The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #126
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

With the 126 pick the New Orleans Saints select Dri Archer, RB, Kent St.

4.26!
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #127
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Cleveland Browns, pick 127 -- Yawin Smallwood, ILB -- UConn.

Needed to daft doodle a draftee to play next to Dansby.

Eagles and Florida Bronco are up. Pick made 8:42 AM CST.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #128
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Eagles select Jon Halapio, G, Florida.

Pick made at 1:35pm EST
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #129
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Blah blah blah I'm late and terrible. My apologies.

The New York Giants select: Charles Sims, RB, West Virgina.

Writeup later.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #130
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

With their final pick in the draft, Miami goes back to the OL well and selects

Chris Watt, OG Notre Dame 6'3" 310lbs.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #131
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

With the 131st pick in the OM NFL Draft, the DEN Broncos select:

Max Bullough ILB 6034 249 Michigan State

Bullough ran the 40 in 4.76 and 4.70 seconds. He had a short shuttle time of 4.29 seconds and a three-cone time of 7.08 seconds. Bullough looked good in the drills, displaying a lot more athleticism and flexibility than his frame would suggest. To be 6'3 and 248 pounds and run that three-cone time is impressive.

• 2013 THIRD-TEAM ALL-AMERICAN (ASSOCIATED PRESS, LINDY'S)
• 2013 FIRST-TEAM ALL-BIG TEN (COACHES AND MEDIA)
• 2013 FIRST-TEAM ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICAN

Terrific football intelligence. Keys and diagnoses quickly, understands run fits and spills willingly. Physical -- good take-on/tackle strength between the tackles. Pursues hard. Good tackler when he's able to square up ball carriers. Two-year captain with outstanding football character. Leads vocally and by example. Football is in his blood and approaches the game accordingly.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:57 AM   #132
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seattle Seahawks select....

Aaron Lynch DE/OLB USF
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #133
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

A little pass rush help for the Motor City Kitties....

The Detroit Lions select:

James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech

STRENGTHS: Gayle lacks imposing size, but is strongly-built throughout his frame with the natural burst and quickness to explode off the edge with flexibility and raw power. He is balanced enough to dip under the reach of pass blockers and has functional flexibility, allowing him to turn the corner and close.

He has experience rushing out of the three-point and two-point stance, showing burst to cross the face of tackles from either role. Gayle locates the ball quickly and shows good effort laterally and downfield in pursuit. Has some experience dropping back into coverage, showing reasonable awareness and the ability to drive on the ball.

Excellent height-weight-speed ratio. Looks the part and has weight-room strength. Explosive athlete with rare leaping ability for his size. Good balance and edge burst and enough flexibility to turn the corner. Dogged in pursuit and ranges all over the field to make tackles. Fllattens and crashes down the line. Strong wrap tackler. Durable three-year starter. Has NFL bloodlines (uncle, Shaun, was a Pro Bowl safety for the Bears).

Weaknesses
Average eyes and instincts. Questionable football intelligence. Short on bulk and anchor strength to play with his hand in the dirt -- soft edge setter. Not equipped to shadow in man coverage and is unnatural playing in reverse. Limited scheme versatility. Could require short leash and extra reps.

Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5

Bottom Line
Explosive, high-motor see-and-go reactor whose calling card is his ability to pressure the edge.
Attached Images

JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #134
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

The Raiders Select
Anthony Johnson
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 308 lbs.

Anthony Johnson*, DT, LSU

40 Time: 5.24.

Projected Round (2014): 2-3.
3/22/14: Johnson totaled 35 tackles with nine tackles for a loss, three sacks and an interception in 2013. He wasn't as good as expected for most of the season. Johnson had a pressure and only two tackles against Alabama. He played better late in the year, but Johnson never produced up to his potential in college. At the Combine, he did well in the field drills. Sources have told WalterFootball.com that Johnson received a second-round grade.

Last edited by JCMElway; 04-04-2014 at 04:32 PM..
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #135
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

With their 4th round pick, Carolina selects WR/KR/PR - Bruce Ellington from the University of South Carolina.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Short but possesses a stout, athletic frame with broad shoulders and a thick lower half. Excellent quickness at the snap to avoid press coverage. Possesses the burst to put defenders on their heels, as well as very good lateral agility and a hesitation move that leaves corners guessing.
Good fluidity and balance as a route-runner. Best attribute is his body control and hand-eye coordination when the ball is in the air. Shows the ability to contort his body to adjust and possesses very natural hands and a surprisingly wide catch radius to extend and pluck. Can track over either shoulder, as well as turn back and time his leap well to out-jump taller, bigger defenders. Good vision, elusiveness and acceleration with the ball in his hands. Talented returner who shows no hesitancy in attacking holes.

Starting point guard for the Gamecocks over his first two seasons, averaging 11.4 points per game over his career. Cousin, Andre Ellington, impressed as a rookie running back in 2013 as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.

WEAKNESSES: Short. Wasn't asked to run a full route-tree with the Gamecocks and as such is a bit of a project in this regard. Relies on his burst and athleticism to get open and will freelance to do so, leaving his quarterback in the difficult position of having to predict when he'll make his breaks.

Extends his arms but doesn't block with passion despite his stout frame. Gets to top speed quickly but does not possess a second gear to break away. Basketball was clearly a priority for Ellington while at South Carolina and scouts will want to investigate how much he is committed to improving in football.

COMPARES TO: Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers - Ellington has a long way to go as a route-runner before he'll be confused with Cobb, one of the NFL's most dangerous receivers, but the short, thick frame, raw athleticism and versatility are there. Perhaps even better, each has shown a history of making the game-changing play.

--Rob Rang (1/8/14)

Last edited by bpc; 04-05-2014 at 10:41 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #136
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The Detroit Lions select

Tre Boston Safety UNC
Positives

Rangy player that can make up a lot of ground quickly. Physically, he has the ability to play as a single high safety in Cover 1 or Cover 3 defenses.
Statistics reaffirm the film in that he had very impressive passes defensed totals over his career.
Very good speed when covering long distances. His speed allows him to cover receivers and running backs if the defense is blitzing.
Standout short area burst helps him gain ground on nearby targets.
Accelerates quickly to run with receivers. This allows him to make a late break toward the receiver and still remain in good position to defense the pass.
Quick feet and average hip fluidity, he’s built more like a cornerback than a safety.
Good ball skills after he locates the ball in air. He tracks the ball effectively and fights to take the ball from the offensive player.
An effective tackler in space, using good fundamentals and controlled aggressiveness.
Finished tackles at an 85 percent rate for the entire 2013 season, which is at the top of the safety class.
Good at recognizing plays, which allows him to take his first step in the proper direction.
Has the ability to play man coverage at times. His physical abilities help his versatility.
He’s been durable for the last three seasons, only missing one game in 2011

Pick made 10:10 CST
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #137
Conklin
Ring of Famer

With the 137th Pick, the New York Jets are proud to welcome
Adrian Hubbard, OLB Alabama

• Tall build with uncommon length.
  • Quicker off the ball from a three- or four-point stance.
  • Flashes ability to hit a second gear as a rusher to threaten the edge.
  • Disruptive as a stunting rusher, handful with a head of steam.
  • Can deliver a strong punch and press the pocket with power rushes on occasion.
  • Long arms to make plays on the ball in coverage when he gets into passing lanes.
  • Utilizes height advantage to locate the ball quickly and holds gaps accordingly.
  • Can plant foot and drive into inside gaps to great effect.
  • Active with his hands, utilizes length by extending arms to control blockers.
  • Strong upper body to negate drive blocks and stack effectively at the line of scrimmage.
  • Skilled at setting a hard edge by keeping outside shoulder free and pinching down from outside.
  • Faster than expected in open-field pursuit.
  • Technically sound tackler who wraps up backs consistently.
  • Played faster and far more effective in a simpler role as a sophomore.

Pick made at 9:50 MNT Time. BMORE is now on the clock
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #138
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Baltimore Ravens select:

Trai Turner G LSU
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #139
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

The Atlanta Falcons select:

Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida

Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:01 AM   #140
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

With the 140th pick in the 2014 Orangemane Mock Draft:

The New England Patriots select:

Christian Kirksey, OLB, Iowa

Kirksey is a speedy linebacker that not only has the potential to develop into a three down linebacker, but has the skill-set to be an impact special teams player immediately in the NFL. Kirksey can provide depth at all three LB positions. He’s got great speed and the athleticism to match up in coverage with receivers, tight ends, and running backs. His intangibles are through the roof and the Patriots immediately become more deeper, more versatile, and much more athletic at the Linebacker position.

Kirksey becomes the Patriots 2nd Hawkeye's selection in a row and joins his former team-mate CJF on the roster.

Selection was made at 6-02am (ET) -- Carolina and BPC are officially "On The Clock."
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #141
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

With the 1st pick in the 5thround, The Carolina Panthers select HB, Doak Walker winner, freight train, Andre Williams from Boston College.

STRENGTHS: Williams is thickly-built with terrific balance to pick up yards after contact, lowering his pads and driving forward for every yard he can gain. Shows good build up speed and enough quickness to pick his way through the crowd.

WEAKNESSES: A bit of a slow starter and needs a few steps to get going. Williams needs to improve his reliability in pass protection and is unproven as a pass-catcher (zero receptions in 2013), but his production and grind-it-out determination is impressive.

--Dane Brugler

Side note : Andre Williams measured in at one of the heavier weights at HB, 6'1", 230lbs, yet tested top 5 in most combine drills. Especially impressive was his 38" vertical jump and his 10'11" broad jump. These show off explosiveness which is confirmed when you want him film and see him run through tackle after tackle.

Earl Campbell gave him the nickname "Little Earl" at the Heisman awards ceremony due to his battering ram running style. Others have said he could be a poor man's version of Adrian Peterson on the next level. Williams has very good feet and vision moving behind his blockers, exhibits an upright running style but knows when to get underneath his pads and explode through ball carriers. His stiff arm is easily the best coming out this year at the HB position often putting defenders on their back. AW also has the longest arms measured at the combine by HB players. Like Adrian Peterson coming out of school, Andre is not known for catching the ball. AP had 10 catches his final year at OU, Andre had 0! The difference is Williams ran for over 2000 yards and 20 TD's and when you are doing that, you don't really need to throw to the HB as the defense is loading 8 in the box and opening up pass plays down field. I believe Williams has good enough hands to catch 15-20 balls a season at the next level.

Pick was made at 5:25am pst

Last edited by bpc; 04-05-2014 at 10:17 AM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #142
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

With the 142nd pick in the 2014 NFL Mock Draft the San Francisco 49ers proudly select: Russell Bodine OC/OG North Carolina

I am very pleased to grab Bodine after not getting Martin (Thanks JCM and DB4L). I wanted to grab a guy that I felt could come in and create competition at the interior positions for the 49ers. Bodine is a strong bull in the middle and I believe fits well with the power run game.

2010: Fork Union Military Academy 2011: Appeared in nine games with two starts at OC.2012: Started all 12 games at OC. 2013: Started all 12 games at both OC and OG. Strong combination of overall measureables and estimated top-end speed for the position. Durability does not appear to be an issue as he has suffered no significant injuries throughout his career that we are aware of. Pronounced: "BO-dine". Smart and learns well. Strong work ethic. No red flags. Comes from a supportive home. Son of Gail and Brian Bodine. Majoring in communication studies.

MY FAVORITE PART: Tough and flashes a nasty side. Constantly mixing it up. Looks to finish and clean up piles at the end of plays. Must learn to harness aggression and decipher between finishing and unnecessary actions.

Pick was made at 10:07 am Central Time Zone (Sorry on not getting it in a bit earlier...I got slammed last night) Tampa Bay and Traveler is now on the clock!
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #143
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

With the 143 pick in the OM Mock Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Preston Brown, ILB, Louisville, 6'-1", 251 lbs.

Overview

2013: Second-team All-AAC. Led team with 98 tackles. Returned fumble 48 yards for TD vs. Memphis. 2012: Second-team All-Big East. Started all 13 games. Six double-digit tackle performances. Had 17 tackles vs. USF. 13 tackles, INT vs. Cincinnati. 13 tackles in Sugar Bowl win over Florida. 2011: Played in 13 games, started 11. Had 12 tackles vs. Murray State. 2010: Appeared in all 13 games at linebacker and on special teams. High School: First team All-District in Ohio.

Analysis

Strengths
Outstanding size. Physical tackler. Steps downhilll and attacks the run with the proper shoulder. Good eyes and instincts. Delivers some pop on contact and strikes with force. Experienced three-year starter. Good football intelligence -- makes the calls and lines up a defense.

Weaknesses
Shows some tightness in his movement. Struggles to carry backs and match up with athletic tight ends in man coverage. Limited depth in coverage drops -- is best in small areas. Average coverage instincts. Requires some motivation.

Draft Projection Rounds 3-4

Bottom Line

Aggressive, high-collision 'Mike' linebacker best paired with a demanding position coach who will extract the most from him. -Nolan Nawrocki

Pick made at 12:35 pm EST

Last edited by Traveler; 04-05-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #144
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Coloradobuff and the Jags select:

Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Writeup to follow.

San Fran is OTC
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #145
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

WITH THE 145TH SELECTION IN THE NFL DRAFT,
THE CINCINNATI BENGALS SELECT:

LB TREVOR REILLY, UTAH

"Some see me as a 4-3 outside linebacker, (or) 3-4 outside.
If I gained weight, I think I could play defensive end.
My last game of the season, I played inside linebacker.
I think it's just going to come down to, if a team likes me,
they're going to find whatever position they want me to play at".

REILLY ON HIS AGE:

"The question came up at the NFL combine about the age. I always told them my age is 26, but I didn't play football for three years, so my body's only 23. I think some of them saw that as an advantage mentally. I'm married, I've got two kids and I don't drink. I'm not saying I'm better than other guys – I'm just saying I've got other things going on. For fun, I like to go play golf, go to movies. I don't go into the clubs and go into bars. It's just not high on my list. It's not even on my list. If teams have issues with guys that are into that stuff, that's one thing they don't have to worry about with me."

REILLY ON PLAYING WITH A TORN ACL AND CURRENT KNEE STATUS:

"I tore my ACL in April before my junior season. It was a full tear, but it was either get surgery and not play or just play on it, so I said, 'What the heck?' and played. I didn't practice a whole lot, especially later on in the season. I had a knee brace, so I was able to at least move around a little bit. I lost a step from the previous year. After that, I had surgery, and I was back in eight or nine months for my senior year. There was no major problems — I just had some scar tissue buildup and my meniscus needed to be cleaned up, but it didn't hurt during the season that much.

After this past season, it was a little sore and they decided to go in with a scope and clean it up and it feels great."

"They say the difference between my right knee and my left knee is about one millimeter, which is pretty good, as good as it's going to be," he said at the Combine. "The ACL (torn in 2012) looks good, the meniscus is still there. I never missed a game for it."

OPINIONS ON REILLY:

Coverage

"Reilly’s athleticism and length make him a uniquely skilled player for playing coverage. He really drops into coverage well and looks extremely natural and fluid. In many ways, Reilly looks like a basketball player playing defense with how comfortable he is moving around the field. He is able to either drop straight back with an effective backpedal or he can turn and slide while keeping his head in the backfield on the quarterback. When he slides, he is able to keep his head on a swivel and keep an eye on potential receiving threats while seeing the quarterback. He does a nice job in zone but can run and stay with opponents in man to man coverage. His size and athleticism make him somewhat of a unique player in what he could potentially do in matching up against giant tight ends in the NFL".

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/12/...ly-deolb-utah/

Pass Rushing

When rushing the quarterback out of a three point stance, Reilly shows good burst, as well as the flexibility to dip under the reach of the left tackle and turn the corner. He is very light on his feet, showing good body control to dip back inside on a counter move. Reilly's balance and flexibility were put to the test in this game but he showed the ability to handle cut blocks as well as keep his feet when pursuing down the line.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-losing-effort

Run Defense

"Very solidly built frame. Good functional playing strength to beat blocks and defend the run. Locates the ball quickly and is around it a lot. Crashes the line hard and plays with energy. Flashes shock in his punch. Fine arm-under move to come underneath blockers and work the edges. Can control and disrupt tight ends. Takes good angles. Solid tackler. Ultra-tough, mentally and physically (played through ACL injury as a junior). Extremely competitive. Very good football intelligence -- can line up a defense. Versatile -- has played every LB position and can interchange with ease. Team Captain. Respected tone-setter. Outstanding work ethic. Identifies with the game. "

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lly?id=2543676

STATS:

2010: 18 Tackles, 6 Stuffs, 2 Sacks, 1 Pass Defended, 1 Blocked Kick
2011: 47 Tackles, 8 Stuffs, 5 Sacks, 2 Passes Defended, 2 Forced Fumbles.
2012: 69 Tackles, 7 Stuffs, 5 Sacks, 1 Interception, 4 Passes Defended, 3 Forced Fumbles.
2013: 100 Tackles, 17 Stuffs, 9 Sacks, 1 Interception, 2 Passes Defended, 1 Forced Fumble.

COMBINE/PRO DAY:

Size: 6'4, 245
40 Yard Dash: 4.66
Vertical: 30.5
Broad: 9'9
Reps: 26

HOW REILLY FITS WITH THE BENGALS:

This was a pure luxury selection of taking the best available player on our board that we thought was a massive steal. The Bengals had him ranked #69 Overall as a high 3rd round value. We are very pleased to get a player of this value in the 5th Round. He's a versatile player and we'll probably put him at SAM LB and simply cut Rey Maualuga because he sucks. A LB grouping of Shazier, Burfict, and Reilly could potentially be the best in the NFL. Reilly gives us a lot of flexibility with blitzing off the edge or even moving down to DE at times on passing downs. Vincent Rey continues to be fine depth.

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 04-05-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #146
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

With the 146th pick in the 2014 Orangemane Mock Draft

The Seattle Seahawks select......

Morgan Breslin, OLB USC
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #147
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Via PM Atlanta selects:

Jordan Zumwalt, LB, UCLA
Old 04-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #148
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default With their 5th round pick the Vikings Select...

Dontae Johnson, CB, North Carolina St.

6'2 1/8 198# 4.45 40 yard dash....38.5" vert, 10'4" broad...

Explosive athlete that can play CB or FS....I see him more at CB. Pair him with Xavier Rhodes and you have 2 6'2 + corners.
Attached Images

Last edited by jebures; 04-05-2014 at 07:04 PM..
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #149
Conklin
Ring of Famer

The New York Jets select Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern.

Write up coming later, I'm driving down the freeway.

Key Combine Stats:

4.41 - 40 Yard Dash 2nd fastest RB
32 - Reps on the bench, 1st among RB's and 8 more than 2nd place
40.5in - Vertical, second best RB
11' - Broad Jump, second best RB
6.83 - 3 cone, 3rd best RB
4.12 - 20 yard shuttle, 4th best RB

Jerick played option QB in college so this is a position change for him in the pros, but he has the physical attributes to be a great RB and hopefully with his QB background, he should be able to pick up an offense quickly.

McKinnon was used in a variety of roles at GSU, starring at quarterback, slotback, fullback, defensive back and kick returner over his career. Used primarily as an option quarterback for the Eagles, he rushed for 3,899 yards and 42 touchdowns over his collegiate career and fared well against FBS competition, including running for 109 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia in 2012 and another 125 yards and the game-winning touchdown as a slotback to shock Florida last year.

Pick made at 10:05 PM MNT Time. Coloradobuff is now on the clock

Last edited by Conklin; 04-05-2014 at 09:51 PM..
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #150
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Brock Vereen, S, Minnesota

6'0
199LBS

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...een?id=2543820

OVERVIEW
Played in every game his final 3 seasons, starting 32. Played both safety and CB during career, playing both as senior in 2013. 2013: First-team All-Big Ten. Started all 13 games. Switched from safety to CB during the season. Had 56 tackles, 1 INT. 2012: Played all 13 games, starting 7 at safety. Had 64 tackles and 2 INTs. 2011: Started all 12 games at CB. Had 67 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 INT. 2010: Played 9 games, starting 4. Had 10 tackles. High School: No. 66 CB in the nation (Rivals). Three-star recruit out of Southern California. Misc: Brother, Shane, plays for the New England Patriots and father, Henry, was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Very good athlete with fluid movement skills and good range. Competes hard. Runs the alley and can negotiate traffic. Good zone awareness and route recognition. Understands angles and leverage. Can carry receivers in man coverage with little wasted movement in transition on speed turns. Good leaping ability. Very smart, motivated, team player with a passion for the game. Can line up the defense. Outstanding work ethic. Contributes as a gunner on special teams. Has NFL pedigree.
WEAKNESSES Has tiny hands, short arms and lacks overall bulk. Does not have ideal length to match up with NFL tight ends in coverage. Not an explosive hitter or forceful tackler. Hands are suspect -- smothers the ball and has just four career interceptions. Long-term durability could be a concern.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4

BOTTOM LINE A very smart, pedigreed, rangy free safety with the athletic ability and cover skill desired on the back end. Lack of size and tackling strength could leave much to be desired when defending the run. Top-notch intangibles -- toughness, instincts, competitiveness and leadership ability -- should allow him to quickly emerge as a defensive leader and enhance his draft status.

pick made @ 8:57 mtn time
SF 49ers are OTC.

Last edited by ColoradoBuff; 04-06-2014 at 08:25 AM..
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: