The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #76
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Rep used to be anonymous. Then one day, Taco John made it available for everybody to see retroactively. So much butthurt in one thread. -Slap- and Broncoman13 go at it. Pezman was exposed as a pathological neg repper.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9712
I still get the occassional flyby neg rep from Tailgatenut... he went over the edge during the Tebow years but he still manages to swing by to read some posts and neg rep a few of the posters he really doesn't like. Which I appear to be one of them. But I really try not to get into pissing contests here on the mane, I've been around too long and seen too many of these things go from funny, to stupid, to annoying, to frustrating and shameful. However, I have never once put any poster on iggy.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 AM   #77
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Mock vs reality

Fat Llama vs anyone not in the Fred Phelps family
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #78
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If I was TJ I'd delete the War, Religion and Political Forum as it serves absolutely no productive purposes other than getting posters into fights. Inevitably, that stuff spills over into this forum. I understand why TJ let's it ride, but I don't agree with it. If this was my site I'd delete the WRPF....
Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #79
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If I was TJ I'd delete the War, Religion and Political Forum as it serves absolutely no productive purposes other than getting posters into fights. Inevitably, that stuff spills over into this forum. I understand why TJ let's it ride, but I don't agree with it. If this was my site I'd delete the WRPF....
I think it's a smart call on TJ's part. There are always going to be things that happen in the world under the headings of war, religion and politics that posters are going to want to argue about (take Putin in Crimea, for example). The WRP keeps it out of the main forum. Besides, even the posters who say we should get rid of it occasionally drop in over there to share their expertise.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #80
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think it's a smart call on TJ's part. There are always going to be things that happen in the world under the headings of war, religion and politics that posters are going to want to argue about (take Putin in Crimea, for example). The WRP keeps it out of the main forum. Besides, even the posters who say we should get rid of it occasionally drop in over there to share their expertise.
I understand why it's there but I think people lose the ability to communcate in a civil manner and then grudges and such are held and then it spills over to this forum. I'd just have a policy (like some bars/pubs on the East Coast and in big cities) that you can talk about anything you want here on the Mane, especially in the offseason, except politics and religion. The thing is, you can't control if some poster is drinking or whatever while he/she is posting and the venom that spews from some posters is just way overboard.

But ultimately TJ needs traffic to generate advertising $ and the WRP thread does that so this is why I can't fault him for keeping it around.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #81
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I understand why it's there but I think people lose the ability to communcate in a civil manner and then grudges and such are held and then it spills over to this forum. I'd just have a policy (like some bars/pubs on the East Coast and in big cities) that you can talk about anything you want here on the Mane, especially in the offseason, except politics and religion. The thing is, you can't control if some poster is drinking or whatever while he/she is posting and the venom that spews from some posters is just way overboard.

But ultimately TJ needs traffic to generate advertising $ and the WRP thread does that so this is why I can't fault him for keeping it around.
What you're complaining about is an inevitable part of human interaction.

The problem is that we're all TOO connected. Before the internet was the omniscient machine that it is today, we all were challenged by diversity of thought and it forced our ideas and concepts and perspectives on life to evolve and grow. Now, even with the smallest niche thoughts, we can find millions of like minded individuals who support our own perspective and we start to feel like it's accepted and real simply because others are willing to buy into it.

That's dangerous. We should be challenged by as many different school's of thought as possible in the same competitive and efficient framework that makes free market so effective.

That's just my two cents. I stay the eff out of the WRP forum, though. I think you're all nuts.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #82
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

GonzoLays?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #83
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I would absolutely love to see a Rev vs. Slap fight. I would actually pay $20 to see a 20+ page thread of those 2 going at it. It's be like the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather of message board fights.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #84
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

I think the forum just reflects the very polarized society we have become. Hell, the two parties in our government don't even talk to each other anymore. When I was young they used to fight all day and then go out for dinner together at night. Now they refuse to even meet to discuss differences. How long this will last? I don't know.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #85
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Is that a poster, or do u mean just arguments in general about mcdaniels? BTW, Murphy Texas? Where is that? Fellow Texan, thought I knew everything but never heard of it.
everytime mcdaniels is brought up, the mane splits in two.

its a new small town east of plano and just south of parker.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #86
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
everytime mcdaniels is brought up, the mane splits in two.

its a new small town east of plano and just south of parker.
There have always been fights on here. Before McDaniels there were the Cutler over Plummer fights, the Griese fights, the "Fire Shanahan" fights, the Plummer over Bubby fights, and probably more that I can't remember. The Tebow Era was probably the worse, though. But that's because of all the Tebow psychos that suddenly showed up.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #87
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Rep used to be anonymous. Then one day, Taco John made it available for everybody to see retroactively. So much butthurt in one thread. -Slap- and Broncoman13 go at it. Pezman was exposed as a pathological neg repper.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9712
I didn't have to read very far, into that thread, to be amused. Here's classic Watermock, to give those people who were never blessed with his presence an idea of his quick wit...

This is so amusing.

Welcome to the Patriot Act.

Up yours Pezman.
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #88
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I didn't have to read very far, into that thread, to be amused. Here's classic Watermock, to give those people who were never blessed with his presence an idea of his quick wit...

This is so amusing.

Welcome to the Patriot Act.

Up yours Pezman.
I still miss Watermock. He's the reason I signed on here and stayed. One of the funniest people I've ever read or talked to. A totally unique character.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #89
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There have always been fights on here. Before McDaniels there were the Cutler over Plummer fights, the Griese fights, the "Fire Shanahan" fights, the Plummer over Bubby fights, and probably more that I can't remember. The Tebow Era was probably the worse, though. But that's because of all the Tebow psychos that suddenly showed up.
2010 was a wonderful year for those who liked fights. I remember I use to go toe to toe with anyone that would say anything halfway favorable about McDip****.

My ex was the only one that could raise the hair on the back of my neck like he could.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #90
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

I like the WRP forum. However, i can't stand some of the people in there. I feel all they do is try to bait folks into a an argument. Some of the stuff they say in that forum, they will never dare say in any other public forum because they know they will get the crap kicked out of them.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #91
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DenverDUI vs. Rev. and IP addresses
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #92
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
I like the WRP forum. However, i can't stand some of the people in there. I feel all they do is try to bait folks into a an argument. Some of the stuff they say in that forum, they will never dare say in any other public forum because they know they will get the crap kicked out of them.
Ah, yes. The WRP forum was fun. I no longer go there, on a regular basis. When I did, I was treated to L.A. Broncos Fan vs. any conservative, Spider vs. any conservative, and AngryLlama vs. any liberal...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #93
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Battle of the Chefs...duh
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #94
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy47 View Post
Rev and Med are the senior jocks, while we are just wide-eyed Freshman. Yep, reminds me of High School. Lol
Wrong. Med is the football guru, does actual research to support his knowledge. And no, most of us are not wide eyed freshman.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #95
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I would absolutely love to see a Rev vs. Slap fight. I would actually pay $20 to see a 20+ page thread of those 2 going at it. It's be like the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather of message board fights.
My money would be on Slap.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #96
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

I vote for W*GS vs MHGAFFNEY. Epic poisonous vitriol. Two sides of the same coin, like Dr. Evil vs Austin Powers.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #97
dictionary
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

OM vs the calm cool calculus of reason.
dictionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 AM   #98
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Wrong. Med is the football guru, does actual research to support his knowledge. And no, most of us are not wide eyed freshman.
Well Rev knows more than anyone. If you don't believe me just ask him.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #99
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Bob vs vagina.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #100
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
I vote for W*GS vs MHGAFFNEY. Epic poisonous vitriol. Two sides of the same coin, like Dr. Evil vs Austin Powers.
W*gs vs labf was good until labf won and turned w*gs into his little minion.