The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #101
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Monica was hot??
compared to Hillary she probably looked like super model
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #102
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
a guy who just led a team to a super bowl berth with Von gone the majority of the season, Champ gone the majority of the season and when he returned was a shadow of his former self, our all pro LT gone for the season, our line shuffling guys around because of injury, our best DT on IR, our best safety on IR and nearly dying, Harris on IR, Wolfe gone at the end of the year, and oh yeah, Fox himself nearly ****ing died is suddenly a trash coach that needs to be on the lookout for the axe?

he's a players coach is true. but he is a players coach who had a lot of his best players not available to him.

this team even with the high school JV defense is still the best in the AFC. You reload that defense with money saved by letting some guys go and restructuring others, pray for a better year in regards to injuries(maybe get rid of Greek and bring in someone more modern) and give it another go next season.
don't see any other choice...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #103
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

How about giving Singletary another shot. Or, steal from Seattle and hire Dan Quinn or Ken Norton Jr.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #104
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

I like the Singletary idea
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #105
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Other than the entertainment value of dropping trou, Singletary was a disaster.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #106
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

There are only two good answers, IMO... Well three... Maybe four...

1) Stay the course. Keep John Fox, and do everything you can to plug the leaks with the players. Keep Del Rio at all costs.

2) Fire John Fox, and approach Mike Shanahan about steering the ship into port. Keep Del Rio at all costs. Do not do this option if it costs us Del Rio.

3) Fire John Fox and promote Del Rio to Head Coach.

4) Do number two, but hire - man I hate this option - Brian Billick.

5) Do number two, but hire John Gruden.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #107
extralife
Ring of Famer

is Bill Billick the unknown love child of Brian Billick and Bill Belichick?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #108
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Peyton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore won last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

Bottom line. We played like crap. They played better. I do not think we lose a best of seven against those clowns.

Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 02-04-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #109
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

1) Stay the course. Keep John Fox, and do everything you can to plug the leaks with the players. Keep Del Rio at all costs.

2) Fire John Fox, and approach Mike Shanahan about steering the ship into port. Keep Del Rio at all costs. Do not do this option if it costs us Del Rio.

www.bringbackshanny.com
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #110
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Doing a number 2...
Not too shabby.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #111
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

I don't know if Shanny can really put his ego aside and let Elway be his boss. Shanny isn't necessarily the best motivator and he hasn't shown an ability to adapt to a different system and he'll likely bringing his guys (Slowik) while losing Del Rio and Gase.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #112
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:

Gruden is overrated because he took Dungy's perennial playoff caliber team and beat his former team in the Super Bowl. He got credit for both teams. His own Tampa Bay teams were mediocre after that. But he's proven he can steer a ship into port.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #113
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Payton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore wonf last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

Bottom line. We played like crap. They played better. I do not think we lose a best of seven against those clowns.
Shannon Sharpe would beg to differ with you. He says we could play Seattle 10 times and lose all ten. We are too one dimensional and depend too much on a single individual on offense. We don't have a legitimate threat in the run game, so SEA didn't respect that part of the offense at all. Until we fix this problem, we will continue to be exposed when it really matters.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #114
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Fox has done nothing other than ride the coattails of the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time to division titles. And anyone who give him credit for the Tebow season is an idiot. He wanted to stick with Orton.
@Agamemnon has hit the nail on the head. Fox hasn't really done anything other than leverage a HOF QB for the last two years. Sure, he was brought in to bring some stability to a sinking organization after the scorched earth policy of his predecessor, Josh "Stalin" McStalin.

But he never embraced Tebow (the fans forced his hands), and his Ultra-Mega Conservative brand of coaching and game planning just isn't going to cut it anymore. Thanks for stabilizing the ship, Fox, but it's time for you to move on.

Gregg Easterbrook's "Sour Play of the Game" in TMQ was Fox's decision to punt on 4th and 2 in the 1st quarter:

"Denver's record-setting offense opened the game with a goofy safety, but the Broncos' defense held Seattle to a field goal following the free kick. So it's Bluish Men Group by 5-0. No problem for the highest scoring team in NFL annals. Denver took possession, advanced to fourth-and-2 on its 43 -- and punted. What good is the highest-scoring offense in NFL history if the Broncos are afraid to try on fourth-and-short from midfield?"

That decision is ALL on Fox.

Trust me, Fox needs to go. He's not someone who can take Denver to the next level.
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #115
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Payton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore won last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

Their defense was so dominant that we didn't get a first down until the 2nd quarter. Eric Decker had 1 catch for 6 yards. We scored 8 points and that was during Orton time. They punished our receivers so badly that Demaryius separated his shoulder and the other receivers stopped selling out because they got hit so hard and so often. Knowshon Moreno had 17 yards on 5 carries before getting knocked out of the game. Montee Ball had 6 carries for a yard. What exactly about their defense bending us over a pinball machine makes you think we'd beat them in the majority of the times we play? If anything I thought it was a devastating indictment of the finesse style of offense we run. I hope you're right man, but that's sure as hell not what I saw.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #116
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been. After we lost to San Francisco 55-10, Reeves was finished here. It just took another 8-8 season for Bowlen to fully realize it.
And drafting Maddox with the idea of trading Elway.

Fox will be here one more year. It's too late to start the coach search. He was hired because at that time there was no one available and I see Elway canning him after this next season, especially after the bonehead moves against Baltimore and the SB. Elway's too competitive to keep putting up with this.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #117
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Shanny: he'll want Manning moving laterally which is what has been needed all season. And reduce his release time.
Billick: he'll scrap the linebacker crew we have sim DannyT and get us a decent backfield on defense
Gruden: he'll take too long for a SB win
Fox: NO ONE WAS EXCITED ABOUT THIS HIRE TO START WITH...so easy come easy go.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #118
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Doing a number 2...
Not too shabby.
I see what you did there.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #119
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Sign me up for #3.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #120
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nothing worse than a bronco fan spelling Peyton wrong.

Then calling out other fans. Smh.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #121
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

How about a couple of dark-horse candidates.

A) Fire BOTH Fox and Del Rio. Both of them are re-treads anyway.

B) Promote Eric Studesville to Head Coach, and ask him to make Keith Burns Denver's new DC.

I thought Studesville did a great job as Interim Head Coach after McStalin was sent packing, and he seems to have a personality more like Pete Carroll and less like Shannyham or Fox or Del Rio.

And Keith Burns knows how to lay on the wood and give 100% on every single freakin' play!
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #122
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Shannon Sharpe would beg to differ with you. He says we could play Seattle 10 times and lose all ten. We are too one dimensional and depend too much on a single individual on offense. We don't have a legitimate threat in the run game, so SEA didn't respect that part of the offense at all. Until we fix this problem, we will continue to be exposed when it really matters.
I don't think we are that one dimensional. We played a bad bad bad game. It is in our ability to play better on offense. An intact O Line would have helped. I don't think we give enough credit to what we accomplished with what we had left at the end of the season.

Last edited by Drunk Monkey; 02-05-2014 at 04:46 AM..
Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #123
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Their defense was so dominant that we didn't get a first down until the 2nd quarter. Eric Decker had 1 catch for 6 yards. We scored 8 points and that was during Orton time. They punished our receivers so badly that Demaryius separated his shoulder and the other receivers stopped selling out because they got hit so hard and so often. Knowshon Moreno had 17 yards on 5 carries before getting knocked out of the game. Montee Ball had 6 carries for a yard. What exactly about their defense bending us over a pinball machine makes you think we'd beat them in the majority of the times we play? If anything I thought it was a devastating indictment of the finesse style of offense we run. I hope you're right man, but that's sure as hell not what I saw.
It's not what I saw in that game either. We got killed all around. No question. Having said that I think we can adapt to a situation. So many are acting like we are a team that lucked into the SB. We punched ourselves in the mouth with the first play of the game and played shelled shocked from that point on. Yes they played great. But we played so far below what we are accustomed to. Do you think that was their best effort against our best effort?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #124
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

For me, no to all, especially number 2. About hyperventilated seeing that. One of the worst times in franchise history and we want to move backwards. Hell, no. Thank heavens he and Elway aren't on the best of terms.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:04 PM   #125
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think the only option, really, is to ride out the next year with John Fox and hope for the best. After listening to the press conference, I'm convinced John Elway has come to this conclusion as well.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote