The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #101
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Mass Effect Risk.

Boom.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #102
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Chess isn't. It's kind of Broken. You can do some things to alter it, like randomize the back row, etc. but most Chess masters agree as a game it's dated and lacks variance. The openings are all memorized and once the center is controlled Black either concedes early or turtles for a stalemate. Objectively speaking, it's not that awesome.

Once again, just because a game is old and famous doesn't mean it is actually good.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't know what it really means to be broken. Is it like Tic-Tac-Toe, or Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl? I'm not a chess player. It seems like AI could have beaten humans much earlier, or humans could beat AI now if the game was broken.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #103
David Wooderson
All That

'Sup, b?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
David Wooderson, what is your favorite game? You should add to the Dice Tower network on You Tube. You'd probably have a lot to contribute.
It's hard to pick just one favorite overall, but I have favorites in each category.

Small World is my favorite game about taking over the world. I love all the endless combinations of army units.

Small World is inhabited by a zany cast of characters such as dwarves, wizards, amazons, giants, orcs, skeletons, spiderines, ghouls, ratmen, trolls, tritans, sorcerers, halflings, and even humans. Picking the right combination from the 14 different fantasy races and 20 unique special powers(stout, dragon master, commando, berserk, wealthy, mounted, seafaring, diplomatic, alchemist, bivouacking, fortified, merchant, spirit, heroic, underworld, flying, pillaging, forest, hill, and swamp) players rush to expand their empires - often at the expense of weaker neighbors. Yet they must also know when to push their own over-extended civilization into decline and ride a new one to victory. No race or power stands alone. In Small World, itís the combination of race and powers that makes for the best strategy at each point in the game. For example, Commando Amazons creates an offensive juggernaut, while Fortified Trolls merges the two into a defensive powerhouse. Berserk Skeletons will scare up a lot of territory; Heroic Skeletons not so much. Even Dragon Master Dwarves can work, though Merchant Dwarves, with their whopping five tokens, falls flat in any situation. Expansions add more races and special powers. New races include gypsies, priestesses, ghostly white ladies, kobolds, goblins, barbarians, homunculi, leprechauns, pixies & pygmies. New powers include historian, peace-loving, cursed, hordes of, marauding, ransacking, Were-, barricade, catapult, corrupt, imperial & mercenary.

David Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #104
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Small World. It has a paleontologist feel to it, like as the race goes into remission or whatever and the new ones come. Very evolutionary feel.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #105
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
My son and I have been getting into Settlers of Catan. Of course, he's recently earned Minecraft for having good grades, and so every waking moment is spent either there or on the Minecraft wiki. I have to say, Minecraft has been an excellent way to introduce a 7 year old to the glory of the internet. He spends hours on that wiki studying minecraft recipes and watching youtube minecraft tutorials.
Settlers of Catan is an awesome game. Would recommend to anyone.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #106
David Wooderson
All That

'Sup, b?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

I have a new favorite game. Just finished playing Through the Ages. I've played it a few times over the years, but really got into an epic game last night. The first time I played like 6 years ago. I developed fast food restaurants right after my civilization got wiped out. Needless to say, it didn't pay off to have fast food chains for one guy. Last night, the weakest civilization led by William Shakespeare was committing terrorist acts. It was great! Except that he destroyed my movie theater! Anyway, the simple game lasts 2 hours. It just goes through Antiquity and Middles Ages. The advanced game last about 4 hours and goes through the Age of Exploration. The full game lasts 6 to 10 hours and goes through the Modern Ages. You don't have to play it in one sitting. Sure there's a winner, but it's cool to look at everybody's civilizations at the end of the game. A close 2nd is almost as good. Your people were happy, your military was strong, your technology was advance, your resource production was up, and so on. You did good. Talk about the cool things that happened like the time when you assassinated Christopher Columbus before he could discover new territory. Or that one time when you sabotaged the Eiffel Tower before they could get it built. Lead a powerful air force with Napoleon! So many possibilities, combinations, and replayability.
David Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #107
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Just tried this one out recently:

Cornish Smuggler
http://www.grublin.com/cornish-smuggler/main

There is a lot to explain to first time players, but once everyone is up to speed, the game runs very smoothly and escalates quickly. Fun game. I highly recommend it.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #108
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wooderson View Post
I have a new favorite game. Just finished playing Through the Ages. I've played it a few times over the years, but really got into an epic game last night. The first time I played like 6 years ago. I developed fast food restaurants right after my civilization got wiped out. Needless to say, it didn't pay off to have fast food chains for one guy. Last night, the weakest civilization led by William Shakespeare was committing terrorist acts. It was great! Except that he destroyed my movie theater! Anyway, the simple game lasts 2 hours. It just goes through Antiquity and Middles Ages. The advanced game last about 4 hours and goes through the Age of Exploration. The full game lasts 6 to 10 hours and goes through the Modern Ages. You don't have to play it in one sitting. Sure there's a winner, but it's cool to look at everybody's civilizations at the end of the game. A close 2nd is almost as good. Your people were happy, your military was strong, your technology was advance, your resource production was up, and so on. You did good. Talk about the cool things that happened like the time when you assassinated Christopher Columbus before he could discover new territory. Or that one time when you sabotaged the Eiffel Tower before they could get it built. Lead a powerful air force with Napoleon! So many possibilities, combinations, and replayability.
Yeah a lot of board games fans seem to enjoy through the ages.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote