The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #151
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
How about a couple of dark-horse candidates.

A) Fire BOTH Fox and Del Rio. Both of them are re-treads anyway.

B) Promote Eric Studesville to Head Coach, and ask him to make Keith Burns Denver's new DC.

I thought Studesville did a great job as Interim Head Coach after McStalin was sent packing, and he seems to have a personality more like Pete Carroll and less like Shannyham or Fox or Del Rio.

And Keith Burns knows how to lay on the wood and give 100% on every single freakin' play!
Mr. Armchair, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #152
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Elway has been yelling as his voice was really hoarse. In fact, since he isn't a coach and just a GM he must of been yelling a lot. Anytime a GM yells that much its hard to see somebody not being fired or leaving. Fox is not empathetic in demeanor at all and Elway is. Something is up in Bronco land.

We would be crazy to let Del Rio walk and keep Fox. Del Rio is "that guy" in terms of firery head coach.
Coldcity76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #153
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcity76 View Post
Elway has been yelling as his voice was really hoarse. In fact, since he isn't a coach and just a GM he must of been yelling a lot. Anytime a GM yells that much its hard to see somebody not being fired or leaving. Fox is not empathetic in demeanor at all and Elway is. Something is up in Bronco land.

We would be crazy to let Del Rio walk and keep Fox. Del Rio is "that guy" in terms of firery head coach.
I think Del Rio's HC term this season showed a team less fiery than with John Fox. I dunno.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #154
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Or he has a cold
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #155
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:

YES SIR..... I have been screaming the same thing...I posted yesterday that I am so sure of it that IF I was wrong and they didn't become world champions under Del Rios tenure this coming season that I would buy 20 posters season tickets.....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #156
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:

I just watched the press conference with Elway and Fox and Elway IS NOT PLAYING AROUND....tell ya what those 31 other NFL teams better watch out cause hearing the tone of Elway hell is coming for em with the devil in tow
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #157
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
I think Del Rio's HC term this season showed a team less fiery than with John Fox. I dunno.
Well from my perspective I saw Del Rio chew out Danny T on the sideline and when he took over likely could not change the culture to his style.

But I will tell you that my family knows jack growing up and he and his family are firery for sure. He's quiet until you screw up and then he's all over it.

Last edited by Coldcity76; 02-05-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #158
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Or he has a cold
No way man. That is from yelling. A cold won't make you that hoarse his voice was cracking.

You didn't think Elway was yelling after the game but he did in a preseason blowout?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #159
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
I just watched the press conference with Elway and Fox and Elway IS NOT PLAYING AROUND....tell ya what those 31 other NFL teams better watch out cause hearing the tone of Elway hell is coming for em with the devil in tow
Sounded like he wasn't playing around after the Seattle preseason game as well. I guess this time, he's REALLY not playing around.

Watch out!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #160
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Well from my perspective I saw Del Rio chew out Danny T on the sideline and when he took over likely could not change the culture to his style.

But I will tell you that my family knows jack growing up and he and his family are firery for sure. He's quiet until you screw up and the he's all over it.
that's because Del Rio is not worried about being a players coach....and unlike Fox he DOES NOT make excuses he owns it...I know Fox will be the HC next year but I don't believe he will have as much free rein as he did this year...
Old 02-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #161
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
that's because Del Rio is not worried about being a players coach....and unlike Fox he DOES NOT make excuses he owns it...I know Fox will be the HC next year but I don't believe he will have as much free rein as he did this year...
I think it might be true that Fox returns with limited coaching ability. I just hate that we have to keep this guy in a playpen.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #162
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
I think it might be true that Fox returns with limited coaching ability. I just hate that we have to keep this guy in a playpen.
I thought about it for awhile after I watched the press conference and this is why I think Elway is going to keep him there limited coaching yes I agree with you. Elway talked about the window its a window both for Peyton and the organization to win the SB. he knows Peyton is the best shot that they have...with that said Elway wants the players coach to a degree the market on coaches right now well not much to choose from so Elway likes the results not all but some of the results he gets from Fox BUT HE KEPT STRESSING DEFENSE I FORESEE DEL RIO MOVING MORE TO THE FOREFRONT then Gase and Peyton doing more with the offense and Fox more like the cheerleader and Elway calling the shots in the headset on when to challenge and all that stuff
Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #163
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Lose a Super Bowl and everyone overreacts. Fox isn't going anywhere. Guy has done a great job getting rid of the McDouchebag fail. Calm the **** down people, it will be ok.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #164
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
Lose a Super Bowl and everyone overreacts. Fox isn't going anywhere. Guy has done a great job getting rid of the McDouchebag fail. Calm the **** down people, it will be ok.
that's what they said in North Carolina too
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #165
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Agree. Half the starting defense and our all pro left tackle out and we made the super bowl.

We laid an egg, it's disappointing for sure. But keep it in perspective.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #166
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Elway understands the fans pain. Rest of them(including manning) are playing for money. they don't have any pride.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #167
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another seattle player making a statement that our players gave up.

When it's a beatdown of that magnitude, an opposing teams HC saying " we felt we could beat the crud out of those guys " players saying the team just gave up. Our players saying seattle wanted it more. That's on the coaches mentality and atmosphere he brings to the team. Not too ****ing shabby is not good enough.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 02-05-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #168
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
that's what they said in North Carolina too
Not even close to a comparison. He didn't just lose a Super Bowl, he went 2-14 the final year. Not to mention he did a complete 180 on this sucky McDouche team and turned them into a respectable winner. Keep on reaching.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #169
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not even close to a comparison. He didn't just lose a Super Bowl, he went 2-14 the final year. Not to mention he did a complete 180 on this sucky McDouche team and turned them into a respectable winner. Keep on reaching.
Manning and Elway did that. You think Fox goes to the playoffs this year without manning? No way. They come in 3rd in AFC west and miss the playoffs this year without him.

Fox has no authority to bring in personnel so the McDaniel stink was swept clean by Elway and his scout teams, along with Sullivan and Russell.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #170
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Elway understands the fans pain. Rest of them(including manning) are playing for money. they don't have any pride.
you should get to know your quarterback....and listen to your GM... Peyton does not play for money...pride mmmm that's really to bad that you say that
Old 02-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #171
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
that was point to the post I was responding to
Old 02-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #172
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Manning and Elway did that. You think Fox goes to the playoffs this year without manning? No way. They come in 3rd in AFC west and miss the playoffs this year without him.
Clearly the coach have absolutely nothing to do with the team. They're just there to do pres-conferences and yell at players when things go bad.

Get out of here with that Manning and Elway bull****. Head coach has just as much to do with a team winning and losing as the players. If he didn't have anything to do with success of the team, then he has nothing to do with the failure either. Fire Manning and Elway, if you want to win a Super Bowl so badly. According to you they are the only ones that have anything to do with the team.

Oh, and lets not forget the Playoff win with Tebow. Clearly Manning did all that.

Get NO credit when he wins, get all the blame when he loses. Got it.

Last edited by HILife; 02-05-2014 at 09:25 AM..
Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #173
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like Foxy. I really do.

But everyone giving him so much credit for where we are... it reminds me of that scene in Elf where Walter's team needs the best idea of their careers to save all their jobs and all they come up with is "We Bring in Miles Finch!"

Does anyone really believe Foxy's really responsible for the insane offensive output?

Totally against everything Foxy's built around. I guess you could give him credit for flexibility. But he's nothing like a driving force with this current team. He's along for the ride.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 02-05-2014 at 09:26 AM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #174
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Sounded like he wasn't playing around after the Seattle preseason game as well. I guess this time, he's REALLY not playing around.

Watch out!

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #175
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Another seattle player making a statement that our players gave up.

When it's a beatdown of that magnitude, an opposing teams HC saying " we felt we could beat the crud out of those guys " players saying the team just gave up. Our players saying seattle wanted it more. That's on the coaches mentality and atmosphere he brings to the team. Not too ****ing shabby is not good enough.
On radio today Vic Lombardi said one veteran player was "disgusted" with the teams attitude prior to and after the game. Laissez faire is the phrase he used.

This teams mental issues supersedes any positional/tactical issues
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote