The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #51
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Webster has great physicality. His improvement on ball awareness should be dramatic. Not worried about the secondary since Ware and Miller will give QBs 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #52
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

There are plenty of one year vet CB's still out on market. Derek Cox would be a good pick up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ville-jaguars/

Older article but it's shows that he can play at a high level with JDR.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #53
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
There are plenty of one year vet CB's still out on market. Derek Cox would be a good pick up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ville-jaguars/

Older article but it's shows that he can play at a high level with JDR.
Derek Cox was absolutely horrendous last year with the Chargers and their defence subsequently improved when he got benched. Not in a million goddamn years would i want to see him near Dove Valley
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #54
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Derek Cox was absolutely horrendous last year with the Chargers and their defence subsequently improved when he got benched.
how was DRC 2 years ago in Philly?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #55
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
how was DRC 2 years ago in Philly?
Apples and Oranges really. People knew DRC had amazing talent but lost focus. Cox looked completely inept in SD last year and that wasnt exactly a team of badly motivated divas like Philly was when DRC went there. Seriously, go back and watch anything you can of him last season, he ****ing sucked.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #56
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

He's always hurt, Welker will take him out on a pick play you can book it.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #57
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I think Webster has the ability. He was in the right spot so many times last year, but was late turning his head. I think it will come together for him. I also think Denver will look to draft another CB this year.
^^
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #58
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

I'd like to see us sign Brandon Browner..who was with us in at least 1 training camp under Shanny (2007 I think)
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #59
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
We don't NEED another corner. We have two solid starters in Talib and Harris, as well as competent backups in Carter and Webster.

What they need is a middle linebacker to tie the defense together. That's what they're missing.
You have to know with that comment that this is going to be a quick response that many of us can't let go. In NO WAY is Carter a "COMPETENT" backup. He is simply a backup that sucks. He is a liability when on the field and usually hurts us in some way in any extended playing time. I understand he is not a starter and not everyone can be Talib but this guy is Roc, LaSewer or Tito all over again.

Webster suffered typical rookie growing pains but I'm quite high on him developing. Unless we get a DB in round 1 or 2, I doubt we can count on someone as a rookie stepping in as our #3. I say we NEED another solid DB with some experience. At this point maybe a Captain Munnerlyn type would be very solid.

Last edited by stoxman; 03-12-2014 at 08:17 PM..
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #60
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Yes, Browner too. If Elway truly wants tough MOFO's back there..Browner is that type of guy! I wouldn't be opposed..he was my adopt a Bronco at one time.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #61
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Typical O-Mane logic where Rookies MUST play as good as Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, etc.....otherwise they just plain suck.

Funny, been like this around here for many years.

At least I can say i'm a member of an internet forum where everyone but me seems to be employed in professional football....at least in their minds.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #62
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Typical O-Mane logic where Rookies MUST play as good as Darrell Green, Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, etc.....otherwise they just plain suck.

Funny, been like this around here for many years.

At least I can say i'm a member of an internet forum where everyone but me seems to be employed in professional football....at least in their minds.
Don't know who you are replying to as you didn't use the quote but I certainly wasn't arguing that rookies have to be that good. Typically they are not which is why I said bringing in someone like Munnerlyn with some experience would probably be a good idea. Same idea with Daryl Smith.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #63
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Sorry was referring in general to the O-Mane professional scouts that have all of these in depth critiques of guys like Keyvon Webster.

You seem to be fairly new - this has been going on for years now. I've actually asked some of these "professionals" which team they work for, have interviewed with and so on....nobody has stepped up to reveal who they are or work for but daaaaamn they are top notch evaluators of talent that much is certain.

Always been curious as to why they don't just leave their jobs at Home Depot and go work in the FO, they clearly have the internet skillset to eval players.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

1 yr for 12 mil screams of panic move to me.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #65
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Panic signing - that's exactly what I told my NE buddies, they agreed.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #66
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

great signing for the patriots.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #67
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
1 yr for 12 mil screams of panic move to me.
what, exactly, is the down side for them? nothing?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #68
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

I really don't get the point of 1-year contracts. Take Revis for example. Why not sign him for 3 years/36M? If he sucks or gets re-injured or something, cut him next February. It's the same as letting him go to FA after his contract is up. But if he is amazing, he's still under contract for another 2 years and you don't have to worry about him going to the highest bidder!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #69
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
You have to know with that comment that this is going to be a quick response that many of us can't let go. In NO WAY is Carter a "COMPETENT" backup. He is simply a backup that sucks. He is a liability when on the field and usually hurts us in some way in any extended playing time. I understand he is not a starter and not everyone can be Talib but this guy is Roc, LaSewer or Tito all over again.

Webster suffered typical rookie growing pains but I'm quite high on him developing. Unless we get a DB in round 1 or 2, I doubt we can count on someone as a rookie stepping in as our #3. I say we NEED another solid DB with some experience. At this point maybe a Captain Munnerlyn type would be very solid.
Carter has played well in some games and poorly in others. He played well in the afc championship game but poorly in the Super Bowl, each time in a starting role. He's not starter material, but has value in a pinch as a good man cover guy. He's good depth, and a better #4 or 5 than a number 3. They will depend on Webster or a cheap vet to fill that 3rd position. Barring injury, I think theyll be fine.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #70
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Carter has played well in some games and poorly in others. He played well in the afc championship game but poorly in the Super Bowl, each time in a starting role. He's not starter material, but has value in a pinch as a good man cover guy. He's good depth, and a better #4 or 5 than a number 3. They will depend on Webster or a cheap vet to fill that 3rd position. Barring injury, I think theyll be fine.
Tony Carter on a team's #4 receiver is a good match up pretty 100% of the time, and is usually pretty favorable against #3 receivers as well. I don't understand why people don't get that.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #71
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I really don't get the point of 1-year contracts. Take Revis for example. Why not sign him for 3 years/36M? If he sucks or gets re-injured or something, cut him next February. It's the same as letting him go to FA after his contract is up. But if he is amazing, he's still under contract for another 2 years and you don't have to worry about him going to the highest bidder!
Belichick really hates giving stars big contracts. It's his Achilles heal in my opinion.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #72
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Tony Carter on a team's #4 receiver is a good match up pretty 100% of the time, and is usually pretty favorable against #3 receivers as well. I don't understand why people don't get that.
Because once the orangemane puts a label on a player, and it doesn't matter about how good he is anymore.

Bunch of ****ing idiots is why people don't get that.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #73
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
what, exactly, is the down side for them? nothing?
He plays well for one year without helping them win anything then leaves for a better team? I wonder if there is any history of that kind of thing happening with CBs signed to 1 year contracts who used to play in Tampa?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:17 AM   #74
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He plays well for one year without helping them win anything then leaves for a better team? I wonder if there is any history of that kind of thing happening with CBs signed to 1 year contracts who used to play in Tampa?
tampa traded for him. NE got him for nothing. if he leaves for nothing, it's a wash. if you're going to talk about a downside along those lines, at least have the decency to go with Deion and the Niners (and they won a super bowl).
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #75
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Patriots are having Browner visit, looks like they are trying to get tougher too.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote