The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #101
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was moving my family all week. And while being asked to leave our complex early and being screamed at by my neighbor, as we began to unload all our crap into our new place, I just didn't have the time to respond to this. I will do so now:

Kuper should count himself lucky. He came out of a really small school and played twice as long as the average NFL player gets to play. He also saw that coveted "second" contract that very few get to see. And I don't mean the journeyman re-up with a new team to play special teams every season kind of second contract. I think Kuper had pro-bowl potential, and at one point was playing at that level. Unfortunately it is a tough league and it's hard to stay healthy for very long in this league. I am grateful he was here and will miss his power and agility inside. That said, I think the Broncos will be more than capable of finding more linemen to fill that interior spoty...just apparently through other means besides the draft, I suppose.

Anyway, glad that Kupesdad will still post. He and his wife is good people and will provide a great point of view for parents of players.
Thanks Chris.. You have my number give me a call.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #102
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Lol....John Fox approves, Khan.....so I think youre good.

/Khans tribute to Kuper is currently at 9% on Rotten Tomatoes.

"Khan's goodbye to Kuper on Metacritic" 2.5

User Reviews:

4 bowtown

"Not going to lie, this was really anti-climactic. Was expecting more from this proud poster concerning a player we know he cared about."

0 rugbythug

"Worst post ever. This POS needs to retire already. How could, of all people, this guy get this event in Broncos history wrong? You'd be better off letting your kids watch Ghostbusters than read this drivel."

0 KHanSuk$

"Worst post of the year ever. Don't read it because it's TOTALLY not worth it. Wait a few months until his ten tear anniversary post comes out."
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #103
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Thanks Chris.. You have my number give me a call.
You have to admit .....Khan is the best daughter in law you could have hoped for. Dude is totally committed to Kupe.

Only thing is people are gonna do a double take when they see their checkbook. Seeing Chris & Chris Kuper in the upper left hand corner of every check is weird.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-11-2014 at 01:37 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #104
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Thanks! We appreciate the support... He has been approached about coaching and is looking at his opportunities..

The SB was tough but our family had a wonderful time meeting Coach Fox and others we hadn't had the opportunity to meet.

He was a groomsman in Brady Quinn's wedding last weekend, so he is doing ok with the change in his life... Probably better than his pop...
Ditto the thanks for your sticking around. I'm hoping we can actually get more of your insight now that Chris is retired. I imagine you knew a bunch of stuff that you couldn't post here having a son on the team.

Maybe you can explain the Superbowl now?
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #105
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How these men even survive 4 yrs of HS football, then college, to even make it to the pros is also amazing. If you follow prep sports ( my area loaded with talent) you see all the time incredible talents who get injured before anyone even knows who they are.
I hear you on that. My older brother was slotted to be a starting OLB for Wyoming Cowboys some 20 years ago. As a true freshman he was 6'4 250ish and ran a 4.59, 36 inch vertical and could put up 375 on bench press (as a 19 year old). Got his knee destroyed late in camp before the season even started and he was done with football. He was the real deal. Too bad for him, he could have at least had a shot at being drafted somewhere if that didn't happen to him.

There are so so so many guys that have what it takes and the violence of the game just ends all too soon for many of them.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #106
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Thanks for contributing. Your son was a heck of a player. Try to talk him into joining the Mane.
Ditto this too, I hope I see "kupes son" posting on here soon.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #107
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Ditto the thanks for your sticking around. I'm hoping we can actually get more of your insight now that Chris is retired. I imagine you knew a bunch of stuff that you couldn't post here having a son on the team.

Maybe you can explain the Superbowl now?
Man, with how unbearable it was as a fan, I can't imagine watching it helplessly from the sideline, or from the stands with your kid down there.

Shabbyness in question, for sure.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #108
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Man, with how unbearable it was as a fan, I can't imagine watching it helplessly from the sideline, or from the stands with your kid down there.

Shabbyness in question, for sure.
I can't imagine how BRUTAL tha must have been to be there live---as a player or a fan.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #109
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I hear you on that. My older brother was slotted to be a starting OLB for Wyoming Cowboys some 20 years ago. As a true freshman he was 6'4 250ish and ran a 4.59, 36 inch vertical and could put up 375 on bench press (as a 19 year old). Got his knee destroyed late in camp before the season even started and he was done with football. He was the real deal. Too bad for him, he could have at least had a shot at being drafted somewhere if that didn't happen to him.

There are so so so many guys that have what it takes and the violence of the game just ends all too soon for many of them.
When i was a kid there was a player at a local HS that scored like 5 tds a game. His name eludes me now but he was highly recruited and signed with Ariz ST. First yr he shredded his knee, broke his leg, and was done just like that.

I would guess every college in America has tons of stories just like that. A star arrives from some prep school ready to be the best ever, and just like that you are done.

That is why i don't blame the players for holding out for as much money as possible. Look at Chris Johnson, had he not held out for the big deal he would have never gotten it. Now they will cut him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #110
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He let the team know last week... I will definitely be around. I have met some awesome people associated with this team and website. Thanks to all of you, I will remain a fan of this team which is kind of a miracle in itself. As far as defending my son and the rest of the team, I stand by pretty much everything I have posted but I can't be right every time. Go Broncos!!
Thank your son for giving us solid play and hard work his whole career. It's too bad he had to retire but as you said not taking head shots anymore is in his best interest. Best of luck to your whole family.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #111
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Ditto this too, I hope I see "kupes son" posting on here soon.
He will definitely be playing defense like his grandpa cuz he is a mean little ****... tries to headbutt me everytime I pick him up... so I just put him in the dryer for 30 seconds or so.. takes the fight right out of him
Old 03-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #112
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
He will definitely be playing defense like his grandpa cuz he is a mean little ****... tries to headbutt me everytime I pick him up... so I just put him in the dryer for 30 seconds or so.. takes the fight right out of him
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #113
Bronco Yoda

Kupesdad must be secretly exhaling a big sigh of relief. Not easy seeing your boy in pain. No matter how big they get they're still our boys.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #114
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
The Mrs does that to me when I get fussy too.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #115
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Kupesdad must be secretly exhaling a big sigh of relief. Not easy seeing your boy in pain. No matter how big they get they're still our boys.
I have been coaching/watching him play for 23 years.... It is definitely a bittersweet moment. I have always known that he would never be the guy that tries to hang on, going from team to team until he was forced out of the league. He will really miss the locker room, a place that grown men can act like children. At least I know that he won't end up like Mike Webster which is a tragedy or Junior Seau or a 100 other guys that have lost their faculties from this game that we love. And you are right watching him play against the Ravens or Indy when I knew he was 70% and playing with a broken leg that the doctors were telling him that he shouldn't be hurting that much. He is as tough as nails, I think he took a couple of pain pills right after surgery and then ibuprofen for a short time and then nothing. So when he told me he was hurting, I knew that to be the truth and then taking a 4.5 mil pay cut to stay on the team. I will miss watching him play but I won't miss that feeling in my gut when he didn't pop right up and help the running back get up.. def won't miss that.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #116
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I have been coaching/watching him play for 23 years.... It is definitely a bittersweet moment. I have always known that he would never be the guy that tries to hang on, going from team to team until he was forced out of the league. He will really miss the locker room, a place that grown men can act like children. At least I know that he won't end up like Mike Webster which is a tragedy or Junior Seau or a 100 other guys that have lost their faculties from this game that we love. And you are right watching him play against the Ravens or Indy when I knew he was 70% and playing with a broken leg that the doctors were telling him that he shouldn't be hurting that much. He is as tough as nails, I think he took a couple of pain pills right after surgery and then ibuprofen for a short time and then nothing. So when he told me he was hurting, I knew that to be the truth and then taking a 4.5 mil pay cut to stay on the team. I will miss watching him play but I won't miss that feeling in my gut when he didn't pop right up and help the running back get up.. def won't miss that.
You tell your son he still has many fans, and gets many thanks for his service here. He has been a warrior, and I will miss him. Good luck to your entire family sir, and I'm glad you're hanging around.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote