The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #126
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
How about a couple of dark-horse candidates.

A) Fire BOTH Fox and Del Rio. Both of them are re-treads anyway.

B) Promote Eric Studesville to Head Coach, and ask him to make Keith Burns Denver's new DC.

I thought Studesville did a great job as Interim Head Coach after McStalin was sent packing, and he seems to have a personality more like Pete Carroll and less like Shannyham or Fox or Del Rio.

And Keith Burns knows how to lay on the wood and give 100% on every single freakin' play!
Yeah great idea. Bring in the guy who was responsible for the worst special teams unit in the league this year to be your DC. You are such a special special kind of stupid.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #127
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Yeah great idea. Bring in the guy who was responsible for the worst special teams unit in the league this year to be your DC. You are such a special special kind of stupid.
Hang on, that's an great plan.

Well, if you are a Seahawk fan and want to weaken the competition.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #128
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Hang on, that's an great plan.

Well, if you are a Seahawk fan and want to weaken the competition.
But he always tackled hard on punt returns!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #129
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You will know before then. If they don't give Fox an extension this off-season it will be clear that Elway is not sold on Fox as the long-term solution. If they do give Fox an extension, it will become to clear, to me at least, that I was right about Elway when they hired him. I really hope that doesn't happen.
What exactly were you possibly right about in regards to Elway when the hired him? What specifically? Just so, you know, we have another one of your amazing takes really spelled out here for posterity.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #130
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
Would love to upgrade to a badass coach (frankly I think Fox deserves a disproportionate share of the blame) BUT...who would actually be an improvement?

I'm looking for specific names of coaches that could improve the team next year.
AGAIN...DAN QUINN...DC of the Seahawks!!
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #131
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
What exactly were you possibly right about in regards to Elway when the hired him? What specifically? Just so, you know, we have another one of your amazing takes really spelled out here for posterity.
When we hired him I saw it as cronyism and did not think he had the qualifications. He's made the Broncos much better since taking the job so I recanted that. But if he extends that ****ing loser coach after this travesty of a Super Bowl I will be convinced that he just got lucky and that he really doesn't have a clue about building a championship team.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #132
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Enter...

Head Coach Bill Romanowski
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #133
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Fox is fine, will get extended and the people who dislike him will continue to complain.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #134
Bronco Yoda

Like it or not there's no way Elway is going to change HQ's while they're doing PFM's swan song. And I'm sure JDR would walk if he was passed over.

Maybe the best we could hope for is for Elway to start channeling a little dark lord himself.... Al Davis. i could see John in a jogging suit and matching golf cart glaring throughout the practices waving a cattle prod.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #135
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Enter...

i know this is a joke, but i would actually love it if the team hired him as a Strength and Conditioning coach or consultant in that area.

say what you want about the guy as a human being, but he was always extremely prepared to play, always in phenomenal conditioning, loves the game and knows his **** when it comes to strength and conditioning
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:29 AM   #136
whoeey
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i know this is a joke, but i would actually love it if the team hired him as a Strength and Conditioning coach or consultant in that area.

say what you want about the guy as a human being, but he was always extremely prepared to play, always in phenomenal conditioning, loves the game and knows his **** when it comes to strength and conditioning
PEDS tend to do that. See seabuzzards
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #137
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

Absolutely not. He is borderline psycho. Just because you are a fiery player means nothing. So was Mike Singletary and he is as simple as white paint.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #138
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:

if we hire ****ing romo as a strength coach I'm pretty sure the league would just assign a piss test guy to camp in our locker room every day
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #139
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if we hire ****ing romo as a strength coach I'm pretty sure the league would just assign a piss test guy to camp in our locker room every day
Romo never once tested positive for anything banned by the league. he took supplements by the fistful without question, but he was vigilant in knowing what was in them and if or when the league banned a certain ingredient in those supplements he stopped using them.

he stayed ahead of what the league was mandating and was always in great shape without suffering numerous injuries like this team seems to have on an annual basis.

does no one else find it odd, that almost every season we are amongst the teams with the highest number of injuries? something in that aspect needs to be done. and considering that one of the only constants on the team is Greek, he should be the guy looking out for the axe.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:22 AM   #140
whoeey
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Elway acted like the defense was stellar. WTF over.

I agree with Fox on the D. I'm not a Fox homer but did anyone in this thread hear what Elway said? I agree with DRC, maybe johnny boy was livin it up to much to check on the team. Sure looked like he was coming off a week long bender
Old 02-05-2014, 04:06 AM   #141
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Dan Reeves took us to three SBs before getting fired.
Not even a good comparison. A few years had passed by. Reeves put his ego in the way and tried to eject a HOF QB that had carried Reeves teams to the SB. Reeves lost his mind at the end - Tommy Maddox and was losing the team. We saw this repeat itself in a similar manner with Shanahan. Fortunately, Pat Bowlen recognized what was going on.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #142
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
A trade's not going to happen, but I'd PayPal bet $1000 that no NFL team would give up two 1st round draft picks for Von Miller right now. Maybe a dumpster fire team would give up two 2nds. Maybe a team would pony up a low 1st round pick, but I think a lot of Bronco fans are underestimating just how much his stock has dropped. And I'm as big a Von fan as you'll find on this board.

A year ago at this time, I would have laughed at this particular conversation. Not now. I recognize what a game dominator Von is but there are thoughts in my head that if I could get significant value would I go for it. I just don't know where Von's head is. I would love to know what he has been doing/thinking watching his team go to the SB and him not contributing at all. I know the injury is the reason but it would still eat at a real competitor. Is Von a real competitor? Or is he a young, talented player who has made some poor decisions who is not focused.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:15 AM   #143
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
Elway acted like the defense was stellar. WTF over.

I agree with Fox on the D. I'm not a Fox homer but did anyone in this thread hear what Elway said? I agree with DRC, maybe johnny boy was livin it up to much to check on the team. Sure looked like he was coming off a week long bender
John didn't allude to that at all. He basically said they hung in there and gave the Broncos a chance to recover and get back into the game. Just listened to the presser. Didn't really pick up on the tension between Elway and Fox.

He obviously had cold/congestion issues.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:18 AM   #144
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Enter...

WOW. He would be a human quote machine. If you thought Josh was bad......
Old 02-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #145
whoeey
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
John didn't allude to that at all. He basically said they hung in there and gave the Broncos a chance to recover and get back into the game. Just listened to the presser. Didn't really pick up on the tension between Elway and Fox.

He obviously had cold/congestion issues.
Sometimes sarcasm is lost, sometimes not.

How would Fox know that his defense would be a complete whiff? Don't have to go over game film, just watch any sports outlet.

Elway acted like the defense kept the O in long enough to make a move, did he not? Dagnamit, I was coached to play the entire game. I think Elway was the dick. You win SB by keeping the opposing offense from scoring more than you, not by keeping them in the game.

If seebuzzards had beat us 10-8 (Elway seemed to be fine with that) then he could say PFM lost the game. I thought Elway was childish and maybe he needs to be reminded of his career, I think Fox done a fine job of that
Old 02-05-2014, 04:55 AM   #146
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:

How would Fox know that his defense would be a complete whiff? Don't have to go over game film, just watch any sports outlet.

Elway acted like the defense kept the O in long enough to make a move, did he not? Dagnamit, I was coached to play the entire game. I think Elway was the dick. You win SB by keeping the opposing offense from scoring more than you, not by keeping them in the game.

If seebuzzards had beat us 10-8 (Elway seemed to be fine with that) then he could say PFM lost the game. I thought Elway was childish and maybe he needs to be reminded of his career, I think Fox done a fine job of that
I think you are over reacting. In context, I agree with what Elway was trying to say. Offensively, it started out bad. The defense kept points off the board in the redzone early giving the offense a chance to right the ship when things looked terrible.

He knows as well as anyone that the Bronco defense was not going to win the Superbowl. We were going to have to put points on the board. The offense covered the weakness of the defense (with 5 significant injuries) all season long. If the offense didn't perform against the Seattle defense the game outcome was a foregone conclusion. Elway knew it.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #147
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post

"Fox, tough year. You lost Von Miller to suspension and then ACL, lost Vickerson to a hip injury, Rahim Moor could have died, Clady to LF, Champ to LF who is also old, Harris tore his ACL, oh and Wolfe started having seizuers. And you! You nearly died on us and had to have open heart surgury. But the last straw was getting us to the Super Bowl and losing so badly. I mean, it started bad, then it looked like you were missing key players everywhere. You clearly need to go."

-John Elway
I agree, Dwight, people around here are idiotic MOST of the time. Elway should cut Manning too!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:11 AM   #148
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
Not even a good comparison. A few years had passed by. Reeves put his ego in the way and tried to eject a HOF QB that had carried Reeves teams to the SB. Reeves lost his mind at the end - Tommy Maddox and was losing the team. We saw this repeat itself in a similar manner with Shanahan. Fortunately, Pat Bowlen recognized what was going on.
Denve rlost the AFC Champiosnhip game to Buffalo in 1991. Reeves was fired in 1992.

Denver losing SBs had nothing to do with Bowlen firing him. Reeves wanting to trade Elway for a first round draf pick and Mark Rypien is why he was fired.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:14 AM   #149
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:

I have to disagree.

Seattle would've scored in the 60's if not for those early defensive stops.

Sure, maybe if the soon to be former Bronco Robert Ayers keeps contain on Wilson on Seattle's first couple drives, they force punts instead of FG's, but the offense totally imploding is what lost the Super Bowl.

Last edited by WolfpackGuy; 02-05-2014 at 05:16 AM..
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:23 AM   #150
CEH
Ring of Famer

The Seattle Defense outscored the Denver offense. End of story on where the blame lies

Once the game was over after the first play of the 2nd half, the def checked out
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote