The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 AM   #1326
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Non Heckert link
...
Jamar Chaney LB - started a full season in Philly and was woeful
Chaney was drafted by the Eagles when Heckert was there.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #1327
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default


UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #1328
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,136
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-a-done-deal/

Report: DeSean Jackson to Redskins a “done deal”
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #1329
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-a-done-deal/

Report: DeSean Jackson to Redskins a “done deal”
He is going to rape in that system. Darren Sharper will be proud.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:10 PM   #1330
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
He is going to rape in that system. Darren Sharper will be proud.
Will anyone remember it the next day?
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #1331
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Will anyone remember it the next day?
Well played.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #1332
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,136
Default

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ins-agree-deal

Safety Ryan Clark to join Redskins
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #1333
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,738
Default

Chris Harris signs tender.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-broncos/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #1334
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Man, that sucks. I was holding out hopes that we would sign him.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #1335
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Man, that sucks. I was holding out hopes that we would sign him.

crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #1336
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 379

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Perfect fit for Jackson....in the NFC and fits thier culture.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #1337
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Man, that sucks. I was holding out hopes that we would sign him.
Why in the world would we want to sign Ryan Clark? He would only be able to play in away games. He can't play in the Mile High air with his medical condition.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #1338
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Why in the world would we want to sign Ryan Clark? He would only be able to play in away games. He can't play in the Mile High air with his medical condition.
It is called sarcasm google it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #1339
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
Why in the world would we want to sign Ryan Clark? He would only be able to play in away games. He can't play in the Mile High air with his medical condition.
luuuuuuuuuuuuuullllz
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #1340
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

DJax officially joins Redskins

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ngton-redskins
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #1341
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,482

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
This signing smells like a Snyder decision.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #1342
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 385
Default

I think this is actually a good signing for the Redskins - living in DC and loving football you can't avoid hearing/watching about the team. I'm not sure how Gruden's new offense will work, but Griffin has a powerful yet inaccurate deep ball - I can see them continuing to utilize naked bootlegs to setup big shots down field like they did the last couple of years. So now instead of Aldrick Robinson running down the field (and that's pretty much all they did with him), they get a true big play threat. I'm happy he isn't in the AFC.

I am also looking forward to the inevitable columns/excitement from the fans where they proclaim that the Redskins will make it to the Super Bowl because they now have Jackson only to watch them implode as usual.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #1343
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Depending on contract details/value of Ayers deal in NYG. The Broncos now have a possible 4 compensatory draft choices for 2015. The final number will depend on who we sign between now and 1st June and how many teams have comp picks (32 max) values.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #1344
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Depending on contract details/value of Ayers deal in NYG. The Broncos now have a possible 4 compensatory draft choices for 2015. The final number will depend on who we sign between now and 1st June and how many teams have comp picks (32 max) values.
Comp pick values? What do you mean?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #1345
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Comp pick values? What do you mean?
Comp picks are ranked from 1-32. If you have a net loss that the NFL deem is below the 32 you do not get a pick for that player.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #1346
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Comp picks are ranked from 1-32. If you have a net loss that the NFL deem is below the 32 you do not get a pick for that player.
Thanks for clearing that up!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #1347
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkythefrog View Post
I think this is actually a good signing for the Redskins - living in DC and loving football you can't avoid hearing/watching about the team. I'm not sure how Gruden's new offense will work, but Griffin has a powerful yet inaccurate deep ball - I can see them continuing to utilize naked bootlegs to setup big shots down field like they did the last couple of years. So now instead of Aldrick Robinson running down the field (and that's pretty much all they did with him), they get a true big play threat. I'm happy he isn't in the AFC.

I am also looking forward to the inevitable columns/excitement from the fans where they proclaim that the Redskins will make it to the Super Bowl because they now have Jackson only to watch them implode as usual.
Griffin may have to clock him to get DeSean to shut up. If there's one guy in the NFL that needs to be KO'd by a teammate it's DeSean Jackson.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #1348
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Ayers deal is 2yrs $4m, so it will be a 7th rd projection at present.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #1349
Flacko
UDFA
 
Flacko's Avatar
 
Rookie

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Mike Williams traded from Bucs to Bills for 6th round pick.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bills-a...ry?id=23192682

Also, Seahawks sign Pete Carroll to 3-year extension.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/pete-ca...ry?id=23186127

Last edited by Flacko; 04-04-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #1350
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,505

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
Mike Williams traded from Bucs to Bills for 6th round pick.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/bills-a...ry?id=23192682

Also, Seahawks sign Pete Carroll to 3-year extension.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/pete-ca...ry?id=23186127
6th round pick? Wow. The Buccaneers REALLY wanted to get rid of this guy. The Bills probably got away with a steal...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Denver Broncos