The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #1351
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...-draft-provide

What a sloppy ass, poorly written, **** article.
Quote:
But my eye has been on Minnesota defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman, a 6-foot-5, 310-pound beast with flawed techniques, since I gave him one of three slots on my Heisman ballot in December.
Nothing else needs to be said after this.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #1352
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...-draft-provide

What a sloppy ass, poorly written, **** article.
It is Kizla, he sucks at everything.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #1353
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,687

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...-draft-provide

What a sloppy ass, poorly written, **** article.
I dont think he's really wrong.

We do need to have a very good draft.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #1354
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler
 
iforgotmypassword's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Nothing else needs to be said after this.
DT may just be the strongest position on this team. As far as a combination of skill, depth, and youth.

I do like Hageman but wow, if your going to throw something like that out there at least give us a well thought out article.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #1355
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer
 
LikeABoss5820's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,687

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
DT may just be the strongest position on this team. As far as a combination of skill, depth, and youth.

I do like Hageman but wow, if your going to throw something like that out there at least give us a well thought out article.
Well, Vickerson/Unrein are depth.

Knighton is a FA after the year and may or may not be kept, Sly looked good late.

I can understand a DT pick actually.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #1356
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Well, Vickerson/Unrein are depth.

Knighton is a FA after the year and may or may not be kept, Sly looked good late.

I can understand a DT pick actually.
Agreed.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #1357
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Hageman is built like Wolfe and Jackson, except he's slower and doesn't produce. I would be highly surprised if he's picked in the 1st. Tuitt is much better.

Broncos need another 3-tech, like they need a bad case of herpes.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #1358
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 30,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Hageman is built like Wolfe and Jackson, except he's slower and doesn't produce. I would be highly surprised if he's picked in the 1st. Tuitt is much better.

Broncos need another 3-tech, like they need a bad case of herpes.
Hageman did awesome the last two years at Minnesota.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #1359
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

That being said, I really hope Hageman, Jernigan, Nix, and Ford are all picked before #31. Greatly increases the chances for a guy to drop, who could actually start on this team.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #1360
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
That being said, I really hope Hageman, Jernigan, Nix, and Ford are all picked before #31. Greatly increases the chances for a guy to drop, who could actually start on this team.
What positions could a rookie "start" on this team?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #1361
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hageman did awesome the last two years at Minnesota.
I'd expect Hageman to go top 40, with Tuitt going slightly higher.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #1362
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 30,533
Default

The Broncos draft TheReverend, S -- The Orange Mane.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #1363
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
What positions could a rookie "start" on this team?
LB, CB, or LG. With a high preference to LB. High, as in Everest high.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #1364
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

High, as in a giraffe flying a kite on top of Everest high.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #1365
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
LB, CB, or LG. With a high preference to LB. High, as in Everest high.
Who?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #1366
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 30,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What a waste, but it'd be a really fun way to commit suicide.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #1367
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
A really good one?

OL
MLB
CB
DE
RB
Where on the OLine? It depends who our front office has in mind to play and where. I don't think a rookie would be a better solution than competition of what we currently have.

MLB, are you talking a two down thumper or subpackage LB?

CB, not starting over Talib or Harris, could beat out Webster though.

RB, not in a PFM offense.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #1368
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Who?
Shazier or Mosley. Last resort Fuller. If those options are gone, drop a hit of acid and hope Avery Williamson is still on the board when you wake up naked in an irrigation ditch after you've been starting into an empty orange juice bottle all night.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #1369
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Shazier or Mosley. Last resort Fuller. If those options are gone, drop a hit of acid and hope Avery Williamson is still on the board when you wake up naked in an irrigation ditch after you've been starting into an empty orange juice bottle all night.
You think Shazier can play MLB?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #1370
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
You think Shazier can play MLB?
Doesn't matter if he can or not. If he can't, Trevathan can.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-11-2014 at 04:17 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #1371
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
DT may just be the strongest position on this team. As far as a combination of skill, depth, and youth.

I do like Hageman but wow, if your going to throw something like that out there at least give us a well thought out article.
For real, you cannot just say that and leave crickets in your wake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
Well, Vickerson/Unrein are depth.

Knighton is a FA after the year and may or may not be kept, Sly looked good late.

I can understand a DT pick actually.
I want Hageman. I would have no issue with the Broncos taking him if he somehow fell.
My issue was with the nonsense of saying he was technically flawed but he got your Heisman vote.
That statement made no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
What positions could a rookie "start" on this team?
MLB
OG or OC
DE
CB

RB & FS are other possibilities but I doubt they roust the incumbents from their positions.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #1372
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 23,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Doesn't mater if he can or not. If he can't, Trevathan can.
No, NO DAMMIT! NO!
No more damn plug a WLB into the MLB role.
Draft a legit damn MLB and play him.


I'm sorry, that was harsh. But I am tired of watching shouldn't be MLB's out there. Address the damn position correctly already.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #1373
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

As I said to Rev, Lestat.

No rookie is starting at RB or C in a PFM offense. There are going to be 4 combos tried at LG at least that are better than a rookie:
Clark, Franklin, Montgomery, Man Ram

MLB- Mosley otherwise your going with a thumper or a coverage guy in platoon fashion.

CB- Who's beating out Talib/Harris?

RDE- Ware, Q
LDE- Wolfe, Malik

FS I could see.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #1374
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
No, NO DAMMIT! NO!
No more damn plug a WLB into the MLB role.
Draft a legit damn MLB and play him.


I'm sorry, that was harsh. But I am tired of watching shouldn't be MLB's out there. Address the damn position correctly already.
Fast, half-field LB's are all that matter. 3-down MLB's are way too hard to find. You could literally wait 10 years trying to find one like the Broncos have. Slow, mid-round MLB's are liabilities and just not worth the draft pick anymore.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #1375
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,907

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Fast, half-field LB's are all that matter. 3-down MLB's are way too hard to find. You could literally wait 10 years trying to find one like the Broncos have. Slow, mid-round MLB's are liabilities and just not worth the draft pick anymore.
Or you draft one of the fast middle round half field LBs.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Denver Broncos