The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default Syrian war set to intensify..?

The Assad regime has been slowly winning in Syria. Eric Margolis thinks the war is about to take a turn for the worse. He thinks Israel may intervene to destroy Assad's air force. Let us hope he is wrong..
MHG

War in Syria Set to Intensify

By Eric Margolis

March 22, 2014 "Information Clearing House - As Syria lies dying, western media cries, “we must save Syria’s suffering children.” Indeed so, among Syria’s nine million internal and external refugees, some 450,000 are children.

All civil wars are bloody and cruel, but Syria’s strife has reached new extremes of violence and mass civilian suffering as the US and Saudi Arabia use this once beautiful, bountiful nation as a proxy battleground against Iran.

I extensively covered Lebanon’s 1975-1990 civil war; its ghastly memory still makes me shudder. In the 14 wars I’ve reported on, Lebanon holds top ranking for barbarity and sadism. One friend of mine, the owners of women’s boutiques, became a paramilitary Rambo and went from selling perfume to cutting off and collecting the ears of Muslims.

A similar madness has descended on Syria as its many ethnic and religious groups tear one another’s throats. Syria’s 630,000 Palestinian refugees have suffered frightfully, caught between the warring parties.

But as we lament the plight of Syria’s refugees, let’s remember that this brutal war was begun by the Western Powers and Saudis, is financed by them, and could be stopped at anytime if Washington and Riyadh give the order.

In 2011, fighting erupted after demonstrations against the government of President Bashar al-Assad. Many Syrians were fed up with the brutal, 40-year Assad dynastic dictatorship and domination by Assad’s Alawi minority.

Western intelligence used techniques developed in Georgia, Ukraine, Iran, Libya, Turkey (unsuccessfully) and Egypt to convert public anger into demonstrations. The Assad government’s typically heavy-handed response turned a local problem into spreading civil war.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle38037.htm
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The Assad regime has been slowly winning in Syria. Eric Margolis thinks the war is about to take a turn for the worse. He thinks Israel may intervene to destroy Assad's air force. Let us hope he is wrong..
MHG

War in Syria Set to Intensify

By Eric Margolis

March 22, 2014 "Information Clearing House - As Syria lies dying, western media cries, “we must save Syria’s suffering children.” Indeed so, among Syria’s nine million internal and external refugees, some 450,000 are children.

All civil wars are bloody and cruel, but Syria’s strife has reached new extremes of violence and mass civilian suffering as the US and Saudi Arabia use this once beautiful, bountiful nation as a proxy battleground against Iran.

I extensively covered Lebanon’s 1975-1990 civil war; its ghastly memory still makes me shudder. In the 14 wars I’ve reported on, Lebanon holds top ranking for barbarity and sadism. One friend of mine, the owners of women’s boutiques, became a paramilitary Rambo and went from selling perfume to cutting off and collecting the ears of Muslims.

A similar madness has descended on Syria as its many ethnic and religious groups tear one another’s throats. Syria’s 630,000 Palestinian refugees have suffered frightfully, caught between the warring parties.

But as we lament the plight of Syria’s refugees, let’s remember that this brutal war was begun by the Western Powers and Saudis, is financed by them, and could be stopped at anytime if Washington and Riyadh give the order.

In 2011, fighting erupted after demonstrations against the government of President Bashar al-Assad. Many Syrians were fed up with the brutal, 40-year Assad dynastic dictatorship and domination by Assad’s Alawi minority.

Western intelligence used techniques developed in Georgia, Ukraine, Iran, Libya, Turkey (unsuccessfully) and Egypt to convert public anger into demonstrations. The Assad government’s typically heavy-handed response turned a local problem into spreading civil war.

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle38037.htm
Like all the other predictions you post?

One of these days, you'll take ownership of every prediction that was wrong......right, that won't happen, it would require integrity.

Just put them all in one thread, no need to spam the board.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Syria is a mess and Obama promising them help, then letting Putin punk him has made America lose clout.

Obama would have been better off saying it's a civil war we have no interest. Instead he flexed his muscle, only to get popped in the nose by Putin. Then Obama ran home to his mommy crying. He's a pathetic President.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote