The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #126
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
9 catches in week 2 and 8 in week 3
keep digging read the rest of em
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #127
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
keep digging read the rest of em
5
5
5
8...

Your posting is laughably wrong
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #128
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
5
5
5
8...

Your posting is laughably wrong
not at all....dude in the beginning of the YEAR EVERYBODY was on Decker don't tell me they were not BECAUSE THEY WERE GO BACK AND READ....if Decker was so valuable then the Broncos would not let him teat free agency now would they...by the way HOW MANY DID HE DROP....thank u
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #129
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
not at all....dude in the beginning of the YEAR EVERYBODY was on Decker don't tell me they were not BECAUSE THEY WERE GO BACK AND READ....if Decker was so valuable then the Broncos would not let him teat free agency now would they...by the way HOW MANY DID HE DROP....thank u
Before KC: Decker averaged 5.44 catches per game

KC-End of Season: Decker averaged 5.43 catches per game

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/gamelogs

Not only is this laughably stupid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
did you forget about early season he didn't even throw to Decker cause he didn't trust him...none of us did,,,he didn't start playing really until the KC game think about it
But it's also factually backwards
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #130
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,480
Default

Would anyone have a problem with a 5 yr, $30.77 million contract with 12 million guaranteed?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #131
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
not at all....dude in the beginning of the YEAR EVERYBODY was on Decker don't tell me they were not BECAUSE THEY WERE GO BACK AND READ....if Decker was so valuable then the Broncos would not let him teat free agency now would they...by the way HOW MANY DID HE DROP....thank u
I don't recall Decker having that many drops. He disappeared for stretches at a time, but not sure that he had an abundance of dropped passes


they are letting himt test free agency to gauge the interest level, wouldn't be surprised by either result at the end of the day
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #132
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Would anyone have a problem with a 5 yr, $30.77 million contract with 12 million guaranteed?
I'm close to OK with that, seems a TAD bit high....close though
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #133
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Before KC: Decker averaged 5.44 catches per game

KC-End of Season: Decker averaged 5.43 catches per game

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/gamelogs

Not only is this laughably stupid:



But it's also factually backwards
ABSOLTELY IT IS NOT....do want a guy that can make plays or do you want a guy that you have to close your eyes everytime the ball is thrown to him and hopes he catches...hes more concerned about looking for flags then anything...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #134
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
not at all....dude in the beginning of the YEAR EVERYBODY was on Decker don't tell me they were not BECAUSE THEY WERE GO BACK AND READ....if Decker was so valuable then the Broncos would not let him teat free agency now would they...by the way HOW MANY DID HE DROP....thank u
You know they could still sign him leading up to FA.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #135
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,369

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I'm close to OK with that, seems a TAD bit high....close though
I'd be great with it, but I think he'll get more.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #136
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'd be great with it, but I think he'll get more.
actually looking at some of the base salaries around the league its not bad...its unreal how many guys are being overpaid

yes, he will get more than that
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #137
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I don't recall Decker having that many drops. He disappeared for stretches at a time, but not sure that he had an abundance of dropped passes


they are letting himt test free agency to gauge the interest level, wouldn't be surprised by either result at the end of the day
right. Im not anti Decker I actualy like him BUT Im looking at the big pic and yes he had good games but if they can get a guy that can be more consistent then by all means... he disapprearred because Peyton DID NOT TRUST HIM
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #138
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

wonder how big of a hit Hakeem Nicks' value took this year...I'd be more inclined to pay him than Decker
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
ABSOLTELY IT IS NOT....do want a guy that can make plays or do you want a guy that you have to close your eyes everytime the ball is thrown to him and hopes he catches...hes more concerned about looking for flags then anything...
What does that have to do with your post?

To answer your newly-manufactured-to-deflect-from-being-wrong question, I don't want anyone currently on the team to wear O&B ever again.

This is a men's game. Not a millionaire-quitter's game.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #140
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I don't recall Decker having that many drops.
Tied with a bunch of guys with 7 drops (tied for 5th highest). Welker had 10 (tied for 2nd) and DT had 8 (tied for 4th). Our good friend Brandon Marshall led the league with 12.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #141
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
... he disapprearred because Peyton DID NOT TRUST HIM
2nd most targeted Broncos WR behind DT. Deck had 137, DT 143. Welker was a distant 3rd at 110.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #142
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Tied with a bunch of guys with 7 drops (tied for 5th highest). Welker had 10 (tied for 2nd) and DT had 8 (tied for 4th). Our good friend Brandon Marshall led the league with 12.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
Drop stats are misleading since the more targets a receiver has, the more likely it is he's going to drop a few. It would be more helpful when judging a receiver's hands to know the percentage of catchable targets that he dropped.

EDIT: I see from your link they have those numbers in the far right columns. That's more helpful than just the total number of drops.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #143
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What does that have to do with your post?

To answer your newly-manufactured-to-deflect-from-being-wrong question, I don't want anyone currently on the team to wear O&B ever again.

This is a men's game. Not a millionaire-quitter's game.
this is the point...in the beginning of the year EVERYBODY was on Decker..he was dropping balls just not into the game ... everybody tuned pro Decker in he KC game its a fact.... what I am saying I like Decker but I want them to win A SB more and if the money he demands is the same as a stronger player wheither that be a passer or runner sign the other player...Peyton can work with anybody...and yes its true Decker wasn't in some of the games par say because Peyton did not trust him....ITS A FACT....there was a thread earlier in the year ON EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #144
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

it pains me when people just can't admit it when they are wrong.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #145
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,789

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
this is the point...in the beginning of the year EVERYBODY was on Decker..he was dropping balls just not into the game ... everybody tuned pro Decker in he KC game its a fact.... what I am saying I like Decker but I want them to win A SB more and if the money he demands is the same as a stronger player wheither that be a passer or runner sign the other player...Peyton can work with anybody...and yes its true Decker wasn't in some of the games par say because Peyton did not trust him....ITS A FACT....there was a thread earlier in the year ON EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING
I don't think you know what a fact is.

Again, these are facts:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/gamelogs
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #146
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
it pains me when people just can't admit it when they are wrong.
so if they sign him again then when he drops passes there should be no complaining and if they replace him and win it all no one should cheer...cant have it both ways
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #147
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
so if they sign him again then when he drops passes there should be no complaining and if they replace him and win it all no one should cheer...cant have it both ways
7 drops out of 137 targets isn't that horrible.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #148
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
so if they sign him again then when he drops passes there should be no complaining and if they replace him and win it all no one should cheer...cant have it both ways
help.....seek it
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #149
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
7 drops out of 137 targets isn't that horrible.
no its not and that's not what I am saying... I am saying if we can get it done without him and freeing up that money for the defensive side WHICH WE ARE GOING TO NEED IN ORDER TO WIN IT ALL THEN BY ALL MEANS LETS DO WHAT IT TAKES....all of a sudden there seems to be this coming of Decker groupies that's all good and well but that does not help us defensively WHERE CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE WON
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #150
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
but that does not help us defensively WHERE CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE WON
the broncos had the #2 defense in the league in 2012. Injuries + miller's suspension killed that unit this year even though most would argue that it was better on paper with guys like phillips and drc. Just getting guys healthy will be a big step towards improving that unit. Moreso than just bringing in one extra fa.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Denver Broncos