The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #176
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
"3 minutes, that's all I'm givin' ya. That's all the f--- I got!" - Bernie Mac

Bernie Mac, RIP. Funny ass dude. He was spot on, in tonight's case. She won't remember it tomorrow anyway. O well.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #177
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Bernie Mac, RIP. Funny ass dude. He was spot on, in tonight's case. She won't remember it tomorrow anyway. O well.
I'm actually surprised you're still awake. For me that's a TKO.

Goodnight, time for me to hit that dusty road.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #178
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
The cap is expected to rise to 145-146 million.

They can backload those deals, and who knows if Manning plays in 2015 which will give them even more $.

Besides, as we've seen under Sullivan, he's been quite masterful at working these contracts.

They wont keep them all, have to let some guys go, but none of them minus DT will command huge money (10+ a year).

Another draft class in 15, the 14 draft class could fill 9-11 spots, maybe more. Then roll from there.

It's 5280 douche nozzle. Go back to the Browns. We don't want you.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #179
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
It's 5280 douche nozzle. Go back to the Browns. We don't want you.

/thread
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:54 PM   #180
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Just leave Franklin alone at RT and draft a damn OG.
Say for the sake of argument that Franklin kicks in to OG, Clark wins the RT job and Montgomery wins the C job.
You still have very little depth along the OL and now you have two guys changing positions and a brand new C. I want no part of that, Manning is great but that is too much shuffling.
You have Ramirez and whoever Denver drafts. Sounds like good depth too me.

Winston Justice backing up the OTs
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #181
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Wait....are people thinking Montgomery is going to start over Ramirez at OC? That's not going to happen, the team is thrilled with Ramirez. Montgomery is 100% top notch OC depth and he likely pushes Steve Vallos out the door, if he's even still on the team. Montgomery could compete to start at LG I suppose, but I think he's just quality depth we hope never has to play this season.

Barring Xavier Su'a-Filo actually falling to our #31 overall selection, I don't see a scenario where we take an interior lineman at any point before the 5th round. We have huge secondary concerns along with WR and ILB.

I fully expect our line to be LT Clady, LG Franklin, OC Ramirez, RG Vasquez, and RT Clark. I expect Montgomery to be the primary backup at OC and OG, Justice to backup at RT (Clark would obviously switch to LT if needed), and Painter to backup at OT/OG. Painter has to make the team or someone will sign him, no PS. That's 8. Teams will dress between 7 - 10 O-linemen with the preference on the lower number, but that depends on positional versatility of your guys, the Broncos are massively versatile. We have room to take an OT or OG later in the draft and have them on the 53 but not dress as we develop them. 5th round seems like a good spot for this.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:55 AM   #182
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

SoCal-

How was Franklin's pulling ability back at the U?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #183
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Wait....are people thinking Montgomery is going to start over Ramirez at OC?
Yes, there is clearly a suggestion that it's possible.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-as-starting-c
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #184
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Manny's not exactly a latter-day Mick Tingelhoff out there ... he was considered a very shaky player one year ago. When JD Walton went down in preseason, they signed Dan Koppen out of retirement instead of going with Manny. Only when Koppen was injured and Blake washed out did Manny get his chance.

You guys see this?: The Giants signed JD Walton to a two-year $5 million contract couple weeks ago. They're projecting him as their starter.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #185
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Manny's not exactly a latter-day Mick Tingelhoff out there ... he was considered a very shaky player one year ago. When JD Walton went down in preseason, they signed Dan Koppen out of retirement instead of going with Manny. Only when Koppen was injured and Blake washed out did Manny get his chance.

You guys see this?: The Giants signed JD Walton to a two-year $5 million contract couple weeks ago. They're projecting him as their starter.
That's not entirely accurate. First off, JD Walton went down the season before (2012) - not in preseason 2013.

Manny was the center through OTA's and into TC because they were giving JD Walton time to recover. Manny was starting ahead of Koppen even before Koppen was injured and the team has stated that several times (both Fox and Magazu were on record as saying Manny was the starting center throughout OTA's and TC)
Old 04-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #186
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
That's not entirely accurate. First off, JD Walton went down the season before (2012) - not in preseason 2013.

Manny was the center through OTA's and into TC because they were giving JD Walton time to recover. Manny was starting ahead of Koppen even before Koppen was injured and the team has stated that several times (both Fox and Magazu were on record as saying Manny was the starting center throughout OTA's and TC)
Walton re injured that ankle. Swelled up after performing in mini camp. Until June he was on his way to being the starter for 2013.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2349350...y-center-might
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #187
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Walton re injured that ankle. Until June he was on his way to being the starter for 2013

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2349350...y-center-might
You are right, I forgot about the re-aggravation.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #188
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
You are right, I forgot about the re-aggravation.
I just like that we have options on which way to go/approach. I think once camp gets rolling and we see who they take in the draft things will fall into place.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #189
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Wait....are people thinking Montgomery is going to start over Ramirez at OC? That's not going to happen, the team is thrilled with Ramirez. Montgomery is 100% top notch OC depth and he likely pushes Steve Vallos out the door, if he's even still on the team. Montgomery could compete to start at LG I suppose, but I think he's just quality depth we hope never has to play this season.

Barring Xavier Su'a-Filo actually falling to our #31 overall selection, I don't see a scenario where we take an interior lineman at any point before the 5th round. We have huge secondary concerns along with WR and ILB.

I fully expect our line to be LT Clady, LG Franklin, OC Ramirez, RG Vasquez, and RT Clark. I expect Montgomery to be the primary backup at OC and OG, Justice to backup at RT (Clark would obviously switch to LT if needed), and Painter to backup at OT/OG. Painter has to make the team or someone will sign him, no PS. That's 8. Teams will dress between 7 - 10 O-linemen with the preference on the lower number, but that depends on positional versatility of your guys, the Broncos are massively versatile. We have room to take an OT or OG later in the draft and have them on the 53 but not dress as we develop them. 5th round seems like a good spot for this.
It's not a lock he starts, sure but its not crazy to think he won't given the other questionable options on the line.

Manny should stay at C imo where he flourished, but if the team likes Montgomery there or LG, then so be it.

Looking at PFF numbers, Montgomery is basically a cheaper version of Beadles.

Elway has said they'll go "BPA", whoever that is remains to be seen. Could certainly see them go OL depending whose there at 31.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote