The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
bombay
Ring of Famer

Default Is kisla A Criminal?

I just became aware that mark kiszla (allegedly) went through Dante Bichettes' locker without permission years ago, and was subsequently banned by the Rockies from entering their premises.

Why is a guy who appears to be a criminal still employed by the Denver post? I realize that no one reads it, and it is dying, but why would they employ a scumbag like that?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...st-mark-kiszla

Last edited by bombay; 02-08-2015 at 07:55 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
bombay
Ring of Famer

At the time of the Mark McGwire andro scandal, Kiszla decided he'd be an investigative journalist. He got caught breaking the law by searching through Dante Bichette's locker and personal bag in hopes of finding something. Baseball Writers of America revoked his membership. Rockies banned him from the locker room. Denver Post kept him on board as a featured journalist.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
enjolras
Ring of Famer

who cares?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lmfao at anyone giving more than 0 ***s about Dante Bichette.... lulz
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Kiszla is a low life piece of trash.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #6
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
who cares?
Um, me? I care.

I guess I don't know the point of taking the time to post, "Who cares?"

It's off-season mode. It's a story about a guy who writes at least half his stories about the Broncos. It's a guy that also happens to be generally disliked by the majority of the posters here - so a thread pointing out his scumbaggery is welcome. And it's a story that I surprisingly had not heard before - a rarity, with most stories posted here (especially with how closely I follow the Rockies - easily my second-favorite sports team in the world). Dp REP to bombay for a great thread!

So, I care. You clearly don't. Maybe you should just not click on this thread again?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #7
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Ummm the Pats are criminals and it worked for them..lol
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 AM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I don't even like the Rockies or Bichette, but how is he still employed? Was there any internal punishment? Or was it sanctioned by the DP?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:00 AM   #9
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

so what was he going to write about? Look at what I found in Dante Bichette's bag (sans search warrant or permission).
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:26 AM   #10
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Well he was not going to put him in prison. No search warrant needed to smear someone.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
so what was he going to write about? Look at what I found in Dante Bichette's bag (sans search warrant or permission).
He probably would have cited a "source" about what he keeps in his locker. This story is a good indicator that the DP's lack of minimum standards for quality and ethics predated the fall of the Rocky Mountain News.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I only have one real memory of Dante Bichette. His rookie year (i believe he was on the brewers?), I saw a game at yankee stadium where he had 4 infield singles. After the last one, the fat drunk guy sitting next to me, and who'd basically been silent all game, stood up and shouted "Thas the fawth ****ty hit for that bickey-etty!"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #13
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Dante Bichette had a horrible restaurant in Denver on 17th which is now Hamburger Mary's... I just remember how terrible the building was painted (Rockies colors).
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I only have one real memory of Dante Bichette. His rookie year (i believe he was on the brewers?), I saw a game at yankee stadium where he had 4 infield singles. After the last one, the fat drunk guy sitting next to me, and who'd basically been silent all game, stood up and shouted "Thas the fawth ****ty hit for that bickey-etty!"
I for the life of me can't figure out what that translates to in non-accented English.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
69bronco
The Legend's Last Ride

Appreciate the greatness

One of the original black street bombers! Use to love watching him and the big cat back in the mid 90's. I could care less about kiszla or any other local journalist and what they did in locker rooms 20 years ago.
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #16
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Kisla may be in really good with the ownership of the paper. Family maybe? Or extremely tight with somebody high up who protects him.

I'm just speculating that, based on my experience in the newspaper business. I've worked at two papers now, community papers, and the nepotism and cronyism is crazy.

At one paper the owner hires his family members and close personal friends for all of the upper management positions, even though just about all of them are unqualified, and some are incompetent. His entire inner circle is filled with yes men/women who really aren't worried about ever being fired, so they don't even try to do a good job. For the people out the outer circle, who really put in good work, they'll never be promoted.

So the nephew of the owner was the editor of a section when I was the editor of a different section. Even though his worked sucked every week, and there were many reasons to fire him (poorly written articles with typos and grammar errors, or just filling his section with stories found on the web instead of producing the work himself), he was promoted to assistant managing editor, and then eventually managing editor. It was unbelievable. Well, maybe not, seeing that his mother, the owner's sister, was the CEO of the company. My section killed his section every week, but there were no plans to promote me. After he got his promotions, the guy hired a good friend of his, who has a history of plagiarism, unethical behavior, and extremely poorly written articles, and made the guy the lead writer of the paper and assistant managing editor. It wasn't long after that that I left that paper. Ended up at another paper, where there is nepotism going on, but it's not as bad.

I'm sure we've all had some co-workers who everybody knew should be fired for many reasons, but for whatever reason kept their jobs.

Oh, and the guy who was hired on as the assistant managing editor, after I left that paper and went to a competing paper, he stole one of my pictures that ran in the current paper that I'm at. He ran the photo in his sports section. I alerted the paper I'm with, and they threatened a lawsuit for copyright infringement. The other paper had to pay a few hundred dollars for the use of the photo, which is much higher than the typical rate for the use of a photo, to avoid going to court. But the guy who stole the photo wasn't fired for the. He should have been fired on the spot. It was at least the third time that I know of that he was caught stealing other people's work. Really thinking about it, I got my first sports writing job because the guy before me had just gotten fired for plagiarism.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote