The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #101
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Wut? The delusional ranting has already begun
Read it again. You'll probably understand this time, that's what I tell me nephew when he's acting slow.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #102
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,553

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Hope it doesn't create attitude issues or lackluster effort.

Big-O certainly isn't handling it well so far if that is really the case.
Why should he handle it well? It is hurting his income potential. That should be his first priority.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:20 PM   #103
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Lol

Judging by the emotional reactions on this thread, there are going to be a lot of butthurt Broncos fans when Franklin is moved to LG.
Tallest OG in the League at 6'7"?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #104
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bůg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Tallest OG in the League at 6'7"?
It's part of Fox's plan to bench Manning and insert the 6'10 giant named Brock
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #105
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Tallest OG in the League at 6'7"?
Louis Vasquez - 6046"
Orlando Franklin - 6054"

Once again, I don't have a dog in this race. Personal insults and hyperbole aside, it's not a if Franklin didn't dominate at LG in college.

If you guys are that concerned, why don't you mount a protest on the steps of the capitol building? Is not as if complaining on the Orangemane is going to get you anywhere.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #106
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,553

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Louis Vasquez - 6046"
Orlando Franklin - 6054"

Once again, I don't have a dog in this race. Personal insults and hyperbole aside, it's not a if Franklin didn't dominate at LG in college.

If you guys are that concerned, why don't you mount a protest on the steps of the capitol building? Is not as if complaining on the Orangemane is going to get you anywhere.
He was a LT as a senior.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #107
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He was a LT as a senior.
He played that year "out of position" according to scouts. Also played with a torn meniscus most the year.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #108
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
He was a LT as a senior.
And he started at LG as a Sophomore and Junior. The Broncos are going to play him wherever they see fit. The only thing I have to say on the matter is that they are going to have a hard time fitting him under the cap in 2015, so plan accordingly.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #109
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Judging by the emotional reactions on this thread, there are going to be a lot of butthurt Broncos fans when Franklin is moved to LG.
Can't imagine why butthurt ... the idea's been bandied endlessly since Draft Day 2011, when the Fox-master himself talked about it.

Huge for a guard, but HE'S THE SAME SIZE AS LEOMARD DABIS who made the same move after leaving AZ for Dallas, and he went to 3 straight Pro Bowls ....... so I think butthurt is an overreaction.

Maybe look at the cup half-full ... they must LOVE Chris Clark to make such a move.

It's true Franklin ranked among the very best pass-blocking RTs, this Patriots fan site called him the best pass-blocking RT in the league a year ago (Click).

Pro Football Focus graded him the #2 pass-blocking RT in 2012:


Too bad nobody introduced him to Cliff Avril before the Super Bowl started ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #110
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,840

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I like Franklin and think he adds a lot of value but "elite" and "one of the best" are descriptors I wouldn't use.

"Elite" and "one of the best" RTs would kick over to LT when Clady went down last year as opposed to starting someone with little to no experience and an UDFA pedigree.

In fact, I think it's pretty evident he isn't even in the top 2 of our own tackles...

I'm all for retaining Franklin, and I like what he adds quite a bit, but at the moment, we don't even KNOW he'll be a starter in September.

Does he stay at RT?

If so, does he compete with Clark?

If so, can he even win the job?

Does he kick inside to LG?

If so, can he handle it?

Do we draft a superior player?

A lot of questions that aren't conducive to handing him an extension right now. I'm quite firmly in Elway's camp on this one.
I think this is a good point but at the same time, not all players would be able to swap positions like that. You've got guys who are natural LT's, natural RT's, and guys that could do either. I think Franklin is clearly a natural RT.

As for Clark, I don't see much chance that he would start over Franklin at RT. Clark was a holdover from the McDaniels regime and our current staff not only selected Franklin but started him over Clark as a rookie, which seems to be even more telling considering John Fox's preference for starting veterans. Granted though, that was 2011 and it's possible things have changed since then.
Florida_Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #111
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,820

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default






Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #112
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
This is the 1st thread ever that I've seen people complain about Franklin or claim he's average.

Ridiculous.

How are you people even grading or judging Franklin? Manning has been 1st and 2nd in the league past 2 years in sacks, and Franklin obviously is a mauler in the run game...

But some how...he's not a good RT.
I think a lot of people, myself included, attribute the OL play to Manning. He makes the OL look better. Even Clark looked really good at LT last year. Whether that is because of Clark or Manning (same thing with Franklin), you'd have to ask someone who knows better than me. I don't think anyone has said he is a bad RT. I just think the debate is whether or not he is Elite.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #113
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper
 
Mile High Salute's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mile High City, CO
Posts: 199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post





Love Franklin. Dude is solid. Anyone who thinks differently just hasn't been watching.

There was a great interview with Franklin on 104.3 this afternoon. Totally owned his Super Bowl performance, gave credit to the Seahawks, and said it was the worst game of his career. Said he loves playing for the Broncos and doesn't care whether he plays guard or tackle! Just total class. Said his tweet was about frustration of people on the internet calling him out about the Super Bowl, and not directed at all at the Broncos or his teammates. Loved his attitude.

I'd love to see our lineup be Clady, Franklin, ManRam, Vasquez, and Clark. Can you imagine how filthy that line will be for Montee Ball running to the left side?
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #114
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
Love Franklin. Dude is solid. Anyone who thinks differently just hasn't been watching.

There was a great interview with Franklin on 104.3 this afternoon. Totally owned his Super Bowl performance, gave credit to the Seahawks, and said it was the worst game of his career. Said he loves playing for the Broncos and doesn't care whether he plays guard or tackle! Just total class. Said his tweet was about frustration of people on the internet calling him out about the Super Bowl, and not directed at all at the Broncos or his teammates. Loved his attitude.

I'd love to see our lineup be Clady, Franklin, ManRam, Vasquez, and Clark. Can you imagine how filthy that line will be for Montee Ball running to the left side?

He should Direct it to some who thinks he's terrible here. Like others have said, this is the 1st time I've seen some throw out this BS. Everyone had a horrendous game in the SB.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #115
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I think a lot of people, myself included, attribute the OL play to Manning. He makes the OL look better. Even Clark looked really good at LT last year. Whether that is because of Clark or Manning (same thing with Franklin), you'd have to ask someone who knows better than me. I don't think anyone has said he is a bad RT. I just think the debate is whether or not he is Elite.
Before Manning showed up Franklin was the ONLY broncos OL who had a positive grade.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #116
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Before Manning showed up Franklin was the ONLY broncos OL who had a positive grade.
Right, does a positive grade make him elite though? I was just trying to answer why I thought the discussion was going on. I'm do not know OL well enough to have a strong opinion one way or another. I don't think anyone thinks he is bad at RT, but some people think he might be better at Guard than Tackle. I don't think thats an entirely unreasonable thought.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #117
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Right, does a positive grade make him elite though? I was just trying to answer why I thought the discussion was going on. I'm do not know OL well enough to have a strong opinion one way or another. I don't think anyone thinks he is bad at RT, but some people think he might be better at Guard than Tackle. I don't think thats an entirely unreasonable thought.
Elite is a pretty strong term when evaluating a player. Id label him good to great. Not many are labeled it. I just mentioned him being the only lineman to grade out positive before manning showed up to show him being good isn't just a result of manning.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #118
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,709
Default

Orlando Franklin (104.3 the FAN):

1. Definitely benefits me, and suits my talents to move inside.
2. Superbowl by far my worst game of my career.
3. I don't get to be as physical as I want to be at OT.
4. They lined up Cliff Avril at wide-9, and knew that I had issues getting out there. Then he was able to counter it into a bull-rush.
5. It doesn't matter if I play at RT or LG.
6. Just continue getting flexible, it doesn't matter for me where I play. I just want to be on the field.
7. I knew at some point in my career I would move to Guard. That's always been a possibility since I was drafted.

Broncos told him he would get an opportunity to play at both spots in camp.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #119
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Does logic go right out the window when you judge people on TV?
Let's not pretend that judging people while you're in front of a screen isn't what you spend most of your time doing around here. Let's also not pretend that logic is behind every one of your confrontations.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #120
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,166

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

move him to guard and sign him to a contract extension then everyone will be happy.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #121
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,925

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
He should Direct it to some who thinks he's terrible here. Like others have said, this is the 1st time I've seen some throw out this BS. Everyone had a horrendous game in the SB.
Can anyone quote ANYONE who said anything close to that?

I've seen several people complain about people thinking he's "terrible" but haven't read a single post that actually said anything negative about him.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #122
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,925

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Orange Maner A: Orlando Franklin is elite.

Orange Maner B: Orlando Franklin is good, but elite might be a stretch.

Orange Maner C: OMG y r u idiots calling Franklin teribul? Do u evn watch futball oar just Sooperbole?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #123
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 5,767

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Can anyone quote ANYONE who said anything close to that?

I've seen several people complain about people thinking he's "terrible" but haven't read a single post that actually said anything negative about him.
A C at my alma maters would be classified as terrible.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #124
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,925

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
A C at my alma maters would be classified as terrible.
I'll patiently wait here while you explain how that has any relevance to the discussion or the situation.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #125
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,642
Default

If getting the best 5 on the field means Franklin at G and Clark at RT then that is fine with me
I think that looks that is the plan with Montgomery as insurance
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Denver Broncos