The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post

UGH damn WIIDDE OPEN.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #52
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yikes. WTF PFM?
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #53
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:

Clark getting pushed back into Manning's face didn't help.

(Somewhat obscured by the overhead camera.)
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #54
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Thanks for posting these OP. Is this perhaps where the arm strength comes into play? Seattle had so much speed on defense, a lot of these plays appear open on a screenshot- but when the wobblers come out I could see how several Seattle defenders could key off and come up with several interceptions (which they did).

Some of the seam routes and missed passes seems like they would have taken short laser type throws that PM doesn't seem so good at throwing anymore.

Another thing- I think our weak schedule killed us in this regard- we had to beat SD and a banged up NE team to get to the SB. The SB probably was the first time in the season we saw a really fast defense that can go side to side and neutralize most of PM's throws.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #55
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Another thing- I think our weak schedule killed us in this regard- we had to beat SD and a banged up NE team to get to the SB.
We very possibly lose to any team in the league if we play like that. Come on now.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #56
whoeey
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salish View Post
Both corners are NOT locked on DT running a curl. Look closely at the inside corner. He's spying Manning, poised and ready to jump the route you're saying he should throw to. Seen Seattle do this all year long. Lots of Ints that way. If Manning lasers it to the sidelines, maybe Decker gets it for no YAC. If not, it's a 50/50 INT. If Manning throws a duck, it could be a pick 6.

This is why Manning gets paid millions and you don't.
Correct! Even a dense person would understand this and the same thing in the second/first picture. The safety is baiting Manning.
whoeey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #57
whoeey
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post

Are you trying to say that Manning didn't have a clean pocket once?
whoeey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #58
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
What's hilarious to me when people use pressure to excuse Manning's collapse is that many QBs throughout their careers have seen that kind of pressure. It didn't stop them from making plays.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 02-05-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #59
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
Hell no!

I can understand him not seeing/progressing to JT on that play because he knew he had to get rid of the ball early.

It wasn't really a long developing play from what I remember. Clemons was through Clark and in Manning's face immediately.

Just an awful performance all around.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #60
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salish View Post
Both corners are NOT locked on DT running a curl. Look closely at the inside corner. He's spying Manning, poised and ready to jump the route you're saying he should throw to. Seen Seattle do this all year long. Lots of Ints that way. If Manning lasers it to the sidelines, maybe Decker gets it for no YAC. If not, it's a 50/50 INT. If Manning throws a duck, it could be a pick 6.

This is why Manning gets paid millions and you don't.
I can post the 5 second stills afterwards and see if you agree.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #61
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Pressure on Clark's side? That is right where he stepped. If anything he should have stepped toward J. Thomas
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #62
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
What's hilarious to me when people use pressure to excuse Manning's collapse is that many QBs throughout their careers have seen that kind of pressure their entire careers. It didn't stop them from making plays.
Yeah, I didn't get this. So, sure they have a good defense. Manning has played in 263 games against good defenses in their prime - Ravens, Steelers, Bears, Patriots and yet he gets completely rattled in this game by this defense?

Never expected it. Thought he was beyond that.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #63
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:

That is what you call a "Passing Lane". QB should slide a little if need be.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #64
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

Guess what folks. Manning is stealing money at this point. The man has millions in the bank, if he really cared he wouldn't demand this $20M cap hit. He would play for probably half that in order to have better team around him.

Fancy stats are just that, fancy stats. They mean nothing ultimately if you can't play your best when the lights are the brightest.

We were in this game mid way thru the second qtr if only the O could have put up a TD instead of a pick 6 the other way.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #65
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
Guess what folks. Manning is stealing money at this point. The man has millions in the bank, if he really cared he wouldn't demand this $20M cap hit. He would play for probably half that in order to have better team around him.

Fancy stats are just that, fancy stats. They mean nothing ultimately if you can't play your best when the lights are the brightest.

We were in this game mid way thru the second qtr if only the O could have put up a TD instead of a pick 6 the other way.
When you consider how much money Manning has made over his career between his football contracts and endorsements there really is something to that. If he really wanted to win a Super Bowl before he retires he would not want to take up 1/6th of our salary cap. His priorities seem to be clear.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #66
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
This one's painful to watch because Manning normally hammers defenses that play like this. Seattle brings a zone blitz with an LB on the A gap, DE dropping against 3 wide. DT looks solo'd up with the single high FS protecting deep center. Manning takes his shot down field into double coverage and sadly, if this is a better pass, DT has a chance to make the play and get down the 15-20 yd line. As it is, once he saw the FS crashing towards DT, with the DE in zone coverage, lost, he should have looked towards Julius who was coming left to right on a in pattern. Could have been a 20-25 yd play on the right sideline that would have put us in FG range for sure.

That was the one that pissed me off. Hold onto it for a half second longer and JT is running free and clear.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #67
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
That was the one that pissed me off. Hold onto it for a half second longer and JT is running free and clear.
JT is already running free and clear in that shot.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #68
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
That's pretty harsh. He's most of the reason we got here. That's why it goes back to coaching in my mind. Yes, Manning obviously struggled, but Fox leans so heavily on Manning being Manning that he didn't have his team ready in any way to help bail him out and turn the tide. The coaching is meek and overly rigid in it's lean on the QB and when that type of game doesn't unfold, they're lost. I honestly believe it wouldn't have taken much.

A turnover (ok, this would have been a player stepping up rather than the coaches), an early aggressive 4th and 2 conversion, a dominant drive committed to the run, a trick play that you haven't put on film all year, some max protect, anything! But no, the coaches (and really the players too) didn't react and just watched him struggle when the game plan that clicked all year was ineffective.
Ok, but riddle me this. How does a HOF qb with all the skills, talent, and experience miss this type of stuff. I gotta be honest, the fact the DT set a record for receptions in the game shows that Manning was simply locked and loaded on him the entire game, he ignored everyone else.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #69
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
JT is already running free and clear in that shot.
If I remember this right from live action he let it go when JT was on the other side of the LB, at the hash
Old 02-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #70
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
Ok, but riddle me this. How does a HOF qb with all the skills, talent, and experience miss this type of stuff. I gotta be honest, the fact the DT set a record for receptions in the game shows that Manning was simply locked and loaded on him the entire game, he ignored everyone else.
Agreed. Manning is not the type of QB to force-feed a single receiver. The fact that he did that clearly indicates how off he was.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #71
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
When you consider how much money Manning has made over his career between his football contracts and endorsements there really is something to that. If he really wanted to win a Super Bowl before he retires he would not want to take up 1/6th of our salary cap. His priorities seem to be clear.
He will restructure .. he did it three times in Indy to keep Edge, Harrison, and get FA.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #72
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post

That's a serious charge towards Manning. Just in it for the money? Yikes.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #73
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
That's a serious charge towards Manning. Just in it for the money? Yikes.
Yeah I don't think you come back from 4 neck surgeries just for the money. Not worth the risk, as stated , he does not need the money.

So his salary is $15,000,000 million next year with a cap hit of $17,500,000.

Name:  FireShot Screen Capture #051 - 'Peyton Manning Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions' - .png
Views: 406
Size:  23.7 KB

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...eyton-manning/
Old 02-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #74
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Manning is an average QB when he gets hit couple of times in a game.
He doesn't go through his progressions.
The key is knock him early. the same thing happened during jags game.
luckily, their players couldn't play for complete 60 minutes.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #75
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram40ut View Post
It's amazing how some slapstick armchair OC can go back and look at film and THINK they know which plays are winners or not. For instance, on the 1st pick, did anyone notice that Julius never looked up until the ball was being picked off?

The offensive line was on wheels from the frst play, they got totally and utterly dominated. The receivers got no separation, the defense couldn't get off the field, the secondary was a step slow, and special teams were not special. The play that the OP says Decker was wide open, was probably not open from Peyton's perspective. All week long before and after the New England game, all you heard from the media was how they had so many people injured, while I have yet to hear anything from the media about how many starters Denver lost. It wouldn't have made a difference in this game, because Pete Carroll motivate his team and has me ready. Fox, I'm not sure what he does, but he obviously didn't have this team ready to play.

This game does not fall on Peyton. He struggled mightily for sure, but after that first snap over his head, Seattle smelled blood and swarmed like a pack of rabid dogs. Nobody was going to beat them Sunday, nobody. Utter domination. Have we heard Fox come out say the game was on him as much as anybody. Maybe he has, and I haven't heard it, because I can't bare to watch anybody else trash Peyton.

There was as much if not more pressure on him to beat Brady three weeks ago that not was Sunday, but he didn't choke. It's easy to sit back when your butt hurt because your team lost, but how DT get a pass. They finally get something going, and he's out there carrying the ball like a loaf of bread, as was Julius. They have done it all year long. He'll yes he struggled, but he hasn't see a pass rush since the 2nd chargers game. How about a little in game adjustment when it's obvious the pass rush was killing them upfront. If not for him, this team never makes the playoffs. It falls on John Fox. That guy is not a leader, a motivator, or gam planer. He has been propped up by Peyton Manning. I told you guys back during the Indy game, that I watched as Tony Dungy and the rest of the teams, organization, fans, and their own shifty eyed water boy stood around with their collective finger stuck up their ass waiting for Peyton to bail them out. There is no leadership on this team, and an even worse sense of urgency. It's pathetic, and the same thing wil happen again. Next year.
The game was 8-0 when PEYTON OVERTHREW JT.......that led to he Seahawks 1st TD. At 15-0 we had a nice drive going until Franklin gets beat and PEYTON FORCED A PASS that was intercepted and returned for a TOUCHDOWN making it 22-0. That effectively ENDED ANY CHANCE WE HAD FOR A SUPER BOWL COMEBACK.

I didn't expect PEYTON F'ing MANNING to have the pocket presence of Jake Plummer in the 2006 AFCCG but that's PRECISELY what we got.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote