The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default Elway took the loss harder than fox

how messed up is that

the suit takes it harder than the coach

John Fox's days are numbered in this town
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

I agree
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Maybe from a fan viewpoint but he's going nowhere under Bowlen and Elway unless health gets the better of him.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fox's answer for something that he could have done differently from play calling perspective was atrocious. He danced around the question, then borrowed a line that Elway had used previously without actually giving an answer to the legitimate and fair question. Elway did not looked pleased. I agree, his days are numbered. He's a players coach, one they want to play hard for, but John Fox does not give us a competitive advantage.
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #5
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Maybe from a fan viewpoint but he's going nowhere under Bowlen and Elway unless health gets the better of him.
We will see how next season plays out. I'm not buying this.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
If Elway gives him an extension after what just happened that will tell us a lot about his real expectations and goals. I won't ever believe the "our goal is to win championships" line again.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
We will see how next season plays out. I'm not buying this.
You will know before then. If they don't give Fox an extension this off-season it will be clear that Elway is not sold on Fox as the long-term solution. If they do give Fox an extension, it will become to clear, to me at least, that I was right about Elway when they hired him. I really hope that doesn't happen.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I'd like to believe it, but I think you guys are reading between the lines a little too much.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If Elway gives him an extension after what just happened that will tell us a lot about his real expectations and goals. I won't ever believe the "our goal is to win championships" line again.

"Fox, tough year. You lost Von Miller to suspension and then ACL, lost Vickerson to a hip injury, Rahim Moor could have died, Clady to LF, Champ to LF who is also old, Harris tore his ACL, oh and Wolfe started having seizuers. And you! You nearly died on us and had to have open heart surgury. But the last straw was getting us to the Super Bowl and losing so badly. I mean, it started bad, then it looked like you were missing key players everywhere. You clearly need to go."

-John Elway
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Dmac reporting there appeared to be some tension between the two in the press conference. Hard to argue. Not to kick dirt on Fox here, but what has he done in Denver? I'd give him credit for year 1, but that was all Tebow and Allen. When Fox had Orton in the game, we were 1-4. In year 2, Elway got Manning signed. Not Fox. ELWAY. The team rolled to the #1 seed and the team blew it in round 1 up 7 on a hail mary. In year 2, Denver overcomes to do the same the following year and the team looks epicly overmatched in the super bowl as we get smoked.

The team needs a difference maker on the sideline, don't have one.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post

"Fox, tough year. You lost Von Miller to suspension and then ACL, lost Vickerson to a hip injury, Rahim Moor could have died, Clady to LF, Champ to LF who is also old, Harris tore his ACL, oh and Wolfe started having seizuers. And you! You nearly died on us and had to have open heart surgury. But the last straw was getting us to the Super Bowl and losing so badly. I mean, it started bad, then it looked like you were missing key players everywhere. You clearly need to go."

-John Elway
Fans are pissed he's not showing any passion at all. You'd hardly know we got embarrassed in the Super Bowl listening to him talk.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #12
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Would love to upgrade to a badass coach (frankly I think Fox deserves a disproportionate share of the blame) BUT...who would actually be an improvement?

I'm looking for specific names of coaches that could improve the team next year.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #13
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Dmac reporting there appeared to be some tension between the two in the press conference. Hard to argue. Not to kick dirt on Fox here, but what has he done in Denver? I'd give him credit for year 1, but that was all Tebow and Allen. When Fox had Orton in the game, we were 1-4. In year 2, Elway got Manning signed. Not Fox. ELWAY. The team rolled to the #1 seed and the team blew it in round 1 up 7 on a hail mary. In year 2, Denver overcomes to do the same the following year and the team looks epicly overmatched in the super bowl as we get smoked.

Fox has done nothing other than ride the coattails of the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time to division titles. And anyone who give him credit for the Tebow season is an idiot. He wanted to stick with Orton.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
Would love to upgrade to a badass coach (frankly I think Fox deserves a disproportionate share of the blame) BUT...who would actually be an improvement?

I'm looking for specific names of coaches that could improve the team next year.
Dan Quinn would make a lot of sense honestly, but there are never any guarantees with first time head coach hires. If you want guarantees you are **** out of luck when it comes to football.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #15
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Fox has done nothing other than ride the coattails of the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time to division titles. And anyone who give him credit for the Tebow season is an idiot. He wanted to stick with Orton.
I'd hardly call Delhomme the greatest regular season QB of all time.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I'd hardly call Delhomme the greatest regular season QB of all time.
That was ten years ago on a different team. How exactly is it relevant?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #17
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
You will know before then. If they don't give Fox an extension this off-season it will be clear that Elway is not sold on Fox as the long-term solution. If they do give Fox an extension, it will become to clear, to me at least, that I was right about Elway when they hired him. I really hope that doesn't happen.
He will get an extension. It doesn't mean because of it Fox is a lifer Bronco coach.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #18
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
That was ten years ago on a different team. How exactly is it relevant?
You said "all he accomplished..."

He took a Delhomme led team to two NFC Championship games and a Superbowl. That tells me he is capable of accomplishing things with a somewhat crappy QB.

He still needs to win one, and I am pissed with the latest effort, and especially the "not too shabby" comment, but let's not act like he's Mr. MaGoo just blindly stumbling into great situations. He's played his part in the team's successes, as well as failures.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #19
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
He will get an extension. It doesn't mean because of it Fox is a lifer Bronco coach.
It means that they plan to keep him around for more than one more season, and likely more than that. Firing coaches on the front end of contracts is very costly.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

John Fox looks like Bill Clinton. We need an upgrade.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #21
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
It means that they plan to keep him around for more than one more season, and likely more than that. Firing coaches on the front end of contracts is very costly.
Costly? So what. The Denver Broncos have fired coaches before.

While you may not like it, Fox will get an extension.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #22
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_diesel View Post

-John Elway
bingo./
JFE knows better than anyone who wasn't a buffalo bill, the sting of losing the big game.
JFE will do the right thing regarding fox and everything else that isn't names Brock.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
John Fox looks like Bill Clinton. We need an upgrade.
can he play the sax ?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Imagine if Shanahan agreed to come back under Elway as GM? That would be an odd arrangement.

(this post created solely to get SoCal all atwitter )
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post

who do you recommend to replace Fox?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote