The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 12:24 AM   #76
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You might as well say Manning is no better than Mark Sanchez if you want to use the Super Bowl as a gauge.
Yep. If poor performance in the SB is the prime reason a guy should be replaced, we would likely have one starter left from last year. DT.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 AM   #77
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

This is the 1st thread ever that I've seen people complain about Franklin or claim he's average.

Ridiculous.

How are you people even grading or judging Franklin? Manning has been 1st and 2nd in the league past 2 years in sacks, and Franklin obviously is a mauler in the run game...

But some how...he's not a good RT.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:29 AM   #78
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
You might as well say Manning is no better than Mark Sanchez if you want to use the Super Bowl as a gauge.
I just cannot fully understand what people who are critical of Franklin are seeing to gauge this opinion of him not being good on.
It is flat out nonsense. We have two of the best OT's in football and all people want to do is move Franklin who has started from day 1 and been very good since 2012 because they somehow feel Clark will outplay him or that Franklin isn't good.

This is as insane as the people who were going crazy over Elvis getting cut because he got "so many" QB pressures.
Nonsense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #79
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
This is the 1st thread ever that I've seen people complain about Franklin or claim he's average.

Ridiculous.

How are you people even grading or judging Franklin? Manning has been 1st and 2nd in the league past 2 years in sacks, and Franklin obviously is a mauler in the run game...

But some how...he's not a good RT.
I don't understand it. He graded out in the top 2 for RT's in pass protection last season. Some sites had him as #1 at RT.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:27 AM   #80
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Franklin did not have a good Super Bowl.

Franklin is talking about both position change and salary. Decision's been made he'll move to the lesser-paid LG position, and Chris Clark will start at RT. In my opinion it's not because he's not good - he's very good except against hyper-quick DEs. It's about what a wild-eyed mauler he'll be at guard and how smoothly Clark handles all kinds of pass rushers at tackle.

Franklin is signed through this coming season at $1 mil base, FA in 2015.

And as long as you've raised the Super Bowl topic ... I never did hear, but I want to know. I Google and all I get is "nobody's fault" or the insipid excuse "noise." Who's on the hook for the 1st play bad snap?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #81
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Franklin is talking about both position change and salary. Decision's been made he'll move to the lesser-paid LG position, and Chris Clark will start at RT. In my opinion it's not because he's not good - he's very good except against hyper-quick DEs. It's about what a wild-eyed mauler he'll be at guard and how smoothly Clark handles all kinds of pass rushers at tackle.

And as long as you've raised the Super Bowl topic ... I never did hear, but I want to know. I Google and all I get is "nobody's fault" or the insipid excuse "noise." Who's on the hook for the 1st play bad snap?
Are you guessing or do you have this on fact?

Nobody knows what this line will officially look like until Week 1 of the regular season.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:09 AM   #82
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Franklin says something and now he's not good? WTF is going on around here
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #83
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
...and all people want to do is move Franklin who has started from day 1 and been very good since 2012 because they somehow feel Clark will outplay him or that Franklin isn't good.
It is silly. It appeared to me that Clark got beat a lot more than Franklin did. I don't have a problem with Franklin getting moved to LG if that will improve the overall play of the line, but I'm not sure I believe whoever we put at RT will be better.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #84
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Franklin says something and now he's not good? WTF is going on around here
Offseason chirping by the peanut gallery.

Franklin was the ONLY offensive lineman who had a positive grade before Manning became a bronco(a couple new ones now). And with Manning, Clark is the only offensive lineman who didnt have a positive grade last year. For me, Franklin > Clark.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 03-31-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #85
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It took two pages before I found someone living in my world (FYI I live in Scatman's world, because everybody is equal in Scatman's world - and so are you.)

Anyway, Elway and company have been below average at drafting offensive linemen. They have good coaches and can get a lot of out what they have, but when it comes to drafting they haven't done as well as at other positions.

Franklin is very large and he's "pretty good." But they just extended Winston Justice, and perhaps more importantly, singed Clark to a 3 year extension last season. So they have enough depth and leverage to sit tight on Franklin. Let's see how the draft plays out and how Franklin shows up in a contract year.
Hey, my main guy Elway has only drafted three OL, so 2-1 is not bad.

Out of 23 total picks:

OL - 3
DT - 2
DE - 3
RB - 2
CB - 2
QB - 2
WR - 1
LB - 4
Safety - 2
TE - 2

Defense = 13 total picks, 56.5%.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Saw this in reader comments on IAOFM:

Quote:
Vasquez was on ESPN radio a few weeks ago saying Big O really hates playing inside and its his contract year...
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...one-gay-player
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #87
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Are you guessing or do you have this on fact?

Nobody knows what this line will officially look like until Week 1 of the regular season.
Heard it in a fortuitous way from a very good source ... and it seems pretty clear that's what's happening anyway. Why else would he say that?

Plus, if Rotoworld knows, who needs to chat with Clady on Facebook to find out?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #88
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Saw this in reader comments on IAOFM:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...one-gay-player
Clady Yankey/Fuia Ramirez Vasquez Franklin.

Don't see much wrong with that for several years.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #89
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Other than Deebo not liking the switch
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #90
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Heard it in a fortuitous way from a very good source ... and it seems pretty clear that's what's happening anyway. Why else would he say that?

Plus, if Rotoworld knows, who needs to chat with Clady on Facebook to find out?

Hope it doesn't create attitude issues or lackluster effort.

Big-O certainly isn't handling it well so far if that is really the case.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #91
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Signing Justice is a not-too-subtle clue to this switch ... team was telling anyone who'd listen Clark was the best backup OT in the league, yet they re-sign Justice. He's a journeyman, but has lots of options, plenty of suitors. 7 or 8 teams wanted him last Spring ... he took the summer off, then signed with us after Week 1.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #92
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:

IMO that play was on Manning, more than anyone else. He moved toward the line FAR too late and everyone but he moved at the snap. Clock was down to almost zero...and it would have been better if he had taken a TO.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #93
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Damn Scott ... I've been afraid that was the answer. Poor guy is just over-stressed on the big stage I guess ... that interception with 2 minutes left in the Saints Super Bowl - yikes.

It would be so much easier to just blame the Mexican. I mean, no - I don't mean it like that.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #94
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ackles/page/32

Franklin is the 5th best RT there. The real point is, even if you think he's not top 5, he's obviously one of the better RT's in the league.

I don't think people understand how bad some tackles are in the league. Franklin has ALWAYS been consistent week in and week out. There is not a game, outside the super bowl, in my memory that he has ever been a weak point or the cause of weakness in our offense. That's with Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning.
Yeah, he's one of the better RT's. Franklin is at very least average IMO, probably top ten.

He never gets beat inside that I remember, that's 1/3 of his job. The bottom tier of RT's get beat both inside and outside. Franklin only gets beat outside and that against the top LDE's. That's 1/3 of his job, so he's in the positive there.

Run blocking he's alright, he takes care of his guy but he's slow-footed as pricejj said. He doesn't get to the next level fast. His range is about a six yard circle. But, that puts him in the top ten since RT's are not known for downfield blocking.

I'd like to see the splits about where Denver ran their running plays. I bet most of them went to the middle or to the right, Franklin's side. If that is true, then defenses knew where Denver was going to run to.

Basically, it was a predictable offense. They want a first down in a certain situation, especially third and short, Manning goes to the same plays over and over, predictable. Didn't work before? No problem, I'll wave my arms, yell Omaha about fifty times, then run the same dang play that didn't work five consecutive times before.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #95
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Hope it doesn't create attitude issues or lackluster effort.

Big-O certainly isn't handling it well so far if that is really the case.
Y'all are really making a big deal out of one Damn tweet.

Like you guys have never been frustrated in your life.

Does logic go right out the window when you judge people on TV?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #96
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Y'all are really making a big deal out of one Damn tweet.

Like you guys have never been frustrated in your life.

Does logic go right out the window when you judge people on TV?
Elway & Co. have to play around with the roster quite a bit, that's what good teams do. Franklin will have to wait. As for getting "personal" I see he deleted that.

Dude is a media favorite in Denver, he had weekly appearances on a radio program, 15-20 minutes. Nobody else on the team did that. Shaun Phillips would yack a lot, he could be contacted by cell phone and would speak on the radio.

Yeah, I can see frustrated. He has himself a comfortable slot on the OL. But, as people have said, the Super Bowl. That was disappointing, you don't get long contracts as a result of that.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #97
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Signing Justice is a not-too-subtle clue to this switch ... team was telling anyone who'd listen Clark was the best backup OT in the league, yet they re-sign Justice. He's a journeyman, but has lots of options, plenty of suitors. 7 or 8 teams wanted him last Spring ... he took the summer off, then signed with us after Week 1.
I would love someone to give us a 2nd for Clark! Who doesn't think the a good LT is worth a 2nd round pick is insane.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:51 PM   #98
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Lol

Judging by the emotional reactions on this thread, there are going to be a lot of butthurt Broncos fans when Franklin is moved to LG.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #99
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Lol

Judging by the emotional reactions on this thread, there are going to be a lot of butthurt Broncos fans when Franklin is moved to LG.
You should call the 31 other NFL teams and tell them you have inside news that the Broncos aren't drafting an OG... And have none on their draft board.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #100
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Wut? The delusional ranting has already begun
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote