The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #101
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
I told you. OM posters totdally devalue QB's or is it the real world overvalues them The thing is any mocker on here wont get fired if he cant find a guy to take his team forward this year. In truth the new guy in Houston will, Cleveland definitely and likely Allen's last year in Oakland. None of them are getting 6 wins with their current powderpuff slingers so they absolutely will draft Quarterbacks this year.
I'll take Bridgewater over any QB in this class. Now I can focus hard on what I am going to do with six more picks in the first 125 overall. Tehee.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I almost thought about trading up with you, but the WR depth is so good -- but you got a heckuva player.
IMO, he's the best in the draft. Or at least separated only by a hair from Mack or Robinson.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #103
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
I told you. OM posters totdally devalue QB's or is it the real world overvalues them The thing is any mocker on here wont get fired if he cant find a guy to take his team forward this year. In truth the new guy in Houston will, Cleveland definitely and likely Allen's last year in Oakland. None of them are getting 6 wins with their current powderpuff slingers so they absolutely will draft Quarterbacks this year.
I have a plan. Just not at 5.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #104
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Ok, thoughts so far on the first 5 selections:

This is going much different than I anticipated. The same guys for the most part, just a different order, which is going to impact the 2nd and 3rd round more than anything. I'm seriously 0 for 5. I had Clowney to Houston, Bridgewater to Minnesota in a trade, Mack to Jax, Watkins to Cleveland, and Bortles to Oakland (with them signing Penn to play LT and Vick/Schaub to QB for a year or two as Bortles needs to sit for awhile).

However, I think ALL of the selections are solid and make sense. I really like Bridgewater too, I heard the reports he had an okay Pro Day, but I don't care, his tape has him making all the throws for years accurately. The guy is a stud. If Clowney goes to Houston #1 in RL, I expect a team to trade up with the Rams for Bridgewater, Oakland, Minnesota, or TB, with Minnesota being the favorite.

With Oakland though, now that the owner is involved and trumping his GM, I can't imagine they skip a QB at #5. The current regime is already dead, the owner is going to make this pick, and I expect it to be a QB. I really think they'll pay Donald Penn whatever they must for him to play LT. There's a chance though if they miss out on Penn, I could see them going OT.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #105
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I almost thought about trading up with you, but the WR depth is so good -- but you got a heckuva player.
Yeah, I'm not trading up for a WR until maybe the late 2nd when the studs start to die out. You made the right choice IMO. Of course, if Rohirrim would have taken a 3rd to bounce back two slots, than I would have traded up. Doesn't sound like he would have though.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #106
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
The more I think of the QB prospects of this draft the more I am leaning towards Manziel if I am one of those QB hungry top teams. Go big or go home style.
Manziel is so polarizing though. He could easily do a Geno Smith type fall in RL.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #107
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I'm just not seeing the value or any "Franchise QB" in the first round. I'd go as far as to say not a single QB in this draft will make a single pro-bowl. GM's constantly make the mistake of drafting a QB just for the sake of getting a QB.

The Texans and other teams know this draft has *****y QBs. Elway is even getting interest for Osweiler from multiple teams and the Texans were in discussions to get Mallett in a trade. That tells me that the Texans are agreeing with me that this draft class for QBs is a giant steaming pile of ****.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Schaub shipped off to the Raiders and the Texans acquiring Mallett on or near draft weekend.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #108
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
The value chart is outdated badly. I also think that strong drafts, like this one, make the value of earlier selections worth considerably less, whereas in a weak draft they would maintain or potentially increase in value.

Last year is really telling for me with the Oakland/Miami trade. A 2nd round pick to move up from out of the Top 10 (12th) to #3 overall. that was 600+ points less than the value chart suggests.

If I'm Atlanta, I'm offering an early 3rd to trade from 6 to 3. If I'm Jacksonville, I'm taking it unless I want a specific player that won't fall to 6. In that case, I'm either staying put and taking my guy or I'm asking for a king's ransom to justify me losing him.
Our value in the mock is a bit different from reality, however, because we can't trade draft choices for subsequent years.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #109
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
I'm just not seeing the value or any "Franchise QB" in the first round. I'd go as far as to say not a single QB in this draft will make a single pro-bowl. GM's constantly make the mistake of drafting a QB just for the sake of getting a QB.

The Texans and other teams know this draft has *****y QBs. Elway is even getting interest for Osweiler from multiple teams and the Texans were in discussions to get Mallett in a trade. That tells me that the Texans are agreeing with me that this draft class for QBs is a giant steaming pile of ****.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Schaub shipped off to the Raiders and the Texans acquiring Mallett on or near draft weekend.
I could see Schaub ending up in Cleveland under Kyle Shanahan. Especially if they make any trade with their firsts.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #110
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If Cleveland trades for Schaub I will be sad.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #111
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

If Clowney wasn't there.....Mack was my choice. But champ24 took him #1 overall.

Quote:
Ok, thoughts so far on the first 5 selections:

This is going much different than I anticipated. The same guys for the most part, just a different order, which is going to impact the 2nd and 3rd round more than anything. I'm seriously 0 for 5. I had Clowney to Houston, Bridgewater to Minnesota in a trade, Mack to Jax, Watkins to Cleveland, and Bortles to Oakland (with them signing Penn to play LT and Vick/Schaub to QB for a year or two as Bortles needs to sit for awhile).

However, I think ALL of the selections are solid and make sense. I really like Bridgewater too, I heard the reports he had an okay Pro Day, but I don't care, his tape has him making all the throws for years accurately. The guy is a stud. If Clowney goes to Houston #1 in RL, I expect a team to trade up with the Rams for Bridgewater, Oakland, Minnesota, or TB, with Minnesota being the favorite.

With Oakland though, now that the owner is involved and trumping his GM, I can't imagine they skip a QB at #5. The current regime is already dead, the owner is going to make this pick, and I expect it to be a QB. I really think they'll pay Donald Penn whatever they must for him to play LT. There's a chance though if they miss out on Penn, I could see them going OT.

Last edited by ColoradoBuff; 03-17-2014 at 03:56 PM..
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #112
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

I think you are wrong about Blake Bortles.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #113
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Manziel is so polarizing though. He could easily do a Geno Smith type fall in RL.
would that be bad? 5 GW drives this year and got better IMO...

I think Bortles can be Rothlessberger esque.

Just the today version instead of the few years ago version.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #114
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think you are wrong about Blake Bortles.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #115
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
This is bad Mack mojo.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #116
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
If Cleveland trades for Schaub I will be sad.
If get him for 4th or future pick it wouldn't be a bad option for them. Would rather have sexy Rex Grossman leading that team
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #117
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
If get him for 4th or future pick it wouldn't be a bad option for them. Would rather have sexy Rex Grossman leading that team
We got Teddy KGB leadin' us now. That is all that matters.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #118
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Awesome gif response
Old 03-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #119
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

****. Where is Arkie? I wanna draft tonight!!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #120
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
This is bad Mack mojo.
I think Mack pick was a good pick. I just hope someone snakes Garoppolo from him.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #121
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I think Mack pick was a good pick. I just hope someone snakes Garoppolo from him.
That will be Med with the Broncos pick
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #122
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

There would be an utter S***storm on this board if the Broncs drafted a QB at 31.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #123
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
There would be an utter S***storm on this board if the Broncs drafted a QB at 31.
That will happen no matter who they pick.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 PM   #124
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I hope so too. Makes it more likely my next target will fall to my pick.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #125
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just read nobody in Cleveland went to see Teddy KGB. Lol. Wat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: