The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #151
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

I've got Lewan rated ahead of Jack Matthews, and both of them will definitely go in the top 10 (along with Robinson, who looks like a potential hall-of-famer physically).

There's a huge drop-off between them and the 4th-best OT on the board, who probably won't go until the mid-20s or so....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #152
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Debated really hard whether or not to throw a curve and select TE Eric Ebron instead of Evans. Decided to go with with Evans because of the issues with Mike Williams.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #153
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Debated really hard whether or not to throw a curve and select TE Eric Ebron instead of Evans. Decided to go with with Evans because of the issues with Mike Williams.
I really like Evans. He's got that Vincent Jackson look to him.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #154
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I really like Evans. He's got that Vincent Jackson look to him.
Yep, except he is a major competitor too. VJ just seems to go about his business quietly, but Evans really plays hard to me. He also seems really good at making adjustments game to game and play to play.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #155
Nickstixx
NFL mock draft winner '13

Picture won't post...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
It was not a good performance. I saw the highlights after the selection. Shabby. I still think he goes no lower than 8.
I watched it as well. He couldn't hit the deep ball at all. His arm strength has become a huge concern. It was a very poor pro day, and he is in gym shorts at that. I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st round after that performance. If so, it would be late I think.
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #156
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstixx View Post
I watched it as well. He couldn't hit the deep ball at all. His arm strength has become a huge concern. It was a very poor pro day, and he is in gym shorts at that. I would be surprised to see him go in the 1st round after that performance. If so, it would be late I think.
Eh, I doubt it will be that bad, but I certainly think he has played himself out of the Top 3 selections. Allegedly, several teams in the Top 10 have Bortles higher, so we will see. I think Bridgewater will be just fine -- I have to hope he will perform.

Good get for the Lions and Gilbert.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #157
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I have a feeling my guys will be taken before I pick with Gilbert gone....
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #158
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Barr. There goes another check-off on my wish list.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #159
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Barr. There goes another check-off on my wish list.
Barr was the last of the elite prospects on my board -- on to the next tier. (sigh)
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #160
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Barr was the last of the elite prospects on my board -- on to the next tier. (sigh)
I was freaking out that he or Gilbert wouldn't be there at 10 the way this draft is going.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #161
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This looks pretty solid to me so far. Much better than some previous years and very worthy of the information out there right now on players. Looking good people, and moving damn fast too! Let's keep it up, I could draft by THU at this pace!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #162
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

How did Barr go from top 5 pre-combine to a teens pick in a lot of mocks?

Obviously I look at the talent ahead of him, but he is one of the best pass rushers this year.....
Old 03-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #163
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think the Mock is going well so far. Very realistic. I'm still not remotely worried about Bridgewater. He'll wear his glove in his private workouts and crush those.

Matthews to Atlanta with both Clowney and Mack gone makes all the sense in the world. Can play RT until they tire of Baker.

Tampa Bay is kind of where I first start to have trouble projecting in most of my mocks. I have them taking Evans in my most recent projection, but they could easily go in A TON of other directions.

Minnesota is a problem area too because I think they'll be trading up or back. I still think they want Bridgewater most and they'll move up to #2 to get him before Jacksonville. The fanbase likes Manziel for the Tarkenton comparisons, but I'm still hesitant on Manziel going this high. He's off my board entirely because I'm just not confident in how to evaluate his value.

Buffalo taking Lewan is interesting to me because I never considered it. Glenn is an absolute stud at LT, and while they could upgrade RT, Pears isn't that bad by any stretch. They needed a LG badly, but they paid Williams to start there. I think Buffalo goes another direction at this pick, Mike Evans if he's still there or Eric Ebron. Lewan might be BPA available though, and he is an upgrade on Pears, so this is completely possible and makes sense.

Detroit taking Gilbert, especially after signing Golden Tate, is about as obvious as it gets. Maybe Clinton-Dix gets some consideration, or maybe they love Dennard more, but I think Gilbert is almost a lock.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #164
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm about 87% certain the Rams will find a trading partner for that 2nd pick.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #165
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I think the Mock is going well so far. Very realistic. I'm still not remotely worried about Bridgewater. He'll wear his glove in his private workouts and crush those.

Matthews to Atlanta with both Clowney and Mack gone makes all the sense in the world. Can play RT until they tire of Baker.

Tampa Bay is kind of where I first start to have trouble projecting in most of my mocks. I have them taking Evans in my most recent projection, but they could easily go in A TON of other directions.

Minnesota is a problem area too because I think they'll be trading up or back. I still think they want Bridgewater most and they'll move up to #2 to get him before Jacksonville. The fanbase likes Manziel for the Tarkenton comparisons, but I'm still hesitant on Manziel going this high. He's off my board entirely because I'm just not confident in how to evaluate his value.

Buffalo taking Lewan is interesting to me because I never considered it. Glenn is an absolute stud at LT, and while they could upgrade RT, Pears isn't that bad by any stretch. They needed a LG badly, but they paid Williams to start there. I think Buffalo goes another direction at this pick, Mike Evans if he's still there or Eric Ebron. Lewan might be BPA available though, and he is an upgrade on Pears, so this is completely possible and makes sense.

Detroit taking Gilbert, especially after signing Golden Tate, is about as obvious as it gets. Maybe Clinton-Dix gets some consideration, or maybe they love Dennard more, but I think Gilbert is almost a lock.
Can Manziel even read a defense?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #166
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm about 87% certain the Rams will find a trading partner for that 2nd pick.
I think so too, but the Bridgewater work out didn't do them any favors. If Clowney goes #1, with this talented of a draft, they might not be able to trade out unless they take just a 2nd rounder or maybe even 2015 selections.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #167
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I think so too, but the Bridgewater work out didn't do them any favors. If Clowney goes #1, with this talented of a draft, they might not be able to trade out unless they take just a 2nd rounder or maybe even 2015 selections.
I had pretty much designed my draft with the idea that I would be trading down, but the OMane GMs are too stingy to trade.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #168
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
We'll find out soon enough.

If Manziel would have gone undrafted until your selection at the top of the 2nd round would you have drafted him there?
Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #169
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I had pretty much designed my draft with the idea that I would be trading down, but the OMane GMs are too stingy to trade.
Yeah, plus STL pulled one over on the Redskins! WAS way overpaid for RGIII and it cost everyone their jobs. Now, with the absolute depth at certain positions and a much larger tier one of players, I can not see anyone paying the King's ransom WAS paid for the number 2 overall pick.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #170
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Shanahanahanahan and the Giants lose out on all the OT's and now are in a predicament. Who is going to trade up and help him out? He got greedy and declined my offer.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #171
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Shanahanahanahan and the Giants lose out on all the OT's and now are in a predicament. Who is going to trade up and help him out? He got greedy and declined my offer.
Ooohhh, do tell....
Old 03-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #172
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Manziel read SEC defenses just fine imo....
Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #173
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Ooohhh, do tell....
It doesn't matter anymore, he refused and is now in pick purgatory.

He could have had an extra high third rounder -- got greedy and wanted a fourth too. Not in this draft. A high third is pretty much like a second anyways. Too bad for Shanhanahanahan and Broncos East.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #174
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Manziel read SEC defenses just fine imo....
When reading reports of those that could be taken #1, there was an OC of an nfl team that interviewed Manziel at the combine. He was asked how he would do in specific situations and just said "i don't know".
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #175
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Req is out for blood.

I didn't want to slow this thing down, but I'm exploring options at the moment. Sorry, fellas.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: