The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #126
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, DT certainly didn't get "shut down". And my hunch is that Decker had Sherman on him a lot and Manning mostly stayed away or didn't have time to target him.
He didnt catch anything until the game was out of hand. Otherwise known as garbage time. Difference between decker and thomas though is the speed factor. Decker wont be outrunnibg anybody
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #127
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

The more I think about Decker the more I think just let him walk unless we get a home team discount. Sign a guy like Maclin who has some serious upside, and then resign Caldwell on the cheap.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #128
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Demaryius Thomas may have been the AFC champs’ number-one receiver overall, but Decker was right behind him in catches (87 to Thomas’ 92), yards (1,288 to Thomas’ 1,430), yards per catch (14.8 to 15.5), and touchdowns (11 to 14). Peyton Manning had two amazing receivers in Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne when he was in Indianapolis, and it’s not out of line to see Decker as Wayne to Thomas’ Harrison. Decker would be the most prolific receiver on most teams.

Decker has said he wants to return to the Broncos, but reports indicate the team will let him test the open market. Denver has two Thomases — Demaryius and tight end Julius — coming up on contract years, and there’s always the question of what this offense will look like when Peyton Manning retires. The team may believe it needs to allocate its resources elsewhere, which would make Decker a lead-pipe number-one receiver — in role and in contract value.
http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/06/nfl-off...orylines-2014/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #129
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
I still think spending money on the defense is the answer. Im getting backlash for saying if Deker wants to much let him go.
If you go back and read the reponses to you, I think you'll find that nobody is doing this. The backlash you are getting is for specific posts saying that "Manning doesn't trust Decker, etc."

Really go back and read the responses. NOBODY is saying "sign Decker at all costs/no matter the costs/etc." Most are fine with letting him go and, of those most wanting him back, none are advocating doing so for market value. It's hometown discount or nothing.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #130
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The more I think about Decker the more I think just let him walk unless we get a home team discount. Sign a guy like Maclin who has some serious upside, and then resign Caldwell on the cheap.
I actually think Caldwell could fill in for Decker and it wouldn't be that big of a downgrade. Meanwhile, maybe we could big up a big possession receiver for cheap, if that's even possible anymore- probably would have be a flyer from late rounds of the draft.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #131
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
He didnt catch anything until the game was out of hand. Otherwise known as garbage time.
So.....2nd quarter?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote