The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Russian Invasion Spreads Beyond Crimea

Russian forces backed by helicopter gunships and armored vehicles Saturday took control of a village near the border with Crimea on the eve of a referendum on whether the region should seek annexation by Moscow, Ukrainian officials said.

The action in Strilkove appeared to be the first move outside Crimea, where Russian forces have been in effective control since late last month. There were no reports of gunfire or injuries. The incident raises tensions already at a high level before Sunday's referendum.

In a statement, the Foreign Ministry denounced the foray outside Crimea, and said Ukraine "reserves the right to use all necessary measures to stop the military invasion by Russia."

The village is on a long spit reaching northward from the main part of the Black Sea peninsula, about 10 kilometers (six miles) north of the border between Crimea and the Kherson region.

A spokesman for the Ukrainian border guard service, Oleg Slobodyan, told The Associated Press the Russians, about 120 in all, took control of a natural gas distribution station in the village. The Foreign Ministry said the force consisted of about 80 and didn't mention the station, but said the village was seized.

Sure, we'll let you have the Sudetenland, but nothing besides that.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

It sounds like Sept '38 "peace in our time" all over again.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

What is Obama going to do?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What is Obama going to do?
Nothing unilateral, that's for sure. Like it or not, this is not our problem. The EU should gather up all it's military might together and head for the Black Sea. They've got to send a message.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nothing unilateral, that's for sure. Like it or not, this is not our problem. The EU should gather up all it's military might together and head for the Black Sea. They've got to send a message.
That's exactly how Americans felt before ww2. Not our problem, let Europe handle it. Wierd how history repeats itself.

I guess things really do go in cycles.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #6
Meck77

Well it doesn't seem Putin gives a rats ass what Obama has to say. It's possible a full scale invasion may be underway soon.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03...nks-to-border/
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Of course, the Europeans will just sit around talking until Putin has the whole thing sewed up, then they'll shrug their shoulders and say, "Well. Too late now."
Old 03-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

China will most likely take all the disputed islands from Japan and the Phillipines. The only country that can stand up to superpowers is the USA.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #9
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's exactly how Americans felt before ww2. Not our problem, let Europe handle it. Wierd how history repeats itself.

I guess things really do go in cycles.
Apples and oranges
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 AM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not shocking countries will play power plays seeing who the U.S. has in the WH. All talk, but not much else other than rounds of golf and more vacations at tax payer expense. I remember how the liberals howled whenever Bush went on vacation to his own ranch, and here this guy takes trips all around the world, but not a peep. Oh yeah, he's a black democrat, you aren't allowed to criticize anything he does. They are such deep thinkers.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Not shocking countries will play power plays seeing who the U.S. has in the WH. All talk, but not much else other than rounds of golf and more vacations at tax payer expense. I remember how the liberals howled whenever Bush went on vacation to his own ranch, and here this guy takes trips all around the world, but not a peep. Oh yeah, he's a black democrat, you aren't allowed to criticize anything he does. They are such deep thinkers.
Unlike you, right?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I think Putin would do this to another President as well. It's what they do after that defines them. Bush JR was too close to leaving office and most likely felt starting a war with Russia 3 1/2 months from leaving office not the way to turn over the keys to Obama.

Say what you want about Bush but he keeps mouth shut for Obama like a former President should. Unlike Clinton who feels the need to second guess the Presidents on TV.

Obama will be defined by the response he makes as his situation is so much different from Bush in 2008.

2008 we were wrapping up wars and in a recession. Our President was a few months from leaving office. Putin had not yet shown he was full of ****. I fully admit he fooled President Bush into thinking he was a good man. Bush bought his masculine let's chill at your ranch BS lock stock and barrel.

But with only 4 months left Bush made the right choice. You leave it for the next President.

In the end France mediated an end to the Russian march towards the capital. But Russian troops were in S. Osseittia before the conflict, and after.

This is different, this feels different and IMO Obama can't just say I will do it like Bush did, if it works out or doesn't i am off the hook. You know the whole Bush was worst or just the same BS he has fed us for almost 6 yrs now.

Aren't the liberals sick of him blaming Bush yet?
Old 03-16-2014, 08:52 AM   #13
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

By Stephen Cook – March 9, 2014
Deep down I ‘know’ that what’s going on right now with the situation evolving around Ukraine is part of a major global shift in power, politicking, negotiations, currency and energy exchange.
Which is why I’ve been trying to put the various pieces of this intricate and, on the surface at least, disjointed jigsaw puzzle together over the past few days.
So this is a selection of specific excerpts and video links which tie together what many people may believe are seemingly disconnected subjects – Ukraine, the US, Russia, the Galactics, Disclosure, oil and gas, the IMF, Cyprus, Syria, the global currency shift and – yes – 9/11. It’s the big picture that I’m ‘seeing’ – and, more importantly, feeling – with regards what’s going down, up, above, below, inside, outside, in-between and around Ukraine right now.
But as you’ll see, and I as always suspected, these incidents and topics are indeed inextricably linked, and have been for some time, even before September 11, 2001 - or even 1991, as you’ll also see…

http://goldenageofgaia.com/2014/03/0...shift-and-911/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Unlike you, right?
Sure, compared to moron liberals, anybody would. At least I don't feel compelled to defend anything and everything a political party says or does. Nor do I stupidly pretend people aren't losing their insurance or having their premiums raised like democrats have tried to do. In the liberal's little mind, the inconvenience of facts that get in the way of your utopian everybody has and does the same world, are bashed aside and pretend they aren't happening. But that's only been happening the past 40 years by the mostly controlled liberal media. You bozos remind me of Bagdad Bob. Someday you guys will grow up and be able to think for yourselves, but that takes overcoming how easily it was to indoctrinate you, which would be difficult, but some manage. But from your past posts, good luck with that happening for you
Old 03-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think Putin would do this to another President as well. It's what they do after that defines them. Bush JR was too close to leaving office and most likely felt starting a war with Russia 3 1/2 months from leaving office not the way to turn over the keys to Obama.

Say what you want about Bush but he keeps mouth shut for Obama like a former President should. Unlike Clinton who feels the need to second guess the Presidents on TV.

Obama will be defined by the response he makes as his situation is so much different from Bush in 2008.

2008 we were wrapping up wars and in a recession. Our President was a few months from leaving office. Putin had not yet shown he was full of ****. I fully admit he fooled President Bush into thinking he was a good man. Bush bought his masculine let's chill at your ranch BS lock stock and barrel.

But with only 4 months left Bush made the right choice. You leave it for the next President.

In the end France mediated an end to the Russian march towards the capital. But Russian troops were in S. Osseittia before the conflict, and after.

This is different, this feels different and IMO Obama can't just say I will do it like Bush did, if it works out or doesn't i am off the hook. You know the whole Bush was worst or just the same BS he has fed us for almost 6 yrs now.

Aren't the liberals sick of him blaming Bush yet?
I'd be surprised if liberals even admit that Russia is a problem now considering how much they wanted to pretend they weren't during the Cold War. But blaming Bush will always be an option since they are either to scared to criticize Obama for anything or too stupid and still think everything he does is fantastic.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I'd be surprised if liberals even admit that Russia is a problem now considering how much they wanted to pretend they weren't during the Cold War. But blaming Bush will always be an option since they are either to scared to criticize Obama for anything or too stupid and still think everything he does is fantastic.
How's things in the old Right Wing bubble these days? Anything getting in there other than Fox News? I thought not. Anyways, in all the screaming from the rabid Right for Obama to "Do Something!" what exactly would you like him to do? And question number two: Why us? Why is what happens in the Ukraine critical to U.S. national interests? Speaking of using your brain. Let's see you try your brain on that.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's critical to the world countries don't feel they can invade other countries. It could lead to a long war in the Ukraine as they fight Russian occupation. It destablizes the whole region and could lead to unforseen consequences.

I don't think America should attack that would be crazy at this point. Obama most likely has his repsonse planned for after the vote. Let's hope it's big enough Putin blinks like he did in Georgia and pulls back.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #18
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Chickenhawks unite. Hey Barry what did your hero dubya do when they went into Georgia?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #19
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's critical to the world countries don't feel they can invade other countries. It could lead to a long war in the Ukraine as they fight Russian occupation. It destablizes the whole region and could lead to unforseen consequences.

I don't think America should attack that would be crazy at this point. Obama most likely has his repsonse planned for after the vote. Let's hope it's big enough Putin blinks like he did in Georgia and pulls back.
Troops are still in Georgia
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #20
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Sure, compared to moron liberals, anybody would. At least I don't feel compelled to defend anything and everything a political party says or does. Nor do I stupidly pretend people aren't losing their insurance or having their premiums raised like democrats have tried to do. In the liberal's little mind, the inconvenience of facts that get in the way of your utopian everybody has and does the same world, are bashed aside and pretend they aren't happening. But that's only been happening the past 40 years by the mostly controlled liberal media. You bozos remind me of Bagdad Bob. Someday you guys will grow up and be able to think for yourselves, but that takes overcoming how easily it was to indoctrinate you, which would be difficult, but some manage. But from your past posts, good luck with that happening for you
Right, that's why every one of your posts is rabidly anti Liberal....endlessly repeating yourself like a Fox partisan parrot.

Squawk!! Liberals be bad!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #21
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Chickenhawks unite. Hey Barry what did your hero dubya do when they went into Georgia?
Not a damn thing, he passed Russia on to the next guy.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Which is why Europe and the Baltic states especially, should be on the forefront of this response.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Which is why Europe and the Baltic states especially, should be on the forefront of this response.
I think things work out best when America leads. Also almost impossible for NATO countries to get involved and for America to stay out.

Even in Libya we helped France and that was a hands off type policy for Obama.

It's true Bush didn't do anything about Georgia but he had only 3 1/2 - 4 months left. Leaving it for Obama and the UN to handle through France mediating was the right move at the time.

Right now though the stakes are higher and Obama is the man. He still has plenty of time to deal with Russia and Putin rather then to keep rolling over for him

Stop blaming Bush and let's hope Obummer has a good plan, if any plan. Most of his plans are just rhetoric when it comes to things like this.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Troops are still in Georgia
Russia had peackeeping troops there even before the fighting. Also don't forget Georgia attacked seperatists in S Osseitta to start the conflict.

Also Bush only had 4 months left in office. If anything Georgia was Obamas mess to clean up because he had the time, the power.

At that time the liberals had neutered Bush and he was done having enough power to take on Putin.

For christs sake the man was 16 weeks from leaving office. It takes longer then that to tangle with the Soviets.