The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #151
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
the broncos had the #2 defense in the league in 2012. Injuries + miller's suspension killed that unit this year even though most would argue that it was better on paper with guys like phillips and drc. Just getting guys healthy will be a big step towards improving that unit. Moreso than just bringing in one extra fa.
Im on your alls side believe it or not and I do agree with ya on what you are saying... I just hope that the right choices are made because this coming year with the tight window is the time frame...Peyton is more likely to return to defend the championship...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #152
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Losing Doom started the defensive slide. Then Miller, then Vickerson, then Wolfe, then Harris, lol it was a ridiculous year for injuries.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #153
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Losing Doom started the defensive slide. Then Miller, then Vickerson, then Wolfe, then Harris, lol it was a ridiculous year for injuries.
could we have won it with them in the game is the question...I know its something that we will never know...but that Hawks defense that played in the SB they were not the same team I had seen before true Broncos either but that DEFENSE WAS JUST DOMINATE
Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #154
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
could we have won it with them in the game is the question...I know its something that we will never know...but that Hawks defense that played in the SB they were not the same team I had seen before true Broncos either but that DEFENSE WAS JUST DOMINATE
Broncos could play the Hawks again and it wouldn't turn out the same. It's just how football is. You can blow a team out one week and lose to them 4 weeks later. I have seen it happen tons of times.

I don't if having those players makes a difference. You could have those players and lose worst, or win. That is how sports go.

But for sure having our pass rushers from the yr before could have made a big difference.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #155
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Remember all it takes is one big hit on a QB and that can turn a game around. Broncos have got to not depend on Miller. They need to go out and sign at least 2 pass rushers this offseason.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #156
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Broncos could play the Hawks again and it wouldn't turn out the same. It's just how football is. You can blow a team out one week and lose to them 4 weeks later. I have seen it happen tons of times.

I don't if having those players makes a difference. You could have those players and lose worst, or win. That is how sports go.

But for sure having our pass rushers from the yr before could have made a big difference.
I still think spending money on the defense is the answer. Im getting backlash for saying if Deker wants to much let him go. hes good but SO IS EVERYBODY THAT PLAYS WITH PEYTON he can make stars out of anybody. Defense is where we will win the championship. Miller I like but after last year I cant say that he wont stay out of trouble and I don't think Miller can carry the team. he had Dummerville and well that's who we need to still back or something like him
Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #157
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Decker just not good enough to sign if it means no pass rushers for the front 7. In the NFL you win by scoring and getting to the other teams QB.

We can replace decker easier then we can find pass rushers IMO.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #158
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yeah, that's a good point. Look at the Cacks vs the Niners. I mean part of it was the home/away thing. But after being completely shelled, the Niners came back and beat them at home and then almost knocked them off back in Seattle in the playoffs.

Seattle's well built to beat us. But once they've unloaded, you start figuring out how to deal with what they have.

I think in our case, they'll figure out that protecting Manning is the most important thing they can worry about on offense.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #159
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, that's a good point. Look at the Cacks vs the Niners. I mean part of it was the home/away thing. But after being completely shelled, the Niners came back and beat them at home and then almost knocked them off back in Seattle in the playoffs.

Seattle's well built to beat us. But once they've unloaded, you start figuring out how to deal with what they have.

I think in our case, they'll figure out that protecting Manning is the most important thing they can worry about on offense.
This was my point about Clady he adds meat. if need be unload Decker put meat on the line theres the offense,,,DEFENSE wins championships...meat rules dugh..
Old 02-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #160
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, DT certainly didn't get "shut down". And my hunch is that Decker had Sherman on him a lot and Manning mostly stayed away or didn't have time to target him.
He didnt catch anything until the game was out of hand. Otherwise known as garbage time. Difference between decker and thomas though is the speed factor. Decker wont be outrunnibg anybody
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #161
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The more I think about Decker the more I think just let him walk unless we get a home team discount. Sign a guy like Maclin who has some serious upside, and then resign Caldwell on the cheap.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #162
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Demaryius Thomas may have been the AFC champs’ number-one receiver overall, but Decker was right behind him in catches (87 to Thomas’ 92), yards (1,288 to Thomas’ 1,430), yards per catch (14.8 to 15.5), and touchdowns (11 to 14). Peyton Manning had two amazing receivers in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne when he was in Indianapolis, and it’s not out of line to see Decker as Wayne to Thomas’ Harrison. Decker would be the most prolific receiver on most teams.

Decker has said he wants to return to the Broncos, but reports indicate the team will let him test the open market. Denver has two Thomases — Demaryius and tight end Julius — coming up on contract years, and there’s always the question of what this offense will look like when Peyton Manning retires. The team may believe it needs to allocate its resources elsewhere, which would make Decker a lead-pipe number-one receiver — in role and in contract value.
http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/06/nfl-off...orylines-2014/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #163
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
I still think spending money on the defense is the answer. Im getting backlash for saying if Deker wants to much let him go.
If you go back and read the reponses to you, I think you'll find that nobody is doing this. The backlash you are getting is for specific posts saying that "Manning doesn't trust Decker, etc."

Really go back and read the responses. NOBODY is saying "sign Decker at all costs/no matter the costs/etc." Most are fine with letting him go and, of those most wanting him back, none are advocating doing so for market value. It's hometown discount or nothing.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #164
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
The more I think about Decker the more I think just let him walk unless we get a home team discount. Sign a guy like Maclin who has some serious upside, and then resign Caldwell on the cheap.
I actually think Caldwell could fill in for Decker and it wouldn't be that big of a downgrade. Meanwhile, maybe we could big up a big possession receiver for cheap, if that's even possible anymore- probably would have be a flyer from late rounds of the draft.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #165
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
He didnt catch anything until the game was out of hand. Otherwise known as garbage time.
So.....2nd quarter?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote