The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 AM   #26
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
For next year? Because they haven't included Von Miller's 2015 option ($9.75M) or draft pick salaries.
Nevermind. I was responding to your post but it's just semantics. You said we'd have 30 mill in cap space next year without signing and of our FAs but taking vons option isn't signing an FA technically speaking as you were probably thinking.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:40 AM   #27
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Beadles needs to be replaced. I don't really care how you do it. Or are you in the camp that thinks Ben Garland is going to be the starting LG? hahahaha

Replace Beadles with Franklin and draft a starting RT. Or draft a starting LG to replace Beadles. Or move ManRam to LG and draft a starting Center.

Either way they have to draft a starting OL. Get the picture?
I'm in the camp that thinks they can also start Chris Clark and we have no idea how far along Painter is.

Personally I think it'd be great to draft a big ass guard. But I also don't think we are doomed if we don't.

I think we have options...
Old 03-28-2014, 05:06 AM   #28
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I'm in the camp that thinks they can also start Chris Clark and we have no idea how far along Painter is.

Personally I think it'd be great to draft a big ass guard. But I also don't think we are doomed if we don't.

Quote:

Maybe if they keep Franklin at RT, they can re-sign him for less than he'd command at Guard? That would be nice. In that case, keep him out there.

I think they have options with everything, except with LB. I think they have pretty much pigeon-holed themselves into a 1st round draft pick with LB.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #29
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Beadles needs to be replaced. I don't really care how you do it. Or are you in the camp that thinks Ben Garland is going to be the starting LG? hahahaha

Replace Beadles with Franklin and draft a starting RT. Or draft a starting LG to replace Beadles. Or move ManRam to LG and draft a starting Center.

I can't see that happening. Franklin is a top 10 RT and if you want to upgrade that position you'll need an elite RT and that's not going to happen where we pick.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:24 AM   #30
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I have no worries about cap issues. Elway will get it done.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #31
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I think we'll draft an OG, or maybe C, relatively early. Not that they mean much, but a lot of mocks have us taking Xavier Su'a-Filo. If he's BPA it's probably very possible. There's no way Elway and the coaches don't realize interior OL is a huge area of need.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #32
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is why trading down and getting more picks in the middle of this deep draft is what would really be great for the Broncos to not only have more depth, but cheaper contracts to take over for aging players and more money to sign more higher quality free agents next season.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 AM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I was following your thread on cap space spread sheet -- that thing was way off.

Show me a post with anyone claiming we'd have almost 35 million in cap space off season after taking into account rookie signings for the 2014 NFL draft.

Anyone claiming they'd think we would be able to afford who we did before this started is full of ****.
Go read my posts I said Elway would sign 3-4 new starters and 2-3 of them would be top end guys.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #34
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Build through the draft is truly the only answer to an aging team. It's time to re-leverage the scales.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

It would be nice to draft a lineman, but you don't have to draft a starting one. If they kicked Franklin inside and moved clark to RT, they'd be fine.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Pretty sure we are going to be fine $ wise. This guy doing the number crunching for us has been amazing. Just draft well.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #37
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
This is why trading down and getting more picks in the middle of this deep draft is what would really be great for the Broncos to not only have more depth, but cheaper contracts to take over for aging players and more money to sign more higher quality free agents next season.
In this draft I think every team would love to trade back.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #38
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If you want to get a great OG in this draft, #31 is a pretty good spot to be.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #39
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

30 mil is more than enough to sign our guys and make additions with the way we structure contracts. Sullivan is underpaid though, he is ****ing brilliant.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #40
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

I think Sullivan has been doing a great job so far. I just wish Elway would stop Pigeon Holing our team with our first round pick! It has to stop, if it keeps up we may have to get a new G.M.!
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #41
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
No way we cut Prater - he deserves the money. Colquitt is a different story.

We need to have a great draft this year...and with how deep it is hopefully we nail it.

Also hope Painter can come through...

Maybe Manning takes a pay cut next year too?

Also cap numbers never are what they seem. As you can see how horribly off everyone was in their assumption of how much cap room Broncos had this year...then we land Ware - Talib - TJ Ward - Emmanuel Sanders.
I think Colquitt is a top five punter and Denver will need him after Manning retires.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I think Colquitt is a top five punter and Denver will need him after Manning retires.
i thought colquitt was pretty unmemorable in his brief time last season, plus I think the specialty guys are getting so good at all levels that replacing them isnt all that difficult.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #43
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
i thought colquitt was pretty unmemorable in his brief time last season, plus I think the specialty guys are getting so good at all levels that replacing them isnt all that difficult.
He was invisible most of the time last year. In 2012 he was maybe the best punter in the NFL. Denver scored 606 points last year. If you remember what their punter did then you need some serious help!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #44
pricejj
jungle

For those of you who don't read the draft forum, MUG made a very interesting point:

The Broncos can use T.J. Ward, like the Chiefs use Eric Berry. Berry plays the half-field LB position in Chiefs Nickle Defense.

I think that would be a great idea. It is the most effective use of personnel and would probably lead to an overall much improved Defense. Broncos can truly go BPA in this draft, which is great! I thought I'd leave that here for you guys, because it really opens things up. MUG called it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #45
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

pricejj, I told you your calculations were probably off.

According to you we have

Quote:
The Broncos have approximately $4.99M remaining to spend in FA.
You're almost 2 million off, which is huge... or 27% or 36% off however you want to look at it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #46
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
For those of you who don't read the draft forum, MUG made a very interesting point:

The Broncos can use T.J. Ward, like the Chiefs use Eric Berry. Berry plays the half-field LB position in Chiefs Nickle Defense.

I think that would be a great idea. It is the most effective use of personnel and would probably lead to an overall much improved Defense. Broncos can truly go BPA in this draft, which is great! I thought I'd leave that here for you guys, because it really opens things up. MUG called it.
expect a CB to be drafted in top 3 rounds then
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #47
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

According to you we have
I added in draft picks. Please take a look at the spreadsheet before making unintelligent posts.

I don't have the time to teach you how to add or read. You're stalking me around this board like I stole something from you. Quite frankly I'm tired of wasting my time trying to explain basic math to you. Pick up a damn calculator and try to prove me wrong. Otherwise, please quit stalking me around spouting incoherent bullcrap without thinking about it. I refuse to respond to anymore of your posts.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-31-2014 at 07:43 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #48
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

According to you we have

You're almost 2 million off, which is huge... or 27% or 36% off however you want to look at it.
You haven't proven he is wrong. Lammey is saying capspace, while price is saying left for FA.....which is huge....like 27% or 36& however you want to look at it.

I feel dirty.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #49
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
I added in draft picks. Please take a look at the spreadsheet before making unintelligent posts.

I don't have the time to teach you how to add or read. You're stalking me around this board like I stole something from you. Quite frankly I'm tired of wasting my time trying to explain basic math to you. Pick up a damn calculator and try to prove me wrong. Otherwise, please quit stalking me around spouting incoherent bullcrap without thinking about it. I refuse to respond to anymore of your posts.
I knew you would claim that and I already calculated it:

Your draft picks add up to about $4 million, even if you subtract that from ESPN's number (6.8m) you get $2.8 million left.

So yeah you're off.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #50
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I knew you would claim that and I already calculated it:

Your draft picks add up to about $4 million, even if you subtract that from ESPN's number (6.8m) you get $2.8 million left.

So yeah you're off.
you are assuming all of the rookies will count against the cap.

why do you care? he put time and effort into it. if he is wrong it will show up later. quit being a dick