The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #76
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I would take Sam's in the 4th round over re-signing Ayers.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #77
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Pretty smart move by him to be honest...and not for attention reasons.

It means he knows for sure whatever team drafts him won't care that he's gay. If he waited until after being drafted to announce his homosexuality then there's the chance it would **** his career over.

I can't help but think San Fran is going to draft him in the 4th.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:20 AM   #78
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Shaun Phillips was taken in the #98 overall in the 4th round. I would say Sam projects as a slightly less talented Shaun Phillips. What bothers me, is that he's a 1-year wonder, who's 24-years old.

End of the 4th round is as high as I would take him, though he could get compared to Melvin Ingram due to his size and speed. With a good combine, Sam could easily jump into the 3rd round.

Last edited by pricejj; 02-10-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #79
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I love all the people in here defining normal human behavior by what society accepts and approves of.
or equating normalcy with majority

there are actual accepted definitions for these terms. like, used by real, live professionals. serious I'm not even making it up.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:58 AM   #80
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Imagine, if you were a female volleyball player, right before the season, you announced that you were a lesbian.

Could you help a woman's volleyball team to victory without staring at your teammates butt's for your entire career? Could you be trusted in the lockerroom taking showers with your female teammates? I would give it my best, but all I can imagine is a wolf in a hen house with a bunch of feathers in his mouth.

Pretty darn quickly, I would start asking my teammates out on dates. I couldn't help myself. It kinda sucks, but there's nothing anybody could do about it. If I found a teammate gf, and she started acting up, I would ditch her pretty quick, because there would be so much tail running around. It would be every guy's dream come true. Not sure how good it would be for the rest of the team.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:15 AM   #81
Shananahan
Custom User Title

I was enjoying that post quite a bit until I began to suspect that it wasn't a joke.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #82
extralife
Ring of Famer

indeed
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #83
fankadeo
Rookie

oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Imagine, if you were a female volleyball player, right before the season, you announced that you were a lesbian.

Could you help a woman's volleyball team to victory without staring at your teammates butt's for your entire career? Could you be trusted in the lockerroom taking showers with your female teammates? I would give it my best, but all I can imagine is a wolf in a hen house with a bunch of feathers in his mouth.

Pretty darn quickly, I would start asking my teammates out on dates. I couldn't help myself. It kinda sucks, but there's nothing anybody could do about it. If I found a teammate gf, and she started acting up, I would ditch her pretty quick, because there would be so much tail running around. It would be every guy's dream come true. Not sure how good it would be for the rest of the team.
daaaaaa what?
fankadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #84
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

From a football perspective with Missouri's history of defensive lineman having so much success on Sundays I would run not walk to pick the guy up. Fantastic player and amazing leader who didn't have to do a lot of talking to be one. Model citizen as an NCAA player and one of the best players in the SEC.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:34 AM   #85
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

If he's good and he fits a need on our defense we should at least look and if he really will fit the need draft him. Strategically I actually think drafting him is a win-win for us. We need better defensive players, his statistics seem to indicate he is a good player. We not only get what we need but we have an excellent opportunity to manipulate PR to our advantage. If he's successful in the NFL which is ideal Denver looks brilliant and open and like an organization with no fear who is willing to break boundaries to be successful. If he fizzles we are still that organization because his performance will show up as the cause for his success or failure in the league. In terms of managing our team's reaction, well that is on Elway and Fox and staff to do that. Elway I think can, the others I am not sure, but they have to do that, amongst other things, they have to be accountable for what happens in that locker-room. And finally, the PR either way will be a way to divert discussion from the Super Bowl a bit.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 AM   #86
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

Wtf are you even talking about?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #87
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I applaud this man for standing up and being the 1st. He's literally putting millions of dollars at stake here.

I could give a **** if a player is gay or not though, when it really comes down to it.

You are judged by what you do on the field from my perspective.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #88
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
...you miss the point.

Homosexuality is a NORMAL human behavior. Whether or not YOU find it strange does not make it abnormal as a purely behavioral issue. What you are describing is at best what our society deems normal, and that has NOTHING to do with actual human behavior. In fact, most of our social mores and taboos exist to enforce a standard of behavior which is not aligned with how we actually behave biologically.

Does any act enough humans participate in become normal human behavoir. How many humans have to do it before it becomes normal?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:47 AM   #89
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Unless the player is a star, stud etc, I don't see why any team would take a big chance on the guy. Let some other team deal with it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #90
frozenconcentratedorange
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von's Urine

For anybody worried that drafting him might be a distraction or media circus, quick question.

Without him, what do you think the media focus come next season will be? Will it be positive for the Broncos?

I'd say a distraction might be a good thing this particular year, so if the front office believe he fills a position of need (which we all believe he does), then go for it if the value is there.

Also, while I know nothing about him, this to me indicates a possible high character guy / dependable leader. I might be wrong with that and he might be a dreadful leader, but certainly worth a look
frozenconcentratedorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #91
schaaf
Aint nothin but a G Thang

Abe's giving em the biznez

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Will he be able to stay focused when lining up on the strong side across from a tight end
schaaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:39 AM   #92
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Will he be able to stay focused when lining up on the strong side across from a tight end
Ohhh no you..........hahahaha!!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #93
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A man pickle smooching another man is not normal behavior. I don't care if the Sam guy does it though nor do I care what he does in his off time. He is a pretty good player that could be a steal in the 4th round. He might make the post game shower awkward for some.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #94
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would root for him due to his streak of toughness. I hear he has a mean bone in his body and resembles the tough players of yesteryear like Dick Buttkiss.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #95
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

As cynical as I am about the morality of most NFL execs, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get drafted around where he is projected.

Think of how obsessed the NFL culture is with "legacy." It's the only way they seemed to even talk about Manning this year. Being the coach/GM who helped break this barrier is going to be a feather in the cap of anyone with an open mind. 30 years from now that person and team will always get credit for helping take down that barrier.

That's not a small thing. Add in that most player aren't bothered by it, at least enough to interfere (just look at how the Missouri players reacted this year, voting Sam the team MVP), and I think at least 1/4 of the teams in the NFL would be comfortable making the pick/taking that stand.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #96
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Strahan is gay and it didn't cause a stirrup in the Giants locker room
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #97
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
This article pretty much sums up what I thought teams would be thinking.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...m-draft-stock/

How will news that Michael Sam is gay affect his NFL draft stock?

One former NFL general manager described how Sam's future could play out in the draft room. He said when a team is nine slots away from making a pick, there is typically a declaration in the draft room that six players are being considered. When a team is five spots away, that consideration set is whittled to three.

If Sam is among that group of players, the potential distraction of his presence -- both in the media and the locker room -- could prevent him from being selected.

"That will break a tie against that player," the former general manager said. "Every time. Unless he's Superman. Why? Not that they're against gay people. It's more that some players are going to look at you upside down. Every Tom, Dick and Harry in the media is going to show up, from Good Housekeeping to the Today show. A general manager is going to ask, 'Why are we going to do that to ourselves?'"

The former general manager said that it would take an NFL franchise with a strong owner, savvy general manager and veteran coach to make drafting Sam work. He rattled off franchises like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco, Baltimore and Indianapolis as potential destinations. The former general manager added that a team with a rookie head coach would not be an ideal landing spot.
Anonymous quotes.

****ing pussies.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #98
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
It'll be a circus, we don't need that crap in Denver.
No matter where he goes, he will have the media following him around and it will be a season long headline.
We will be glad to watch from a distance, but not at our own backyard...
I guess I just don't see it that way.

Kerry Rhodes wouldn't discuss whether he was or wasn't, which is what made it a circus. The questions kept coming because he wouldn't answer.

M. Sam has laid all that **** to rest. "I am." They'll ask his teammates, once, and they'll answer, once, and that will be that. Ultimately, it isn't relevant to what happens between the lines on the football field.

This "season-long headline" idea is laughable at best.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #99
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

So you're more animal than human? Good to know, I guess.

Gays: unable to control themselves. Got it.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 AM   #100
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
People find different things appealing to them. It is about appeal for that person. People choose otherwise everyone would like the same thing and would act in the same manner.
Yes you may love kissing women but the type of woman you find appealing likely varies from another guy.
I guess I worded that last sentence wrong. My point was that the simple fact that I don't understand how someone could have those desires to me shows that the homosexual desire or attraction is not a choice.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote