The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #176
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So just to be clear, how do you see next season playing out?
Who the **** knows? But we have a damn good chance at being in the thick of it. And with your plan, there's a much better chance at years of **** than a Seattle rise to the top.

Ask the ...

Jets
Bills
Dolphins
Browns
Lions
Bengals
Vikings
Jags
Titans
Bucs
Redskins
Cards
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams

about their awesome history of rebuilding. Hell, even asked the 99-2012 Broncos how easy it is!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #177
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
If you don't want to hear an opposing viewpoint, you probably shouldn't put out your own, especially when it isn't very well thought out.
I don't have a problem with disagreement. It's when it gets personal that it isn't right. Trust me I use to get very personal on the Mane. Ask Popps he'll tell you, but I haven't done it for 2 years and won't start now. I just don't have room in my life for personal battles. For some on this site that's all they do day after day troll and attack. Go for it, not my thing anymore.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #178
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Every playoffs he's going to have at least one ****ty game sooner or later because the conditions he needs to be great just can't be had in every playoff game. It is what it is. Just because I convinced myself to believe because it feels better doesn't mean that after the fact the truth can not be ascertained. If we can build a team that can win against good teams with Manning struggling we might be able to win a Super Bowl. It's really hard for me to see how that is going to happen in one or two more seasons with how restricted we are going to be cap-wise.
Yep, as I suspected the minute you wrote your dumb post after the game, you'll gladly fall on this dumb sword instead of saying, "ok, maybe i overreacted a bit"
Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #179
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Every playoffs he's going to have at least one ****ty game sooner or later because the conditions he needs to be great just can't be had in every playoff game. It is what it is. Just because I convinced myself to believe because it feels better doesn't mean that after the fact the truth can not be ascertained. If we can build a team that can win against good teams with Manning struggling we might be able to win a Super Bowl. It's really hard for me to see how that is going to happen in one or two more seasons with how restricted we are going to be cap-wise.
I could draw a similar pattern for our OL. Every year for the last 3 (even predating Manning) they've taken the opportunity to **** the bed at least once in the playoffs. Oh, and the secondary.

I guess we'd be better off just disbanding the whole franchise and starting over. Because, uh, we lost the Super Bowl.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #180
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
No, you were delusional to think the Broncos were going to blow out Seattle. The public thought it was an even match-up. You ride the emotional highs and lows of delusion. Now the public thinks the Broncos are favorites to go back, but you think one bad game defines how a team will play next season.
I predicted a 10 point win for the Broncos. That isn't a blowout.

Also I can see them possibly going back, but with Fox as our head coach and Manning being a giant choker in big games I don't really see them winning. In fact, I see them getting blown out again.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #181
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
This is why I wish he would just retire.
TBH I dont even know if that would make any difference. Not 100% sure how guaranteed money works if a player retires, especially if it's base salary. If a player retires and there's signing bonus proration remaining it is dead caproom. So unless it's only guaranteed if he's on the roster for Wk1 or something like that.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #182
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
That guy also choked in the biggest game of his life for the upteenth time.
What games were considered the biggest? ACC championship games or just SB games? Seems he is far from "umpteenth" time. He just won 2 playoff games labeled a choker. Btw, how old are you and how long have you been a broncos fan?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #183
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
TBH I dont even know if that would make any difference. Not 100% sure how guaranteed money works if a player retires, especially if it's base salary. If a player retires and there's signing bonus proration remaining it is dead caproom. So unless it's only guaranteed if he's on the roster for Wk1 or something like that.
I think it works like a series of one-year contracts. So if he retires, that's it.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #184
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
So just to be clear, how do you see next season playing out?
We're going to be forced to make changes. Not blow up the team type of changes, but changes than most would have figured a week ago. For whatever reason this team is not as proactive as we'd all like it to be. They need a good ass kicking or two before they realize their ***** caught in the door.

Love that we play the NFC West. They will either make us or break us. Either way we won't be a soft team that makes the playoffs. There will be no skating next season.

We make the playoffs next year but no 1st round bye. it will be a tougher team that will have to take a tougher road.

It cannot be overstated enough about our injuries. The Broncos were devastated this year with injuries. I'm still amazing they pulled it together enough to make the post season IMO. What other team could have overcome the amount of injuries to key players and still do what Denver did?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #185
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yep, as I suspected the minute you wrote your dumb post after the game, you'll gladly fall on this dumb sword instead of saying, "ok, maybe i overreacted a bit"
My only overreaction was saying I'd rather be 2-14 or a Browns fan. Otherwise nothing has changed. You can keep calling my take dumb if it makes you feel better, but I suspect a year from now we will be discussing Fox and Manning all over again, and not in a good way.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #186
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
My only overreaction was saying I'd rather be 2-14 or a Browns fan. Otherwise nothing has changed. You can keep calling my take dumb if it makes you feel better, but I suspect a year from now we will be discussing Fox and Manning all over again, and not in a good way.
I'd rather discuss that than how a crappy 5-11 team is going no where fast. Its an easy argument you have. If the Broncos dont win the super bowl, you'll say "I told you so." Wonderful.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #187
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
We're going to be forced to make changes. Not blow up the team type of changes, but changes than most would have figured a week ago. For whatever reason this team is not as proactive as we'd all like it to be. They need a good ass kicking or two before they realize their ***** caught in the door.

Love that we play the NFC West. They will either make us or break us. Either way we won't be a soft team that makes the playoffs. There will be no skating next season.

We make the playoffs next year but no 1st round bye. it will be a tougher team that will have to take a tougher road.

It cannot be overstated enough about our injuries. The Broncos were devastated this year with injuries. I'm still amazing they pulled it together enough to make the post season IMO. What other team could have overcome the amount of injuries to key players and still do what Denver did?
Words can't begin to express how sick I am of hearing about injuries. Our entire team failed to show up for the Super Bowl. Having more players healthy wouldn't have changed that.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #188
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I'd rather discuss that than how a crappy 5-11 team is going no where fast. Its an easy argument you have. If the Broncos dont win the super bowl, you'll say "I told you so." Wonderful.
Oh you don't get it. They won't just not win the Super Bowl. That's not what this is about. They will either lose to a clearly inferior team in the playoffs because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker, or they will get blown out in the Super Bowl because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #189
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think it works like a series of one-year contracts. So if he retires, that's it.
Problem is retirement is his prerogative, not the team's.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #190
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Words can't begin to express how sick I am of hearing about injuries. Our entire team failed to show up for the Super Bowl. Having more players healthy wouldn't have changed that.
Sure, you can' blame injuries but come on...

7 of 22 projected starters!!!!!!! That's 1/3 of the frigging team.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #191
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

This is just straight forward retarded reasoning.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #192
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Manning has won a Superbowl.

Playoff choker would be someone like Marino, who never won a Superbowl.

Hell, Favre only won 1. Brady hasn't won one since they couldn't record the other team.

There are lots of QB's that only win 1. This speaks to how difficult it is to win a Superbowl.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #193
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
This place is going to be unbearable for at least a year. If the same team comes back, the mane won't even be happy if they go 16-0. They won't be happy if they win the divisional and afc championship. We will hear people say "yeah, but" with every win.

I dunno why I bother
haha so true! It's going to be an entertaining year on this site.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #194
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I could draw a similar pattern for our OL. Every year for the last 3 (even predating Manning) they've taken the opportunity to **** the bed at least once in the playoffs. Oh, and the secondary.

I guess we'd be better off just disbanding the whole franchise and starting over. Because, uh, we lost the Super Bowl.
I actually think we need to start weeding out the other chokers on the team as well, especially the coaches. That hasn't gone over well either.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #195
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Oh you don't get it. They won't just not win the Super Bowl. That's not what this is about. They will either lose to a clearly inferior team in the playoffs because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker, or they will get blown out in the Super Bowl because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker.
You can't ignore his two playoff victories. Denver is 2-2 with the two losses against the SB Champions.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #196
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Uh, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #197
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You can't ignore his two playoff victories. Denver is 2-2 with the two losses against the SB Champions.
Why not? You are ignoring his decade and a half of choking in the playoffs. And really, even if Manning isn't a playoff choker our team is still mentally weak.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #198
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Uh, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.
I'm cool with that.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #199
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Dude the Seachickens site is to the left please exit
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #200
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
What games were considered the biggest? ACC championship games or just SB games? Seems he is far from "umpteenth" time. He just won 2 playoff games labeled a choker. Btw, how old are you and how long have you been a broncos fan?
see what he posts when Peyton does retire....cause you are right in what you are saying BUT sometimes people gotta learn the hardway...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote