The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #76
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

The only word i can think of is "Scary" Ive few on planes before i can't imagine what went through there minds when whatever happened occurred.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #77
bombay
Ring of Famer

WSJ reporter on CNN just now quoted anonymous us security folks saying that they're coming to believe more and more that the plane was landed somewhere.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #78
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
WSJ reporter on CNN just now quoted anonymous us security folks saying that they're coming to believe more and more that the plane was landed somewhere.
In this case then they really need to, if they aren't already, start looking at every single place in the 2,200 mile radius that a plane that size could have landed. You'd need a pretty good sized runway for a plane that big. For something like this to go down. You'd think hundreds of people would have to be involved. It's not like you can take a place that size and just hide it anywhere you feel like either. So many scenarios.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #79
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:

For later use?

http://www.businessinsider.com/updat...-flight-2014-3

I'm guessing that the "later use" they are concerned about isn't for scrap metal or crop spraying.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #80
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
In this case then they really need to, if they aren't already, start looking at every single place in the 2,200 mile radius that a plane that size could have landed. You'd need a pretty good sized runway for a plane that big. For something like this to go down. You'd think hundreds of people would have to be involved. It's not like you can take a place that size and just hide it anywhere you feel like either. So many scenarios.
****ing this.

It's not like you can plop this one down next to the turbo props in the middle of a field.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #81
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
NSA is all over it, they probably knew this days ago.

Also illustrates how bad Chinese Intel is.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #82
Bronco Yoda

Oil Rig Worker Thinks He Saw Malaysia Air Flight 370 Go Down In Flames.

In yet another odd twist to the mysterious story of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, a New Zealand man working on an oil rig in the South China Sea has come forward to say he believes he saw the airplane on fire right around the time it disappeared.

http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-r...-flames-2014-3
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #83
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post

In yet another odd twist to the mysterious story of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, a New Zealand man working on an oil rig in the South China Sea has come forward to say he believes he saw the airplane on fire right around the time it disappeared.

Interesting.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #84
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post

That was old news.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #85
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
That was old news.
News that's never been discredited or explained. If not the plane.... then what DID he see then. Interesting nonetheless.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #86
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
and not just any pilot can land a jet that big on a small runway. That takes special training, or a huge set of brass balls.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #87
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

I just don't care.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #88
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I just don't care.
**** you.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #89
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
**** you.
Oh, spare me your fake outrage.

Bad things happen to millions of people each and every day. The fact that this is a mystery doesn't for me make the potential loss of life any more or less important than anyone else who has tragically died recently.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 PM   #90
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
****ing this.

It's not like you can plop this one down next to the turbo props in the middle of a field.
Terrorists can plop it down anywhere. Desperate hijackers living on the edge only need about a mile of flat land to make an attempt. It probably wasn't a pretty landing.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #91
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Terrorists can plop it down anywhere. Desperate hijackers living on the edge only need about a mile of flat land to make an attempt. It probably wasn't a pretty landing.
And if they intend to take off again someday?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #92
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
And if they intend to take off again someday?
Dude haven't you seen Lost? I mean, they could have landed it on that mysterious beach landing strip thing. Has to be true, saw it on TV. Right?

Actually, while a 777 is a big ass plane there are lots of strips it could use. Crazy way to steal an airplane though. Would be better to snag a big cargo jet.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #93
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If this plane was stolen in order to use it for another purpose, it's going to take a huge collective effort from a lot of different people. It's going to be a highly organized and well funded machine to make something this big happen. First, they have to successfully steal the plane, and land it somewhere without being detected. Then, oh yah, there's the 239 people that they now have to deal with, what's going to happen to all of these men, women and children? Then, they have to be able to hide the plane for at least a little while, let's say a week or so. Then they have to load it up with a nuclear bomb or whatever, which will weigh around 5k pounds or so? Or, they have to basically put the bomb together on the plane piece by piece (all of this is dangerous). Then, they have to load the plane up with fuel, and take off (from a short runway or a grassy field or whatever) and then they have to fly the plane to wherever they are going to blow the plane up at. Oh, and they have to find the suicide pilot or pilots to do it. And, they have to fly the plane pretty much undetected to it's detonation point.

sounds a little too complicated, but possible
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #94
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...raft_flew.html

"But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter. At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."
Packing it with explosives and aiming it at a big city. I doubt US but a country that won't respond quickly to a runaway plane.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #95
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Bad things happen to millions of people each and every day. The fact that this is a mystery doesn't for me make the potential loss of life any more or less important than anyone else who has tragically died recently.
You think the rest of the people on here care about those people? It's not that people died is the story.... The story is that a huge passenger lane disappeared. Between all the groups and agencies looking for it... no one has found it yet. It's very interesting.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #96
Kevin8Nine
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Packing it with explosives and aiming it at a big city. I doubt US but a country that won't respond quickly to a runaway plane.
Your joking right? On 11/11/2001 4 planes were hijacked over our country and flew around for hours, none of which got shot down.
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #97
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If this plane was stolen in order to use it for another purpose, it's going to take a huge collective effort from a lot of different people. It's going to be a highly organized and well funded machine to make something this big happen. First, they have to successfully steal the plane, and land it somewhere without being detected. Then, oh yah, there's the 239 people that they now have to deal with, what's going to happen to all of these men, women and children? Then, they have to be able to hide the plane for at least a little while, let's say a week or so. Then they have to load it up with a nuclear bomb or whatever, which will weigh around 5k pounds or so? Or, they have to basically put the bomb together on the plane piece by piece (all of this is dangerous). Then, they have to load the plane up with fuel, and take off (from a short runway or a grassy field or whatever) and then they have to fly the plane to wherever they are going to blow the plane up at. Oh, and they have to find the suicide pilot or pilots to do it. And, they have to fly the plane pretty much undetected to it's detonation point.

sounds a little too complicated, but possible
Taking down two gigantic sky scrapers in the middle of Manhattan with not one, but two commandeered aircraft while hitting the pentagon with a third, and then taking out the capital or white house with a 4th would be laughed at by the world......

Except 3 of the 4 happened, and the only reason the 4th didn't happen was because passengers stormed the cockpit and forced the aircraft into the ground. Which that in itself sounds too crazy to be true. Yet it occurred nearly simultaneously with 3 other "impossible" events.

The point being.... nothing is impossible to me anymore.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #98
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
Your joking right? On 11/11/2001 4 planes were hijacked over our country and flew around for hours, none of which got shot down.
Damn, how come people only commemorate the events of 9/11/2001 which had the same tragic events?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #99
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...4802&source=hp

So it's interesting to me that it sounds like the devices were manually shut off and now the search is expanded to the Indian Ocean. It sounds like a hijacking, but where the hell did they go? On the other hand if the plane did crash in the Indian Ocean, that's gonna be a helluva search to make.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:45 AM   #100
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...t-370.cnn.html
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote