The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2014, 04:46 AM   #1
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Jimmy Graham for two late #1's anyone?

If you want to argue compensation fine, but to argue that we already have a TE I think is silly. Just look at how dominant the 2011 Patriots were... Between Gronk and Hernandez the two put up 169 Rec., 1950 yds and 24 TDS that year, not mention the Pats went to the Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygraha...36/careerstats

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-exclusive-tag

This is how a Receiver is suppose to go up and get the ball at its highest point. And could you imagine Graham knocking around Sherman and the bigger corners while Wes cuts across the middle. And who are we really going to get at #31 and #32 the next couple drafts. Could anyone really make an argument that those two players would out produce a 27 yr old Jimmy Graham?? Not to mention, he would give this team a new identity( after SB meltdown) and Peyton a new drive/ focus with all the new packages being implemented.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-04-2014 at 04:58 AM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Actually Seattle shut graham down. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be scary in Denver but it's just not feasiblE IMO.

But for any team without a good TE, that also doesn't have a true number 1 WR, I think he is worth 2 first round picks and 10 mil a yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:57 AM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Letz trade 4 all da gais!!11!!!11
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #4
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Letz trade 4 all da gais!!11!!!11
Go back to the Uniform rumor thread you dick. You have nothing orignal to say,,ever
Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #5
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Go back to the Uniform rumor thread you dick. You have nothing orignal to say,,ever
Right back at ya, sunshine.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Actually Seattle shut graham down. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be scary in Denver but it's just not feasiblE IMO.

But for any team without a good TE, that also doesn't have a true number 1 WR, I think he is worth 2 first round picks and 10 mil a yr.
The big difference with us and say the Lions is that we'll be losing two LATE 1st rounders as opposed to losing two mid to early ones. I dont think you can trade 2 top 20 picks.

Just imagine all the 1 on 1's DT would get down the sideline with Graham commanding 2-3 defenders over the middle.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-04-2014 at 06:56 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 05:11 AM   #7
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

It's true our offense really can't compare to the 2011 Patriots championship team...we should invest heavily in another passing target.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You can give two firsts at any point if you have a lot of young players on your team which gives you cap flexibility, and the player is a bonafide top end stud of the NFL.

This means the best at his position in the NFL and comparable to the best players to ever play that spot.

I think right now at TE, only Graham would be in that category. But like I said a team like detroit, with Megatron, IMO doesn't need to do it. For the lions they would be better off to just like for good nfl players to fill the number 2, the number 3, the TE spot etc.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:14 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos biggest problem is being nasty on defense, and a little soft inside on the oline.

They need an inside linebacker, a DE that can rush the passer, Miller healthy, and a couple dbacks.

They just can't focus on things like TE lol. It's just so silly it's hard to take it seriously.

Not to mention we need young players to keep cap under control. Losing low first rounders not a good idea for Denver unless the guy was the best DE in football.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #10
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
It's true our offense really can't compare to the 2011 Patriots championship team...we should invest heavily in another passing target.
We're losing Decker and Wes is literally 1 concussion away from being done.. now you go. Oh, also, DT and JT are 1 year away from Free Agency. The point was a 2 TE set can be devastating to Defenses, but you ****ing pricks just read what you want to read
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

2 #1's for a TE? Uh no. It's time (it's been time for almost 14 years) for the Broncos to make the defense the spotlight of the team. Stop putting all the money and talent into the offense. It's truly been the downfall of the Broncos for those years. Broncos had the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and we know what happened (well, despite an inept coach). Defense does win Championships. Ask the 18-0 Patriots.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #12
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

no
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #13
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

They just can't focus on things like TE lol. It's just so silly it's hard to take it seriously.

How is it silly to think we should try to replace Decker's production? How is it silly to think we cant fill those holes youre talking about thru Free Agency like we did last year... DRC, Lennon, Phillips, Wes. Whats silly is people who dont realize that the NFL is changing.

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-04-2014 at 05:33 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #14
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
We're losing Decker and Wes is literally 1 concussion away from being done.. now you go. Oh, also, DT and JT are 1 year away from Free Agency. The point was a 2 TE set can be devastating to Defenses, but you ****ing pricks just read what you want to read
Easy man...they are just saying the problem with this team is the D...and in my opinion the run game on O. Mr Gaham will take away from these two areas. We will have too much money invested in the O and that would make our D even weaker.

When you make a thread about this, expect to get Ass raped a bit...all in good fun.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #16
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
2 #1's for a TE? Uh no. It's time (it's been time for almost 14 years) for the Broncos to make the defense the spotlight of the team. Stop putting all the money and talent into the offense. It's truly been the downfall of the Broncos for those years. Broncos had the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and we know what happened (well, despite an inept coach). Defense does win Championships. Ask the 18-0 Patriots.
HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M
Old 03-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #17
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #18
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You're so vein
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 AM   #19
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass
The cap will be 143M in 2015.. we're about 50M away from that and draft picks(especially late draft picks cost next to nothing). So tell me where we should invest the rest of that money?? Champ??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/03/nfl-n-...quarterback/2/

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-04-2014 at 05:58 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 06:00 AM   #20
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M
No, nothing about the offense is the key word, defense is, and that HAD was during the SB and it didn't do us a damn bit of good. WR's are a dime a dozen, you can pick up a decent one on any corner and a WR DOES NOT have to be taken in the first round or paid a ton of free agent money to be good and a contributor. Yes we need a RB. And I'm sure they will. It's because of the Broncos worrying about exactly the things you have posted, that we sit here 15 years from winning a SB.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #21
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

I would be fine with this. We have a better chance of making the best offense ever better and getting a decent defense than we do of building a nasty defense.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
How is it silly to think we should try to replace Decker's production? How is it silly to think we cant fill those holes youre talking about thru Free Agency like we did last year... DRC, Lennon, Phillips, Wes. Whats silly is people who dont realize that the NFL is changing.

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time
He's a great player I just don't think we can afford 2 first round picks, along with all the money to him.

I'd rather trade up for Sammy Watkins then sign Graham.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We can get a great young WR in the draft this yr. DT is a stud and so is Julious Thomas. Sign a vet WR like Emmanual Sanders or Hakeen Nicks if he is healthy.

Use the draft picks to grab young wr, pass rushers, dbacks, interior oline.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We had a problem giving manning room to step up, time to feel comfy throwing the ball. If anything the Broncos should go after a player like Alex Mack in FA (did he get tagged?) or whoever the best guard is.

Our oline could still use more physical play.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:10 AM   #25
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Someone needs to take ATL-Eric's thread starting privileges away.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote