The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #1501
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Interesting discussion yesterday regarding the Broncos MLber need with both Joel Klatt and Alfred Williams calling Mosley a outside LBer and Shazier an MLBer therefore a better fit for the Broncos but both love each player
Those guys have it completely backwards. Made me want to laugh listening to them.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #1502
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Those guys have it completely backwards. Made me want to laugh listening to them.
Who are they?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #1503
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Who are they?
It was on the Fan 104.3 FM, last Friday around 3:30pm, I believe (Alfred Williams and Dmac). They talk a lot about the Broncos and the draft, but they are pretty uninformed, and highly emotional when their guy doesn't get picked. Kind of like the Omane. Joel Klatt (former CU QB, now Fox Sports host), was on and they were discussing Shazier and Mosley. They were saying Shazier is a pure MLB "thumper", and Mosley was a WLB. Completely backwards.

IMO Shazier is not a natural MLB, because he has happy feet, and has admitted that coaching helped him with that this year. Though, I think Shazier is so athletic and coachable, that he can play and succeed at any LB position.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #1504
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It was on the Fan 104.3 FM, last Friday around 3:30pm, I believe (Alfred Williams and Dmac). They talk a lot about the Broncos and the draft, but they are pretty uninformed, and highly emotional when their guy doesn't get picked. Kind of like the Omane. Joel Klatt (former CU QB, now Fox Sports host), was on and they were discussing Shazier and Mosley. They were saying Shazier is a pure MLB "thumper", and Mosley was a WLB. Completely backwards.

IMO Shazier is not a natural MLB, because he has happy feet, and has admitted that coaching helped him with that this year. Though, I think Shazier is so athletic and coachable, that he can play and succeed at any LB position.
Are their different guys on at different times? Here in Baltimore the sports talk on 105.7 has different guys at different time slots. Each segment has their niche, and Vinny Cerrato former Redskins GM has the 10:00 - 2:00 segment, and he talks prospects, I think his evaluation skills are a joke. But he brags about loving Charles and wanting to take him. And all these player who turned out good he wanted and those who didn't, he knew it of course.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #1505
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

It's absolutely sad that people listen to the Denver radio for information about the Broncos.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #1506
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Safety can't really upgrade at all over Rahim..?

I really liked your takes until I read that..
Who realistically can be an upgrade, i'm curious.

MAYBE Jimmie Ward.

But that would be a waste.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #1507
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Are their different guys on at different times? Here in Baltimore the sports talk on 105.7 has different guys at different time slots. Each segment has their niche, and Vinny Cerrato former Redskins GM has the 10:00 - 2:00 segment, and he talks prospects, I think his evaluation skills are a joke. But he brags about loving Charles and wanting to take him. And all these player who turned out good he wanted and those who didn't, he knew it of course.
Sandy Clough is pretty good at chopping it up, but now he's on a show with two guys who don't know anything about football.

To give you a hint about Alfred Williams football acumen, he wanted the Broncos to take Lamar Miller in the 1st round in 2012. Plus they always bag on Wolfe which I hate.

Cecil Lammey's podcast (footballguys.com) is pretty cool. He has a local show here on 102.3 FM, which I try to catch sometimes.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:27 AM   #1508
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Alfred Williams was a CU Buff and obviously on the Broncos Championship team, he is paired with D-Mac from 3PM-6PM here locally. Not sure why its sad to listen to talk radio about the Broncos it passes the time while at work and they do have decent insight from time to time, despite everyone here b****ing about them.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #1509
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sandy Clough is pretty good at chopping it up, but now he's on a show with two guys who don't know anything about football.

To give you a hint about Alfred Williams football acumen, he wanted the Broncos to take Lamar Miller in the 1st round in 2012. Plus they always bag on Wolfe which I hate.

Cecil Lammey's podcast (footballguys.com) is pretty cool. He has a local show here on 102.3 FM, which I try to catch sometimes.
I agree Alfred has some crazy opinions on what the Broncos should do, Clough just likes to talk over everyone and dominate conversations...can only take so much of him.

In fairness I hated Elways 2012 draft just as much as anything Alfred was wanting.

Wolfe
Osweiler
Hillman
Bolden
Blake
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 AM   #1510
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Who realistically can be an upgrade, i'm curious.

MAYBE Jimmie Ward.

But that would be a waste.
First and foremost it depends how Moore recovers. I was have had the same stance on him, solid but unspectacular. He's adequate, but he's not any type of difference maker. We are hoping he returns from injury to solid form. But that's not saying much.

I see Dix, Pryor, Ward, and maybe even Buccanon all as upgrades. All have at least the same if not better ball skills, all are more physical, all flashed on tape. Whether that transitions to the NFL is a different story.

I never liked Moore's game when he was coming out of college. I think those 4 are legit upgrades, with others from this class being better players potentially a few seasons down the road.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #1511
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Alfred Williams was a CU Buff and obviously on the Broncos Championship team, he is paired with D-Mac from 3PM-6PM here locally. Not sure why its sad to listen to talk radio about the Broncos it passes the time while at work and they do have decent insight from time to time, despite everyone here b****ing about them.
Yeah Alfread actaully played the sport and watches film that most on here can't get access too.

I don't like the banter but when he wants to talk X's and O's with someone like Stink he has good insight especially on the defensive side of the ball

He was actaully on the Von Miller bandwagon long before the Senior Bowl that year as the 2nd pick and a DT clone

Chris Landry provides a scout's perspective which is interesting as well so to say there is no valid information on Denver sports radio is shortsighted.

Nalen is fun to listen to
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #1512
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

He gives up plenty of catches, but he's tenacious in going after the player. Gronkowski was getting catches before Ward crushed his legs!

Ward is top notch, I love the signing, I just think that just because we signed him doesn't mean we signed our coverage woes, particularly against TEs.
I know Ward isn't a ball hawk but he is solid in coverage especially as SS. Duke was below average to awful. As far as struggling against Gronk there isn't a single safety in the league that could cover him anyways. I didn't watch the game when he was in but he only had 2 catches before getting blown up.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #1513
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I know Ward isn't a ball hawk but he is solid in coverage especially as SS. Duke was below average to awful. As far as struggling against Gronk there isn't a single safety in the league that could cover him anyways. I didn't watch the game when he was in but he only had 2 catches before getting blown up.
Really? I thought he was very good at hawking the ball.
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #1514
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Most strong safeties couldn't, because it's a myth that there are shut down coverage strong safeties. Not to mention the TE is covered a lot of times by a LB.

I think Chancellor could match up with Gronkowski, not deep down the seem, but most other routes.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 AM   #1515
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You must not have watched a Browns game then. There aren't many ball hawking Strong Safeties..
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #1516
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
No he is more of a Pollard mold or Chancellor. He is very good against the run and a little better than average against the pass. Denver was already pretty good against the run and shouldn't need his play clean up as much as Cleveland did. He is way above anything Denver had on roster though.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #1517
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

So tons of people are for Shazier (he's my number one choice)

Is anybody adamantly against him?
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #1518
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't love the idea of Shazier at MLB, I love him on the outside and as a nickel LB.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #1519
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

There's no doubt in my mind that Rahim Moore can be a very good player for the Broncos this year, if he can fully recover from his injury. Last year, he was above average FS in the NFL (top 15). This year, I think he can be top 10.

The only problem is he's an FA after this year. I think he'll command a decent contract, which I'm not sure the Broncos can afford. If the Broncos were ahead of the curve they could draft a Safety high, who could potentially be better than Moore and cheaper in the long run.

Unfortunately, I think they are locked into taking an LB or CB in the 1st, and will probably need to address FS next offseason.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:14 AM   #1520
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

When it comes to MLB I don't get how Mosley is not everyone's first choice if available when we pick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #1521
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I don't love the idea of Shazier at MLB, I love him on the outside and as a nickel LB.
How about Trev at MLB? He's 6'1" 245 lbs., runs about 4.6. Perfect size and speed, great production, currently calls plays, and is a good leader.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #1522
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
First and foremost it depends how Moore recovers. I was have had the same stance on him, solid but unspectacular. He's adequate, but he's not any type of difference maker. We are hoping he returns from injury to solid form. But that's not saying much.

I see Dix, Pryor, Ward, and maybe even Buccanon all as upgrades. All have at least the same if not better ball skills, all are more physical, all flashed on tape. Whether that transitions to the NFL is a different story.

I never liked Moore's game when he was coming out of college. I think those 4 are legit upgrades, with others from this class being better players potentially a few seasons down the road.
Dix or Pryor wont be there, so thats moot.

I do like Bucannon but he's more of a SS than FS.

Ward should be there but WAY too many other needs/depth holes than to take a S who would be lucky to start (CB, DL, WR, RB, OL in no specific order)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #1523
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
When it comes to MLB I don't get how Mosley is not everyone's first choice if available when we pick.
If he's there when we pick, its quite intriguing.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #1524
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I dont love him as an MLB either, but considering we don't have another guy who can play that nickel spot, he's awfully intriguing. I just can't see how he'll be a bad addition. He'll add some serious athleticism to the D, that's never a bad thing.

But yes, I agree with the general sentiment around the board. Every year we try to jimmy an OLB into the middle role, it fails, and then some old (very old) traditional mike gets serious playing time. That said, we could use a guy like Shazier AND a traditional Mike. Kinda thin there.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #1525
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How about Trev at MLB? He's 6'1" 245 lbs., runs about 4.6. Perfect size and speed, great production, currently calls plays, and is a good leader.
I was open to this last year, this is assuming we draft Shazier correct?