The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!
Default Report: Broncos Will Let Eric Decker Test Free Agency

Denver views him as #2 and doesn't want to lose him, per reports.

Sorry but he frustrates me with his drops and trips on blades of grass.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That blog also mentions how Denver is working on an extension for Fox. FML
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #3
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Yeah... Extending Fox. He should be on the hot seat right now.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
That blog also mentions how Denver is working on an extension for Fox. FML
yeah, how dare the guy who washed the taint of McDaniels from the locker room who is the only coach in franchise history with 3 consecutive division titles get locked up. yes the team blew it in the super bowl, but that doesn't take away from what he has accomplished.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
yeah, how dare the guy who washed the taint of McDaniels from the locker room who is the only coach in franchise history with 3 consecutive division titles get locked up. yes the team blew it in the super bowl, but that doesn't take away from what he has accomplished.
he won a watered down afc west in 2011, and if you honestly believe the coach was a key factor in denver winning in 2012 and 2013 with peyton manning, I don't know what to tell you. Jack Del Rio wins in 2012 and 2013 as well, and don't think anyone is declaring he's a great head coach.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
he won a watered down afc west in 2011, and if you honestly believe the coach was a key factor in denver winning in 2012 and 2013 with peyton manning, I don't know what to tell you. Jack Del Rio wins in 2012 and 2013 as well, and don't think anyone is declaring he's a great head coach.
i'm not proclaiming them great coaches by any stretch of the imagination. i am simply pointing out they are solid coaches and not the trash many are making them out to be.

add in, name me a coach who would do a better job and is available, not washed up, has experience, and is a proven winner.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #7
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Fox's teams are 8-5 against the spread in the playoffs. His teams usually play at a higher level than they did in the regular season. He almost beat the Pats in the Super Bowl during the Spygate dynasty. That's why it's so weird this team didn't show up. The Broncos were not in the game for the first time in Fox's career at Denver.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 AM   #8
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
I love Fox BUT I DONT THINK HE HAS THE KILLER EXTINCT... you know what they say about where nice guys finish....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 AM   #9
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Fox's teams are 8-5 against the spread in the playoffs. His teams usually play at a higher level than they did in the regular season. He almost beat the Pats in the Super Bowl during the Spygate dynasty. That's why it's so weird this team didn't show up. The Broncos were not in the game for the first time in Fox's career at Denver.
But to be honest there was a difference EVEN in the pose between Fox and Carol. Carol came out READY TO COACH Fox was just to laid back....a tone of ANY GAME IN ANY SPORT starts with the coach and rolls on down the line and well we seen what happened with that...
Old 02-04-2014, 04:46 AM   #10
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
But to be honest there was a difference EVEN in the pose between Fox and Carol. Carol came out READY TO COACH Fox was just to laid back....a tone of ANY GAME IN ANY SPORT starts with the coach and rolls on down the line and well we seen what happened with that...
Pete Carroll is an overrated 62 year old "rah-rah" college coach with only 4 winning seasons in the NFL. He cheats his way to a couple of college championships even though a better coach would have won more championships with those illegal teams.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #11
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Pete Carroll is an overrated 62 year old "rah-rah" college coach with only 4 winning seasons in the NFL. He cheats his way to a couple of college championships even though a better coach would have won more championships with those illegal teams.
I cant argue with that BECAUSE YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT...from the beginning of the game it felt uncomfortable....in truth we need a hard nosed coach and Fox is just not that. Everybody loves Fox myself included BUT in sports love only gets ya so far... WE ALL LOVE THIS TEAM well look where we are...on the losing end... if indeed Fox comes back which he will he best understand hes not there to make friends hes there to get the job done, he can be nice guy off the field not during the game....
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #12
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I cant argue with that BECAUSE YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT...from the beginning of the game it felt uncomfortable....in truth we need a hard nosed coach and Fox is just not that. Everybody loves Fox myself included BUT in sports love only gets ya so far... WE ALL LOVE THIS TEAM well look where we are...on the losing end... if indeed Fox comes back which he will he best understand hes not there to make friends hes there to get the job done, he can be nice guy off the field not during the game....
No doubt, and all experience is good even if it had bad results, even if it teaches us what not to do in Phoenix next year. It teaches us how to be better prepared if we're lucky enough to get back to the Super Bowl. I want to keep the core of this team together. That one loss may have made them even better.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #13
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Pete isn't really a hard nosed coach though. Neither in Jim Harbaugh... they're both players coaches.

Harbaugh is a bit more intense but NOT with his players. Of the 4 teams remaining in the playoffs, 3 teams had players coaches...Patriots were the only team that had an X and O's type coach. John Fox is what'd I'd consider a players coach. JDR is a hard nosed coach, look how he turned out.

I can't really pinpoint it at the moment, but we need to bring some of that energy from the NFC east over here. I love how the 49ers and Seahawks play football...there is a reason they are the best rivalry in the NFL right now, and it's not even close.

I'm not sure if that starts with the HC ... GM...personnel...culture...etc.

John Elway is getting paid the $$$ to make some tough decisions pretty soon here.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Bye, Decker
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:22 AM   #15
Desi
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let him go if you can't get him at a reasonable rate. Decker just doesn't seem interested in/ suited to play the type of ball that the Broncos will need to play in order to handle the NFC West and teams like the Panthers. Notice that the Colts are trying to develop their team along those lines. The Browns are a decent quarterback away from being that type of team. Same with the Bengals. Look at Bellichick and how he started to move the team back to the ground and pound style this year, to the point where they made the AFC Championship even though Brady was mediocre at best this season. The Broncos offense is going to have to make some adjustments.
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #16
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
No doubt, and all experience is good even if it had bad results, even if it teaches us what not to do in Phoenix next year. It teaches us how to be better prepared if we're lucky enough to get back to the Super Bowl. I want to keep the core of this team together. That one loss may have made them even better.
I believe whole heartedly that it will....I just have a worry and I will share it with you all.... I was reading other forums and this lady from the Panthers had posted how sorry she was but she went on to say some things that was worry some on coach Fox...she said he coached the same way with their loss then she asked let me guess this was what he said after these certain plays...to me if you try something once and it doesn't work why do ya think its gonna be a different result the next time ya try it....this right here is my one CONCERN with Fox as the head coach...
Old 02-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #17
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Pete isn't really a hard nosed coach though. Neither in Jim Harbaugh... they're both players coaches.

Harbaugh is a bit more intense but NOT with his players. Of the 4 teams remaining in the playoffs, 3 teams had players coaches...Patriots were the only team that had an X and O's type coach. John Fox is what'd I'd consider a players coach. JDR is a hard nosed coach, look how he turned out.

I can't really pinpoint it at the moment, but we need to bring some of that energy from the NFC east over here. I love how the 49ers and Seahawks play football...there is a reason they are the best rivalry in the NFL right now, and it's not even close.

I'm not sure if that starts with the HC ... GM...personnel...culture...etc.

John Elway is getting paid the $$$ to make some tough decisions pretty soon here.
I agree with the what you are saying...but I have a little different view of del rio and when Peyton was in Indy he ALWAYS gave us fits but I really liked how he coached in Foxes absence ..the onething that I thought was missing was Del Rio kind of coached like he was afraid of stepping on toes...he didn't have free reign...
Old 02-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #18
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
That team is not this team. John Fox runs his offense in a similar fashion to Seattle. Run run run. He's ceded control of this offense to Manning. Until we conform to being a more traditional offense, we will have a major hole in our game vs good teams especially good defenses that will relentlessly hound the qb as they don't have to respect the run.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 AM   #19
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
That team is not this team. John Fox runs his offense in a similar fashion to Seattle. Run run run. He's ceded control of this offense to Manning. Until we conform to being a more traditional offense, we will have a major hole in our game vs good teams especially good defenses that will relentlessly hound the qb as they don't have to respect the run.
that's a good point... what about Clady can he fill some of the holes
Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #20
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
Let him go if you can't get him at a reasonable rate. Decker just doesn't seem interested in/ suited to play the type of ball that the Broncos will need to play in order to handle the NFC West and teams like the Panthers. Notice that the Colts are trying to develop their team along those lines. The Browns are a decent quarterback away from being that type of team. Same with the Bengals. Look at Bellichick and how he started to move the team back to the ground and pound style this year, to the point where they made the AFC Championship even though Brady was mediocre at best this season. The Broncos offense is going to have to make some adjustments.
Decker I like him but hes more of a pretty boy so to speak ...like he doesn't want to get his hands to dirty at times...and the always looking out for the flags...PLEASE... not hard nosed enough for this sport
Old 02-04-2014, 06:05 AM   #21
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Let him go.

We'll bring in Hakeem Nicks for a cheap, short term contract for him to resurrect his career. He had a lousy year, but his size and talent would fit in nicely in Decker's spot, and for much less money I'd presume.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #22
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Let him go.

We'll bring in Hakeem Nicks for a cheap, short term contract for him to resurrect his career. He had a lousy year, but his size and talent would fit in nicely in Decker's spot, and for much less money I'd presume.
If he can get it done bring him on LETS JUST GET THIS SUPER BOWL WIN DONE ALREADY...363 days and counting
Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #23
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #24
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He also had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #25
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Let someone else overpay for him.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote