The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hawks will be very tough until Wilson demands 20 million a yr. Think about how much cap room we would have with Manning making about 6-7 mil a yr instead of 18.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #27
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Hawks will be very tough until Wilson demands 20 million a yr. Think about how much cap room we would have with Manning making about 6-7 mil a yr instead of 18.
I love Wilson, but I do not foresee him getting 20 mil a year. Then again, Jerry Jones paid Romo all that damn money so anything is possible.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #28
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
There were 13 teams (6 playoff) that tried to call ware and were interested. That many for Allen? Ware would've been snatched up real quick if it wasn't broncos.
Good call. I think you can learn a lot by looking at how many teams are after a guy, and which ones. Remember how many teams were after Manning's jock? More than anything that gave me confidence that he was going to be just fine. NFL teams aren't stupid. Well, except for the Raiders.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I love Wilson, but I do not foresee him getting 20 mil a year. Then again, Jerry Jones paid Romo all that damn money so anything is possible.
He has to get more than Flacco got, doesn't he? I know he will be watching the Kaepernick negotiations very closely. He'll expect to equal or better Kaep's deal (rumored to be somewhere in the $17-18M range). Wilson has already won a ring, with more possibly on the way.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #30
kent156
King of the Ants

I don't see the seahawks going back to the superbowl their whole thing was a team with a bunch of players nobody wanted so they won it all what's the motivation this year?
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #31
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With Richard Sherman's obsession with telling everyone he is the best CB in football one would image he will want to be the highest paid to validate this.

So he will want 13 million next year. He is getting 1.4 this year.

Earl Thomas will want 7-8 Million next year.

Wilson is not a free agent until 2016 but can't be happy playing for $816,000 this year.

So 41 million for these three?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #32
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
I don't see the seahawks going back to the superbowl their whole thing was a team with a bunch of players nobody wanted so they won it all what's the motivation this year?
I hope your right about this. But if we make it back to the SB next year, I personally hope it's not them across the field from us.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #33
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
With Richard Sherman's obsession with telling everyone he is the best CB in football one would image he will want to be the highest paid to validate this.

Wilson is not a free agent until 2016 but can't be happy playing for $816,000 this year.

That's really the biggest reason they're where they're at atm. This has been their window and they've jumped on it. We're a bit similar with ours but not to their extent because of the salary a QB commands. Next year a lot of core players are up for FA.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #34
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
That's the other reason to make a play. The Seahawks really haven't lost anything from their Championship team and they still have a draft coming.

Browner was basically gone all year. Their only real losses were Red Bryant, Chris Clemens and Golden Tate. None of which are going to be game breaking, especially if they get Allen.

Getting Allen and dumping our TE's makes us stronger and hurts a chief rival for the Super Bowl. O is not our problem. We can just draft depth. Don't forget we have Virgil Green on this team too.
They lost some good players, Thurmond, Browner, Tate, Clemons, Bryant were all big contributors for them.

Not to mention, they have to have salary cap saved up for Thomas, Sherman and Wilson. I could definitely see Marshawn Lynch possibly getting released after this season if they believe in Turbin/Cristine Michael enough. Add in possibly letting Harvin go if he can't stay healthy, then yeah.
Not to mention Chancellor needing a pay raise, Bobby Wagner. Yeah.

They aren't going to be in salary cap hell, just they will have to let a couple of those guys go.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #35
Shattuck
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Meh, I think we were better than Seattle going in to the SB and have improved much more than they have. The game itself was just Jurassic Park from the coin toss.

I think last year was Seattle's dream season and they don't reach the Super Bowl again for a long time. Just like I was this year, I'd still be more worried about teams like the Chargers, Patriots, and Niners.

"I think we we were better than Seattle going into the Super Bowl."
not only were they not better it wasn't even close. In all fairness the Broncos upgraded a lot but I'm not sure if it was enough. They have a hall of fame quarterback but his skills are diminishing fast it will be interesting to see what he brings this year.
Shattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #36
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
He has to get more than Flacco got, doesn't he? I know he will be watching the Kaepernick negotiations very closely. He'll expect to equal or better Kaep's deal (rumored to be somewhere in the $17-18M range). Wilson has already won a ring, with more possibly on the way.
17-19 is what Kaep wants. I do not see how in the hell he will get it from the Niners.
13-16 is likely what he will get. Wilson to me is a better QB than Flacco for sure. But I don't know that he will get the type of contract that will kill the Hawks cap like 20 mil.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #37
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
DAMN! How many pass rushers does Seattle have?!?
They've actually lost 3 integral players of that line from last year in Bryant, McDonald and Clemons along with 13 sacks. Allen would be their first incoming DL player. Bennett and Avril technically played from the bench last year behind Bryant and Clemons. All played an equal amount of snaps between 450-600 or so.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattuck View Post
"I think we we were better than Seattle going into the Super Bowl."
not only were they not better it wasn't even close. In all fairness the Broncos upgraded a lot but I'm not sure if it was enough. They have a hall of fame quarterback but his skills are diminishing fast it will be interesting to see what he brings this year.
If we were healthy the game would've been different, not saying we would have won. Manning covered up some ****ty offensive line play. 55 touchdowns, not sure how his skills are diminishing? Not sure Clady being healthy is enough to fix our line?
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #39
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinkas View Post
If we were healthy the game would've been different, not saying we would have won. Manning covered up some ****ty offensive line play. 55 touchdowns, not sure how his skills are diminishing? Not sure Clady being healthy is enough to fix our line?
Him, and that guard from Ucla who idk how the **** to say his name, hopefully will. I hope we get him if Mosley is off the board. Not sure our line really needs too much fixing, did fine last year except for the Super Bowl.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #40
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I think Manning getting the ball out in 2 seconds made the line look fine all year.
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #41
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
I think Manning getting the ball out in 2 seconds made the line look fine all year.
Yes. How we did against the #1 defense should be our benchmark. And, we did VERY poorly. Nobody tested that line more than Seattle...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Yes. How we did against the #1 defense should be our benchmark. And, we did VERY poorly. Nobody tested that line more than Seattle...
Yup, the OL got exposed by Seattle and was perhaps the biggest reason we lost. Other than maybe pass rush I've been saying since before FA started that it was the biggest area on the team that needed to be addressed. I'm a little concerned that they haven't done anything. A healthy Clady helps, of course.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #43
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I honestly don't think it would have mattered. Denver was still more talented.

I think the Seahawks were just playing at a totally different intensity.

Just like in the preseason and we mocked Seattle for it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #44
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, the OL got exposed by Seattle and was perhaps the biggest reason we lost. Other than maybe pass rush I've been saying since before FA started that it was the biggest area on the team that needed to be addressed. I'm a little concerned that they haven't done anything. A healthy Clady helps, of course.
A healthy Clady and hopefully a new bruiser at guard who is better or just as good as beadles. That's all that's changing. Ramirez, Vasquez and Franklin aren't losing their spots, unless they do end up moving franklin to left guard and Clark to tackle. I personally, don't want that to happen, though.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #45
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Yep, had Denver come out and put together a decent drive I think the whole game is different. That first snap just poured gas on the emotional energy and they rode it all game.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #46
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Losing Beadles helps. If we can snag a OG early in the draft we will be fine.
We need either a mauler at C or OG. I think we will get at least one in the draft.
Clady being back will help as well and if he goes down again(knock on wood) then we know Clark is good enough to help bridge the gap.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #47
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I totally agree. Just read Mincey's statement...they were lackadaisical!

I have tremendous respect for Champ....but soft spoken leaders like Champ....and smiley faced leaders like Woodyard...don't cut the mustard.

We need some mean/nasty leadership. How I wish we would have had Brian Dawkins or Al Wilson on last year's squad!

And, I still think we need that guy in the middle! We need a defensive captain who gets people up for the games...ala Rey Lewis!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #48
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Earl Thomas deserves to be the highest paid safety in the league.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #49
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Earl Thomas deserves to be the highest paid safety in the league.
Yeah, I forgot Byrd got 9 million. Thomas should be looking at 10 million.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #50
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I honestly don't think Allen gives you anything more then what Phillips gave us last year. Average run stopper, still slightly better then average rusher. I would take Phillips at 1M per year over Allen at 6M per year. I of course would rather have who we got, Ware. I think we did overpay just a tad for Ware but not really. The way we structured those, these guys get paid early for performance. If it's 2 or 3 years from now and they are cooked, we get out clean.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote