The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default RB, Am I the only concerned?

From my perspective, Moreno was a key part of the best offense ever in the nfl. Not just with his running last year, but he is excellent at pass protecting. Ya, he isnt Adrian Peterson, but I feel that for 3 Mil a year he is low risk high reward.

To me this is just a common cents.

But, in retrospect, I felt the same way last year when we got rid of Mcgahee, but look how this year turned out

What do you guys think?
Kevin8Nine is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Draft?
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Common sense
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

I think Moreno was playing his very best in a contract year. Aside from this year, he was always injured and underperforming.

They will draft someone with one of their first two picks...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I think Moreno was playing his very best in a contract year. Aside from this year, he was always injured and underperforming.

If be surprised if they added an RB with their first two picks, and I'm also not concerned.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If be surprised if they added an RB with their first two picks, and I'm also not concerned.
Meh...me neither.

Ball is solid and will most likely carry the load.

Clearly Denver believes it's issue's lie elsewhere.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
To me this is just a common cents.
common francs
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Common sense
Common Scents
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I've read quite a few posts this off season in regards to the RB position...and you'd think Ronnie Hillman is no longer on the roster...he's younger than Montee Ball
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Common Scents
Thomas Paine, man.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I've read quite a few posts this off season in regards to the RB position...and you'd think Ronnie Hillman is no longer on the roster...he's younger than Montee Ball
Hillman sucks.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Thomas Paine, man.
Nice. Very nice.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I get how Bronco homers would love KM.

Here are my 2 "Cents" on KM and Bronco homers

KM was a 1st round pick by the worst HC in Bronco history. A lot of these homer types loved mCd and followed him blindly until his position was untenable (for the benefit of the OP who is likely a pre-teen untenable means he was not able to maintain his position) at which point they grasped at anything he did right to prove their blind loyalty wasn't in vain.

After mCd was ****canned within 18 months of his hiring all they had left was to prove that he knew how evaluate talent so they clung to his draft picks waiting on the ones who were left to deliver. Every time a QB ran into Ayers for a sack they rejoiced, etc...

After having a decent rookie year KM disappears for a few years, never completing another full season (if you count the playoff losses) and ends up getting busted with a DUI and loses his job to an old and worn down mCgahee. He spends nearly half a season in Elway's dog house until mCgahee finally breaks down for good and KM is called on. KM plays well in relief only to go out in the 2012 Divisional game when he is needed the most.

Never fear KM Bronco homer! KM bounces back with his 1st ever 1k rushing season, on the greatest O ever. KM shown crying on TV and it is suddenly inspiring! He is a leader with heart because he kept crawling on the ground after a tackle (by the 1st contact) among other stunts "pumping" up his team. Everyone loves him forgetting how he was a wasted pick for the majority of his career who drove a car drunk with plates that read "SAUCED".

A rookie who he was stealing touches from surpasses his YPC late in the season and equals him in pass pro and catching and surpassing his output on the ground but now RB is our weak spot because we no longer have a guy that peaked, who has suffered multiple injuries (which add up fast at RB) and did little to motivate his team outside of tears and celebrating (anyone remember the humiliating Raider loss back in the mCd era where KM scored down 50+ and celebrated?

Yep I was glad the dude FINALLY produced but I am more glad he is gone and no longer holding Ball back.

There is no way John would let him walk without thinking they had depth behind Ball or an option in the Draft.

Congrats to the Bronco's 6th all time leading rusher, who only out rushed Elway for 6th place by 61 yards!

I hope he does well in Miami, as long as it is not against us. It will be fun to see if he can rush for 250+ on the Pats twice every year, but I am so glad he is no longer a Bronco and we can upgrade the position, but hey, what do I know? I just hate mCd and most of the bums he drafted.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #14
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

KM was a 1st round pick by the worst HC in Bronco history. A lot of these homer types loved mCd and followed him blindly until his position was untenable (for the benefit of the OP who is likely a pre-teen untenable means he was not able to maintain his position) at which point they grasped at anything he did right to prove their blind loyalty wasn't in vain.

After mCd was ****canned within 18 months of his hiring all they had left was to prove that he knew how evaluate talent so they clung to his draft picks waiting on the ones who were left to deliver. Every time a QB ran into Ayers for a sack they rejoiced, etc...

After having a decent rookie year KM disappears for a few years, never completing another full season (if you count the playoff losses) and ends up getting busted with a DUI and loses his job to an old and worn down mCgahee. He spends nearly half a season in Elway's dog house until mCgahee finally breaks down for good and KM is called on. KM plays well in relief only to go out in the 2012 Divisional game when he is needed the most.

Never fear KM Bronco homer! KM bounces back with his 1st ever 1k rushing season, on the greatest O ever. KM shown crying on TV and it is suddenly inspiring! He is a leader with heart because he kept crawling on the ground after a tackle (by the 1st contact) among other stunts "pumping" up his team. Everyone loves him forgetting how he was a wasted pick for the majority of his career who drove a car drunk with plates that read "SAUCED".

A rookie who he was stealing touches from surpasses his YPC late in the season and equals him in pass pro and catching and surpassing his output on the ground but now RB is our weak spot because we no longer have a guy that peaked, who has suffered multiple injuries (which add up fast at RB) and did little to motivate his team outside of tears and celebrating (anyone remember the humiliating Raider loss back in the mCd era where KM scored down 50+ and celebrated?

Yep I was glad the dude FINALLY produced but I am more glad he is gone and no longer holding Ball back.

There is no way John would let him walk without thinking they had depth behind Ball or an option in the Draft.

Congrats to the Bronco's 6th all time leading rusher, who only out rushed Elway for 6th place by 61 yards!

I hope he does well in Miami, as long as it is not against us. It will be fun to see if he can rush for 250+ on the Pats twice every year, but I am so glad he is no longer a Bronco and we can upgrade the position, but hey, what do I know? I just hate mCd and most of the bums he drafted.
So not a Moreno fan, huh?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #15
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
So not a Moreno fan, huh?
BRONCO fan
Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #16
enjolras
Ring of Famer

3 million a year is a LOT to pay for 3.8 yards per carry.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #17
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:

shouldn't you be passed out in a drug induced haze by now?
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

I'm hoping this guy is there at 63 and Elway picks him.

Ka'deem carey has been the best back in the country for the past 2 years imo.

Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
shouldn't you be passed out in a drug induced haze by now?
Just about to.

I was going to PM you, Were you on the Pokerking Holdem site playing the other night? I was in a sit-and-go tourney with a guy with the same userid. I don't think it was you though because he went all in early and was gone before I could ask him his name.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #20
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Just about to.

I was going to PM you, Were you on the Pokerking Holdem site playing the other night? I was in a sit-and-go tourney with a guy with the same userid. I don't think it was you though because he went all in early and was gone before I could ask him his name.
nope.. I haven't played on-line poker for a long time now.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
nope.. I haven't played on-line poker for a long time now.
I have been playing for free on a phone app here and there, not the same as when it is your money but better than launching birds at stuff.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post

4th round at the soonest. No way in hell does Elway go RB in the 1st 2 rounds 3 consecutive seasons.

The team wants Ball to be the guy. So if we do get someone we are getting a guy who can spell him and take 5-8 carries a game, not a guy who can carry the load. Also, there really isn't anyone in the draft that will go earlier that I think is that much better than those who will go late.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 03-29-2014 at 08:39 PM..
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Ball was playing better than Moreno at the end of the year. Pass protection was even at that point and he had a more physical presence. I would not be shocked if a back is drafted later on for depth, but I think they go with Ball and Hillman.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #24
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
KM was a 1st round pick by the worst HC in Bronco history.
Arguably Lew Sabin & John Rolsten were worse. On second thought no they weren't but they were pretty bad.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
I'm hoping this guy is there at 63 and Elway picks him.

Ka'deem carey has been the best back in the country for the past 2 years imo.

He completely bombed his combine and ran a 4.7 - 40, so it's quite possible.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote