The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Down 15-0, the O finally started moving the ball.

Then the Beadles legsweep. Then the WTF Tamme screen.

KM had a solid run to get us back into FG range and a more-makeable 3rd and long when Manning completely **** the bed with the pick-6.

What should've been 15-3 at worst was now 22-0.

Next drive we drive to within field goal range, but because 22-0 is so much more desperate than 15-3, we go for 4th and 3.

Should've been 15-6 at half, even though we played like complete ****. Prater probably kicks the ball out of the EZ like normal to start the 2nd half. Completely different game.

But as to the thread topic, Decker had one target in the 1st half for 0 yards. Disappointing. But he tended to be streaky all year. Then again I'm under no illusion that we'll find someone better in FA.

Love to have him back cheap. But not if it costs us any of the upgrades we desperately need at OL, LB or FS, oh and CB.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 02-05-2014 at 09:07 AM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #77
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
truth is I think Decker is already gone its just a matter of formality....Elway to me sees another Tebow in him...yeah he has some good games but when it comes down to it he has nothing to offer when it comes to a World Championship team...now before all of ya all start bashing PEYTON WALKED INTO THE BRONCOS ORGANIZTION WITH A SUPER BOWL RING AND THE MVP so....
Wow.

Words.

They fail me.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #78
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Decker had over 600 yds and 8 TDs in 2011......with Tebow "throwing" him the freaking ball, and yet he's no more than a 700 yd receiver with ANY OTHER QB in the league throwing him the ball? Please.

He's clearly not a 1500 yd receiver with any old guy throwing him the ball, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL who can get more than 100 yds more out of him than Tim Tebow did. Let's pump the brakes a little on that argument.

For a guy like Decker, the QB is less important that the receiving weapons around him. It's pretty clear that he can produce well on a team with a top 10 #1 WR taking away the opponent's best DB. He's no #1, but he's one of the better #2s in the league.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #79
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wow.

Words.

They fail me.
gotta look at it for what it is...
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #80
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Decker had over 600 yds and 8 TDs in 2011......with Tebow "throwing" him the freaking ball, and yet he's no more than a 700 yd receiver with ANY OTHER QB in the league throwing him the ball? Please.

He's clearly not a 1500 yd receiver with any old guy throwing him the ball, but there are plenty of guys in the NFL who can get more than 100 yds more out of him than Tim Tebow did. Let's pump the brakes a little on that argument.

For a guy like Decker, the QB is less important that the receiving weapons around him. It's pretty clear that he can produce well on a team with a top 10 #1 WR taking away the opponent's best DB. He's no #1, but he's one of the better #2s in the league.
Denver needs to invest their long-term money at WR in Demaryius Thomas and at TE with Julius Thomas. Bring back Caldwell as a guy who knows the system and can produce if Decker leaves. We still have Welker next year. Getting a WR that is cheaper or through the draft (Jordan Matthews) would allow us better cap options for the pinnacle players on our team and give us flexibility for the future.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #81
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Denver needs to invest their long-term money at WR in Demaryius Thomas and at TE with Julius Thomas. Bring back Caldwell as a guy who knows the system and can produce if Decker leaves. We still have Welker next year. Getting a WR that is cheaper or through the draft (Jordan Matthews) would allow us better cap options for the pinnacle players on our team and give us flexibility for the future.
Different argument. I'm not arguing for bringing Decker back or not.

All I'm doing is pointing out how ridiculous it is for some here to say that Decker is no more than a 700 yd receiver with any other QB in the league, when he literally did that with the worst passing QB in the history of the league.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #82
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,886

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Offer Decker a 4mil/year contract and see if he takes it.
I think our group of receivers are great, they complement each other well...
We need some freakin' players in the secondary like nobody's business, we need some pass rusher and speed at the first and second level of our defense...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #83
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Different argument. I'm not arguing for bringing Decker back or not.

All I'm doing is pointing out how ridiculous it is for some here to say that Decker is no more than a 700 yd receiver with any other QB in the league, when he literally did that with the worst passing QB in the history of the league.
Yeah, that is pretty crazy.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #84
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Different argument. I'm not arguing for bringing Decker back or not.

All I'm doing is pointing out how ridiculous it is for some here to say that Decker is no more than a 700 yd receiver with any other QB in the league, when he literally did that with the worst passing QB in the history of the league.
but his money is not worth it when his PLAY can be duplicated by a lesser PAID player ....that money needs to go elsewhere....that's like going to see 2 attorneys 1 is a free consultation and paying the other and they give you the same advice
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #85
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
but his money is not worth it when his PLAY can be duplicated by a lesser PAID player ....that money needs to go elsewhere....that's like going to see 2 attorneys 1 is a free consultation and paying the other and they give you the same advice
Yeah, you can just pull in 1,300 yards off the street.

Is there a #2 in the league that had that many?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #86
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, you can just pull in 1,300 yards off the street.

Is there a #2 in the league that had that many?
dude really ? there is enough on the o line without Decker ya add Clady next year then ya get a power runner hell yeah it makes up for Decker....you want 1300 yards or do you want a super bowl win
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #87
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
dude really ? there is enough on the o line without Decker ya add Clady next year then ya get a power runner hell yeah it makes up for Decker....you want 1300 yards or do you want a super bowl win
Lolz. I'm not the person you want to be telling how great our OL is right now. And Clady was already a question mark for me at the salary he's commanding. Not that I think there's much they can do at this point.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #88
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Lolz. I'm not the person you want to be telling how great our OL is right now. And Clady was already a question mark for me at the salary he's commanding. Not that I think there's much they can do at this point.
we all lost...we can sit around and do the would of could of and should of all day but at the end of the day it is what it is...its time we pull our butts off the ground and get back to it...if getting rid of Decker or whoever helps this team become world champions then Im sorry to say they need to get to stepping...nothing is going to change the past one can only learn adjust and adapt to make the future brighter....
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #89
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
but his money is not worth it when his PLAY can be duplicated by a lesser PAID player ....that money needs to go elsewhere....that's like going to see 2 attorneys 1 is a free consultation and paying the other and they give you the same advice
Did you even read my post?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #90
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Did you even read my post?
did I read it wrong ?
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #91
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
we all lost...we can sit around and do the would of could of and should of all day but at the end of the day it is what it is...its time we pull our butts off the ground and get back to it...if getting rid of Decker or whoever helps this team become world champions then Im sorry to say they need to get to stepping...nothing is going to change the past one can only learn adjust and adapt to make the future brighter....
Heh.

2014 Broncos Championship Action Plan

1. Boot Eric Decker
2.
3. Hoist Lombardi

And I never said we should keep Deck at any cost. Just noting the reality that any realistic substitutes will likely downgrade the talent and production of the position. Whether commensurate improvement can be made in other areas to make up for that loss is an open question.

Anyway, you do realize we're just fans, right? "Would of could of and should of" is kinda the name of our game.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #92
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Heh.

2014 Broncos Championship Action Plan

1. Boot Eric Decker
2.
3. Hoist Lombardi

And I never said we should keep Deck at any cost. Just noting the reality that any realistic substitutes will likely downgrade the talent and production of the position. Whether commensurate improvement can be made in other areas to make up for that loss is an open question.

Anyway, you do realize we're just fans, right? "Would of could of and should of" is kinda the name of our game.
I do and I agree but after that loss and watching the press conference I think a lot of what is being said here is actual truth in what is gong to be done...fans or not we are invested too
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #93
Desi
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 25

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
dude really ? there is enough on the o line without Decker ya add Clady next year then ya get a power runner hell yeah it makes up for Decker....you want 1300 yards or do you want a super bowl win
You are assuming that Clady will come back at the level he was before the injury. That's not a safe bet. On top of that even with Clady I am not sure the O-line would have been a good match for the speed and explosiveness of the Seahawks' line and linebackers. Whether it's natural talent, great coaching, or PED's, those dudes can MOVE. The Bronco's O-line is going to need an upgrade to contend with that. Manning was so rattled that he completely messed up his reads and missed guys who were open. The status quo is not going to get you where you want to be.
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #94
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
You are assuming that Clady will come back at the level he was before the injury. That's not a safe bet. On top of that even with Clady I am not sure the O-line would have been a good match for the speed and explosiveness of the Seahawks' line and linebackers. Whether it's natural talent, great coaching, or PED's, those dudes can MOVE. The Bronco's O-line is going to need an upgrade to contend with that. Manning was so rattled that he completely messed up his reads and missed guys who were open. The status quo is not going to get you where you want to be.
something has to give because if not then why are they even going to bother to play next year......I just either am in deep denial or something cause I refuse to believe that they WILL NOT ONLY LEARN FROM THIS BUT THEY WILL INDEED WIN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT YEAR... Im all in for whatever they can do to make this happen
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #95
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,560

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
did I read it wrong ?
Right after I wrote this to someone else: Different argument. I'm not arguing for bringing Decker back or not.

you replied to me as if I was doing just that.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #96
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Right after I wrote this to someone else: Different argument. I'm not arguing for bringing Decker back or not.

you replied to me as if I was doing just that.
sorry babe... I AM JUST SOOOOO FREAKING PIST OFF and THE NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO FIX THIS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 49 is driving me crazy
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #97
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
but his money is not worth it when his PLAY can be duplicated by a lesser PAID player ....that money needs to go elsewhere....that's like going to see 2 attorneys 1 is a free consultation and paying the other and they give you the same advice
Start naming a lesser paid free agent wide receiver that can do what Decker did this season? We have 3 damn good wide receivers and throw in Thomas at TE gave us a deadly unit.

I am not saying he deserves #1 money but don't throw him under the bus like it is so easy. If we don't have him on our team next season, there will be a drop at that spot unless we pay and get a #1 wide receiver to take his place.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #98
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,565

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Start naming a lesser paid free agent wide receiver that can do what Decker did this season? We have 3 damn good wide receivers and throw in Thomas at TE gave us a deadly unit.

I am not saying he deserves #1 money but don't throw him under the bus like it is so easy. If we don't have him on our team next season, there will be a drop at that spot unless we pay and get a #1 wide receiver to take his place.
I wish I could name one I can only say what I know and that is Peyton can work with anybody. If we can keep Decker great but I would rather spend that money to WIN THE SUPERBOWL then worry about Decker and if hes going to make that play or drop it or better yet look for flags
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #99
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,570

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Start naming a lesser paid free agent wide receiver that can do what Decker did this season? We have 3 damn good wide receivers and throw in Thomas at TE gave us a deadly unit.

I am not saying he deserves #1 money but don't throw him under the bus like it is so easy. If we don't have him on our team next season, there will be a drop at that spot unless we pay and get a #1 wide receiver to take his place.
They were pretty shabby on Sunday, with the exception of DT.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #100
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 6,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

If Decker wants to get paid, he will. If he gives Denver a Home town discount then he will probably stay. But his self marketing is indicative that he is going to be all about the money, in which case he will probably not be in Denver next year. Sucks , but that is the situation.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Denver Broncos