The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 AM   #76
extralife
Ring of Famer

but I want browner
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #77
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Jets weren't going to pay Revis so they traded him away from their nemesis New England last year. They couldn't risk Revis going to a division rival in free agency this year. So much for that plan.

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #78
Shattuck
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Anyone think this too?

Why does it look like Bill Belichic and the Pats pulled off the old rope a dope on John Elway and the Broncos? The Broncos could have let Talib go some where else and then landed Revis thereby really weakening the Pats instead they help the Pats upgrade their cornerback position. Had to be a calculated risk by Belichik knowing Revis would be available because the Bucs we're trying to trade him I would have loved to see the look on Elway's face when he found out the Pats landed Revis and they only had to give him a one year deal.
Shattuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #79
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattuck View Post
Why does it look like Bill Belichic and the Pats pulled off the old rope a dope on John Elway and the Broncos? The Broncos could have let Talib go some where else and then landed Revis thereby really weakening the Pats instead they help the Pats upgrade their cornerback position. Had to be a calculated risk by Belichik knowing Revis would be available because the Bucs we're trying to trade him I would have loved to see the look on Elway's face when he found out the Pats landed Revis and they only had to give him a one year deal.

wtf are you gloating about? Revis will be gone next year and then what? John Elway (and everyother NFL GM) doesn't give a **** about what the patriots did yesterday.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #80
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Shattuck is Belichek.

stfu!

Revis agreeing to a one year deal is crazy to me. That is what I dont understand at all.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #81
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Only had to give him a 1 year deal? Lol Revis is the type of player you want under contract for multiple years. 12 mill a season means if he plays well this year he will demand more for his next contract.

Broncos could have let talib go somewhere else... Lol well no **** Sherlock. How about you make some of these posts before the results?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #82
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Not to mention Talib costs less too. That money will be needed to sign some more FAs.... Chris Harris tender etc.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #83
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Worst thing about Revis going to the Patriots is all their ****ing obnoxious fans... Those Boston fans are full of ****.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #84
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
**** off, chowder breath.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #85
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Worst thing about Revis going to the Patriots is all their ****ing obnoxious fans... Those Boston fans are full of ****.
seriously this
Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #86
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #87
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #88
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #89
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I just hope Eldleman leaves and once again they have to rebuild the WR. Also Wilfork due a bonus at some point and I heard they don't want to pay it. Hopefully Wilfork will say **** you cut me.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #90
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Pats shelling out that much for 1 yr shows how much they realize the Broncos roster is better then theirs right now.

They don't like paying people lots of money. Right now they are seething how Elway keeps raiding them and forcing their pocketbook to shrink trying to keep up.

It's too bad they got Revis but I still think on offense they don't have anything to scare anyone outside of Brady.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #92
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Gronk I'd say only has about a 50/50% of staying healthy. He's played long enough through college and the pros we can see a pattern with him. It's not just bad luck, it's his body can't take how violent his game is.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #93
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

I've never seen that where you poison pill the 2nd year like that to essentially write a one-year contract and remove the franchise tag option.

Interesting.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #94
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Based on the structure of this deal......NO WAY the Pats pick up the 2nd year, and it looks like Revis will, in fact, only be with the Pats this season.

But the structure allows them to only hit their cap for $7M this year.....and another $5M next year when he's not there.

EDIT: There is a CHANCE he could be there next year.....but only after he's goes to free agency, and THEN decides to come back to them.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #95
Mile High Salute
Elway's Little Helper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I really don't get the point of 1-year contracts. Take Revis for example. Why not sign him for 3 years/36M? If he sucks or gets re-injured or something, cut him next February. It's the same as letting him go to FA after his contract is up. But if he is amazing, he's still under contract for another 2 years and you don't have to worry about him going to the highest bidder!
It's a good move for the Patriots. $12M for one year isn't an absurd price for Revis, and if he pans out, they can always franchise him next year and get him for a 2nd year. (The franchise tag would actually be less than he's going to make this year, since he's still the highest paid CB in the league, so his 2nd year would be a deal for the Pats.) I'm more surprised that Revis was willing to sign just a one-year deal. But New England had to make this move, had to. I think if they hadn't there might have been a full-scale mutiny. After the Broncos signed Talib (and before Revis) I told one of my co-workers who's a huge Pats fan that we were coming for Edelman next. You know, just to turn the knife a little.
Mile High Salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #96
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
It's a good move for the Patriots. $12M for one year isn't an absurd price for Revis, and if he pans out, they can always franchise him next year and get him for a 2nd year. (The franchise tag would actually be less than he's going to make this year, since he's still the highest paid CB in the league, so his 2nd year would be a deal for the Pats.) I'm more surprised that Revis was willing to sign just a one-year deal. But New England had to make this move, had to. I think if they hadn't there might have been a full-scale mutiny. After the Broncos signed Talib (and before Revis) I told one of my co-workers who's a huge Pats fan that we were coming for Edelman next. You know, just to turn the knife a little.
That's the point of this contract though. They can't franchise him when he's 'under contract'

The 2nd year terms of the contract are impossible, so it's a foregone conclusion he'll be cut (or restructured) But they can't tag him while under this (or any) contract. Ingenious really.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #97
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Demaryius going to be spending an evening on Revis Island

)
SonsofBelichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #98
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Media is slobbering all over the Pats ***** over this move and saying how they stuck it to Denver. We've made three top notch signings. They got a diva who is obsessed with being the highest paid player for 1 year.

Pats fans were fuming over losing Talib and now *poof* guy sucks.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #99
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

never been a problem...
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #100
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Revis owned them in that contract.

$12/m for one year

Plus - 2 options for the following year - 1) he's cut and not making $20 next year, but leaves the Pats with $5 in dead money or 2) forces a restructure to get even more money up front.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote