The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #76
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
Guess what folks. Manning is stealing money at this point. The man has millions in the bank, if he really cared he wouldn't demand this $20M cap hit. He would play for probably half that in order to have better team around him.

Fancy stats are just that, fancy stats. They mean nothing ultimately if you can't play your best when the lights are the brightest.

We were in this game mid way thru the second qtr if only the O could have put up a TD instead of a pick 6 the other way.
Would you rather pay 12 to 15 mil for Alex Smith or Sam Bradford for 500 season? Or play roulette with rookies and go 4 to 6 wins?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #77
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Thanks for posting these OP. Is this perhaps where the arm strength comes into play? Seattle had so much speed on defense, a lot of these plays appear open on a screenshot- but when the wobblers come out I could see how several Seattle defenders could key off and come up with several interceptions (which they did).

Some of the seam routes and missed passes seems like they would have taken short laser type throws that PM doesn't seem so good at throwing anymore.
I tend to agree with this. Great work by bpc in this thread, but I don't think guys are neccessarily as open in live action as they appear in a still shot. That and it's hard to know for sure how Manning was disrupted by pressure or what his exact sight line was. That's not to say Manning didn't make some mistakes and miss some throws. He certainly did. But I'm not sure it's as simple as some want to make it here.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I tend to agree with this. Great work by bpc in this thread, but I don't think guys are neccessarily as open in live action as they appear in a still shot. That and it's hard to know for sure how Manning was disrupted by pressure or what his exact sight line was. That's not to say Manning didn't make some mistakes and miss some throws. He certainly did. But I'm not sure it's as simple as some want to make it here.
It is that simple. Manning played horribly. Period.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It is that simple. Manning played horribly. Period.
In the context of his playing "horribly" largely because he was under too much pressure (meaning more than he's accustomed to and/or comfortable with) then yes, perhaps it is that easy.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #80
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I blame it all on the "No Boobies or Butts Rule"
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #81
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It can be argued that the interior clogging got inside Manning’s head. On the failed 4th-and-2 at the end of the first half, the play was designed for Wes Welker down the seam. Welker was open, and check-down target Julius Thomas was uncovered five yards downfield, over the middle. (Given the circumstances, Thomas could have been treated as the primary read on fourth-and-short.) But Manning uncharacteristically fixated on Demaryius Thomas, even though Thomas was clearly running a decoy route on the outside (he hardly even looked for the ball).

Manning did not make many mistakes like this, but he rarely looked comfortable. The extra lurk defender left the Seahawks with only a three-man rush, but that wasn’t a problem because their outside edge-rushers aligned wide enough to still command one-on-one matchups against offensive tackles Chris Clark and Orlando Franklin, who were both consistently bull-rushed into Manning’s lap. (Franklin also struggled with awareness at times.) And on the many occasions when the Seahawks still used their traditional four-man rush, defensive tackles Michael Bennett and Clinton McDonald consistently generated pressure. Manning was hit after several throws and frequently moved off his spot. Pressure was a critical factor that led to both of his interceptions, especially Malcolm Smith’s pick-six, which was a well-designed Broncos deep-shot attempt ruined by Franklin being driven back into Manning.
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/06/kams-t...ldve-been-mvp/
Old 02-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #82
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
In the context of his playing "horribly" largely because he was under too much pressure (meaning more than he's accustomed to and/or comfortable with) then yes, perhaps it is that easy.
Too much pressure being the level of pressure Aaron Rodgers has been playing with his whole career? Yeah I guess.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #83
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Well Tony, I'll say Manning was nothing close to being what I call "being ON". There were so many opportunities he missed by being flustered and locking onto his first read. He was definitely not calm, cool and collected.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #84
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well Tony, I'll say Manning was nothing close to being what I call "being ON". There were so many opportunities he missed by being flustered and locking onto his first read. He was definitely not calm, cool and collected.
name one person including the fans that was
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #85
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Yeesh. Saw this one from the first play of the game:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...check-this-out

The thread got locked pretty quick, too much Peyton-bashing.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 02-06-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #86
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The entire coaching staff and player roster took a dump in that SB and people are crying about one player?? News flash idiots, if manning had played well they still would've lost. The better team won. The more physical team won. The team that didnt think the game was a formality to all the NY SB hype won.

Manning is just one piece of an entire pie of stink.

What I find interesting is a lot of people bashing manning were staunch supporters of Tebow.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #87
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
The entire coaching staff and player roster took a dump in that SB and people are crying about one player?? News flash idiots, if manning had played well they still would've lost. The better team won. The more physical team won. The team that didnt think the game was a formality to all the NY SB hype won.

Manning is just one piece of an entire pie of stink.
Drunken, looking at that endzone shot of the first play, Manning f'd up so bad the end result started right there. Manning didn't have command of anything and they were counting on him to have command. Manning f'd up the FIRST play of the game and continued to do so.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 02-06-2014 at 09:27 PM..
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #88
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Our line was beat by a 3 and 4 man pass rush. I could be wrong but didn't see to many extra te or backs chipping. Ill admit that since it got out of hand fast so did my drinking...after halftime I don't remember much...thank god
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #89
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Gotdang, you can see Moreno snap his head over looking at Manning wondering what the **** are you doing? And then the entire OL blocks down to the right, the LT tries to create a hole for Moreno over LG. Manning looks like a fool. The entire offense other than Manning is running one play, the opening play, and Manning f's it up to the tune of a safety on the first play of the Super Bowl.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #90
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Gotdang, you can see Moreno snap his head over looking at Manning wondering what the **** are you doing? And then the entire OL blocks down to the right, the LT tries to create a hole for Moreno over LG. Manning looks like a fool. The entire offense other than Manning is running one play, the opening play, and Manning f's it up to the tune of a safety on the first play of the Super Bowl.
While I agree this was a terrible play...we should not have crumbled after it. All year it looked like we were nervous. Like we were waiting for the sky to fall. Like the colts game. Like the first game with the pats. Like the sd loss on Thursday night. I thought we were playing better in the playoffs, tho I did get nervous at the end of the chargers playoff game.
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:43 AM   #91
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Peyton did look terrible, but not that many around him played great. But it does seem he missed open receivers and he looked nervous. But even the great ones can be rattled, which was apparent in this game. Hopefully this will help inspire him for next season.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #92
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Drunken, looking at that endzone shot of the first play, Manning f'd up so bad the end result started right there. Manning didn't have command of anything and they were counting on him to have command. Manning f'd up the FIRST play of the game and continued to do so.
At the risk of sounding like a PM apologist, I highly doubt Manning messed anything up on that play. It was most likely simply a communication problem.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...pening-safety/
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #93
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Dear god, people. I already posted it once but I'll post it again. If you're going to comment on this topic please read this short article. If you're going to have an opinion, at least have an informed opinion. At least consider the perspective of a guy who watche the all-22.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/06/kams-t...ldve-been-mvp/
Old 02-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #94
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
At the risk of sounding like a PM apologist, I highly doubt Manning messed anything up on that play. It was most likely simply a communication problem.

That doesn't actually negate his point. Clearly Manning was not in command of the situation. Of course that story once again puts the spotlight on Fox as the real issue.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #95
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

still upset that we missed this opportunity. I wanted SEA to win NFC championship game as i believed SF is not a good match. I felt that SEA offense will struggle against us and our offense between 20-27 points which will be enough for the win.

Next year, we can win the SB..I just hope we get less physical teams like Saints/Packers.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #96
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yep on sound effects last night when PM and Manny were talking Manning said we made the mistake of not going silent count right away.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #97
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Ya know, Tony, that still doesn't make sense. If they didn't hear the snap signal, why did Manny snap the ball, and why did the entire OL move in unison? It seems self-evident looking at the play that they all heard a snap signal . . . .
Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #98
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Ya know, Tony, that still doesn't make sense. If they didn't hear the snap signal, why did Manny snap the ball, and why did the entire OL move in unison? It seems self-evident looking at the play that they all heard a snap signal . . . .
If you watch it closely Ramirez clearly moves before everyone else. They all move upon the ball being snapped and Manny moving. And watch Moreno. He doesn't move until after the O-line moves.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #99
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...X-Safety-First
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #100
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Yup, thanks Gutless. Pretty much confirms what I've been saying.