re-election of the ruling United Democratic Party (UDP) in May 2012.

In 2012, homicides continued to rise throughout the country specifically in the western and northern districts. Homicides increased in the Cayo district in the west, which is home to the capital city, Belmopan, and the U.S. Embassy. Homicides in Belmopan nearly doubled over 2011 numbers. Homicides also rose in the northern district of Corozal, which borders Mexico.

Much of the violent crime in Belize occurs on the south side of Belize City, home to several street gangs. Belizean officials, in November 2012, in an attempt to control the security situation in these areas, invoked a “declaration of crime infested areas” under the Belizean law that allows for law enforcement and security forces to conduct warrantless searches of personnel and property in “crime ridden” areas.

In January 2013, four prominent George Street Gang (GSG) members were found brutally murdered in an apartment building on the southeast side of Belize City. The ensuing panic and rampant speculation regarding the possible perpetrators led to the early closing of several businesses and schools in Belize City and generated a security message from the U.S. Embassy to U.S. citizens.

The majority of crimes are burglaries and thefts. Overall, corruption, human smuggling and trafficking, the drug trade, money laundering, and organized gang activity remain significant criminal problems. Additionally, in many cases, organized criminal organizations operate beyond the ability of the police to disrupt them. Compounding this problem is the very modest capacity to prosecute offenders.

Tourist attractions, including the cayes, remain some of the safest destinations. While crime against tourists exists on the cayes, it is less frequent and generally non-violent, though some notable murders have occurred, including the widely-publicized murder of a U.S. citizen on San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Tourists have been robbed while visiting archeological sites, and occasional violent crimes have occurred at resort areas on both mainland Belize and the cayes. Illicit activities in remote areas can involve innocent tourists.

The reporting of financial crimes committed against patrons of tourists destinations increased in 2012. There were several reported instances of credit card fraud against patrons of resorts and other local establishments. It is believed that several credit card fraud rings are active.

There have also been several reports of tourists being “set up” or solicited to purchase illegal drugs. The tourists are then arrested. Most have been fined and then released, but visitors should be aware that they could be sent to prison to await trial, and, if convicted, could serve their sentence in Belize, in according with Belize’s strict laws on illegal narcotics.

There have been reports of fraud committed against expatriates and Belizeans who have attempted to purchase land. Many expatriates have reported being the victim of scams in which land is purchased that was not available, or land was purchased that was legally owned by other parties. It has been reported that Belizean authorities have not been proactive in investigating these crimes and enacting measure to ensure that they do not continue to occur.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Big time fisher person . Fish for Albacore every year off the Oregon Coast . My wife is not and hates cold weather or I would be off to Alaska in a minute. I was thinking about doing some serious fishing while there where ever I go. The Caribbean is some of the best fishing in the world.

I wanna go fly fishing for some Tarpon.
My fiancé and I are going to Sitka in May for our honeymoon on a King Salmon and Halibut fishing trip. Absolutely can't wait man
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Go to Belize. My buddy who lives in Northern California says the lakes water levels are too low.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

House boating but not Shasta. Change plans to Lake Powell and you won't be disappointed. It is 1000x better in my opinion.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote