The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #51
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good luck to Kupe. Dude is a stud.

Sorry Khan.
I missed you as well SoCal.. Thank you!
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #52
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
No need to worry about his finances... The kid definitely is way better about saving money than his parents. But he hasn't had to support a kid through all of his endeavors in order to get them drafted into the NFL.. I wouldn't change anything because it's been a pretty cool ride.. He's ok about his issues and it's probably a mixed blessing because he's had some concussion stuff and if his ankle didn't make him stop he would still be banging his head. I want him to be able to walk his daughter down the aisle in 20 years or so and not be busted up like his dad who kept playing till he was 35 and is paying the price as we speak.
Well I hope Jerry and Betsy do not have to see him that much this offseason, but remember they will always be there to help. I just wish more former Great Broncos players would be in as good of a position as Chris. He will need quality support to make it these first 2 years.

Good Luck!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #53
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
I knew I forgot somebody.... It's not a playbook anymore...It's an IPad loaded with the other teams plays,,, pretty ****ing cool.. and that has been a change since he has been with the team

Another prop to Miss I who has always been the sweetest poster when all you others were ripping Chris...
well to be fair, I am Kaylore's faux 4th mormon wife so if wasn't nice to Kuper he'd have faux divorced me. But now I can't get a Kuper jersey. 73 is my favorite #, my dad wore it on his college team coincidentally named the Broncos, I was born in 73 (yes yes I am old, shhhh) and of course best of all it's Kuper's #. Damn it, all the jerseys I have or want to have the guys seem to leave (16, 24, 73...I hesitate to state that I also own #18). Could my boys stop leaving me? I can lose Decker, but why Kuper, why must you go?

Sad, sad, sad, but all the best again to him and you guys again. I am going to go back to sniffing glue now.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #54
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
well to be fair, I am Kaylore's faux 4th mormon wife so if wasn't nice to Kuper he'd have faux divorced me. But now I can't get a Kuper jersey. 73 is my favorite #, my dad wore it on his college team coincidentally named the Broncos, I was born in 73 (yes yes I am old, shhhh) and of course best of all it's Kuper's #. Damn it, all the jerseys I have or want to have the guys seem to leave (16, 24, 73...I hesitate to state that I also own #18). Could my boys stop leaving me? I can lose Decker, but why Kuper, why must you go?

Sad, sad, sad, but all the best again to him and you guys again. I am going to go back to sniffing glue now.
you can get 73... just go to the NFL website... I need to get about 10 or so too.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #55
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

At least Chris was able to be one of the rare players (in the modern NFL) to play his entire career with one team, which is very cool.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #56
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I knew I forgot somebody.... It's not a playbook anymore...It's an IPad loaded with the other teams plays,,, pretty ****ing cool.. and that has been a change since he has been with the team

Another prop to Miss I who has always been the sweetest poster when all you others were ripping Chris...
Man, I have nothing but respect for your family! I have a 15-year-old son, and I constantly obsess over what kind of adult he's growing into. You have obviously done a great job with Chris - not just because he had a solid NFL career. He seems like a good human being. That doesn't happen by accident. If my son ends up the kind of person Chris seems to be, I couldn't ask for more (and honestly, I think he will be okay - he's mostly a good kid, when he's not being a knucklehead).

As for the playbook comment - you might not have paid attention (or cared), but Jay Cutler had his dad return his playbook, after he was traded. It's been a long-running joke around here.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #57
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
He let the team know last week... I will definitely be around. I have met some awesome people associated with this team and website. Thanks to all of you, I will remain a fan of this team which is kind of a miracle in itself. As far as defending my son and the rest of the team, I stand by pretty much everything I have posted but I can't be right every time. Go Broncos!!
Thank you for being such a quality contributor to the board, in addition to being the dad of one of the best guys on the team. I always enjoyed reading your takes and appreciated the information that you shared about your son, which often gave us a unique insight into the team.

Best Wishes to both you and Kupe!
Go Broncos!!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #58
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I don't think anyone would have guessed in '06 that he would have been the last remaining draftee from that class with the Broncos. Especially when everyone said "who" after they drafted him.

Sucks he never recovered from the ankle injury because he was criminally underrated by non-Broncos fans.

Good luck to him.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #59
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Man, I have nothing but respect for your family! I have a 15-year-old son, and I constantly obsess over what kind of adult he's growing into.
I run through the same kinds of things in my head. Like "Man, I hope someday my boy can break through to the point where guys with names like Boobs McGee or Beavis obsess over his GF situation and/or offseason diet"

Anywho, any people-turnover is a b**** in life. I really hate the reality of that. Especially when it comes to those dudes who are the most irrational love of my life. The Denver Broncos.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 03-10-2014 at 02:56 PM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #60
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

It's reported now:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ensive-lineman

Thanks Kupe!
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #61
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
This may turn out to be one of my least favorite offseasons ever.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #62
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
He let the team know last week... I will definitely be around. I have met some awesome people associated with this team and website. Thanks to all of you, I will remain a fan of this team which is kind of a miracle in itself. As far as defending my son and the rest of the team, I stand by pretty much everything I have posted but I can't be right every time. Go Broncos!!
Thanks for contributing. Your son was a heck of a player. Try to talk him into joining the Mane.

Last edited by HILife; 03-10-2014 at 03:25 PM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #63
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #64
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Man...I got a little misty-eyed, realizing what a great competitor and a great human being that the Broncos just lost. Playing through those injuries put Kuper in the old-school category of football player (which, in my eyes, is a VERY good thing). These days, players sit out because of a hangnail. I'm glad Kuper, and his family, is staying in the Denver area. Good luck to you, Chris...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #65
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I can still see his foot turned the wrong way and I think I might have been the 4th person to nottice during the broadcast. Peace and love Chris.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #66
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Khan...I'm expecting an epic Kuper obit piece like the one I did for DJ.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #67
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I wish nothing but the best for father and son. It has been a pleasure having Dad on the mane while his son was kicking ass for our team.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #68
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Thanks for contributing. Your son was a heck of a player. Try to talk him into joining the Mane.

Tom Nalen posts here once and awhile. So it would be an amazing thing to have another former Bronco posting here. Or at least publicly.

Sorry to see Kuper retire though. He was the best lineman we had for a couple of seasons. Glad he is getting away while he is still relatively healthy.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #69
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Sorry to see you go, Kupe! Thanks for being a Bronco.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #70
Donk
Free Agent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bob Scarpitto

I lurk but seldom post.
I so wanted him to come back.
Like Howard I never played the game. My sons and grandsons often pointed out the outstanding play the son made.
The father is far tougher than I in that he posted as Kulpesdad and maintained his cool, I bet the Mother Lion went into the killer mode if and when she read the Orangemane.

I also thank Kulpesdad for writing in a simple direct manner that helped transfer me from a loyal diehard dumbass fan to a diehard fan who at least had a Idea what was going on. I enjoy football more now and win lots more sixpacks. thank you both for that.

One thing I have learned is that I would not want any of my descendents playing foot ball past high school: and am proud that I discouraged my youngest son from playing past pee wee.

Thanks Kulpes
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #71
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Dammit I wish he had not have gotten hurt. I was really hoping he would have been able to come back and play at a high level but I wish him nothing but the best in his personal life.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #72
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Thanks for every Kuper. You were one of the best in the NFL prior to your injury. One of my favorite linemans to put on a Broncos uniform.

Last edited by Action; 03-10-2014 at 04:54 PM..
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #73
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Thanks Kupe and Kupes dad for all the memories when healthy he was our best O-lineman!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #74
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

This one's for Khan.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  22.9 KB
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #75
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I wish him the best. I'm glad to see that he's smart enough to know when its time to retire for his long term health.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote