The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
And who in the hell is supposed to replace him so we can win a Superbowl?
Its absurd. We made the friggin super bowl. He wants to dump the league MVP and plunge the team into certain mediocrity because he thinks we need to "rebuild." Which 1) is absurd because no one rebuilds in the NFL anymore and 2) the chances of winning with Manning now are far greater than getting incredibly lucky in the draft/FA and winning in the next 3-5 years.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #152
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Waste of a year that could be spent rebuilding this team towards more balance on offense and greater physicality on defense, but I don't doubt we will give it one more shot. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

Powder Puff Manning Ball FTW!!!
Yeah, Broncos should have totally gotten rid of Elway, especially after losing to that expansion team Jags in the playoffs.

I mean, he kept losing in the Superbowl, losing in the playoffs, it would be insane to think that he could actually win a Superbowl!
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #153
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

I know one thing Brock is not the answer at qb.
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #154
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Waste of a year that could be spent rebuilding this team towards more balance on offense and greater physicality on defense, but I don't doubt we will give it one more shot. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

Powder Puff Manning Ball FTW!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #155
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Agamemnon reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2: He decides to take his stand against the team when he feels it wronged him. Will double down on it to get attention, no matter how dumb his hypothesis is (and, by the way, its really dumb) Will probably spend the entire season telling us how Manning sucks despite success.
I've never said Manning sucks. You don't actually seem to understand my hypothesis that you think is "really dumb", so let me break it down for you:

1) Manning is the greatest passer ever if he is not under pressure and his receivers are able to get open on time.

2) This works against most teams, especially in the regular season.

3) It tends to fall apart sooner or later in the playoffs because great defenses **** up the conditions required for him to be great as outlined in point 1.

4) With the way our team is currently built we are entirely reliant on Manning to carry us to the promised land. We can not and will not win a single playoff game with Manning having an off day. This is a problem because of point 3.

5) The time needed to address the issues of point 4 is too long relative to how much time Manning has left, and without him we really need to build an entirely different team from the ground up. Also Manning's cap number is a great hindrance to actually improving the team.

6) Therefore we should just move on.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #156
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Yeah, Broncos should have totally gotten rid of Elway, especially after losing to that expansion team Jags in the playoffs.

I mean, he kept losing in the Superbowl, losing in the playoffs, it would be insane to think that he could actually win a Superbowl!
Not remotely the same. The loss to the Ravens last year is more analogous. If we had been blown out by the Green Bay Packers 43-8 the following year, yeah I'd say there was something fundamentally wrong. But that didn't happen did it?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #157
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?
The Broncos are the AFC favorites to be back in the Super Bowl next year with Manning. I'm expecting this result. He can do it again.

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #158
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
This thread belongs in the Butt.

Calling for a HOF QB to retire because the whole team had a catastrophic meltdown after a regular season of unprecedented production.

So, who would you rather have than PFM? Kolb? Vick?
Try reading what I wrote instead of just the title.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #159
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Its absurd. We made the friggin super bowl. He wants to dump the league MVP and plunge the team into certain mediocrity because he thinks we need to "rebuild." Which 1) is absurd because no one rebuilds in the NFL anymore and 2) the chances of winning with Manning now are far greater than getting incredibly lucky in the draft/FA and winning in the next 3-5 years.
The Seahawks rebuilt. The team we faced Sunday was the product of four years of great drafting. Before that they were as mediocre as they come.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #160
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.
THIS!
Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #161
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The Broncos are the AFC favorites to be back in the Super Bowl next year with Manning. I'm expecting this result. He can do it again.

You are delusional. It's kind of sad really.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #162
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

My God Agamemnon is somehow more of an insufferable douche than before. After the melt downs the other day, probably the best ignore list addition I have made.

That list sadly keeps growing.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #163
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Not remotely the same. The loss to the Ravens last year is more analogous. If we had been blown out by the Green Bay Packers 43-8 the following year, yeah I'd say there was something fundamentally wrong. But that didn't happen did it?
You said that how can we expect different results by doing the same thing.

Elway had much less success as a QB at that point in his career than Manning has now. Had the Broncos followed your reasoning, they would have blown up the team, as Elway kept "failing" in the playoffs. XXII & XXIII would have never happened.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #164
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I agree with the thread.

Manning should have had the team fired up and ready to play. But the coaches also share in this.

All should go. Clean house.
You've admitted to not being a Broncos fan. What are you even doing here?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #165
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Exactly. MHM is a Broncos fan but he makes us all look retarded when he blogs to the world. Luckily, it reaches maybe double digits. He posts on the Mane? It reaches thousands and thousands of views. Then it gets cut n pasted or linked to places like Chief Planet where they think we all agree with MHM's takes. Getting rid of Manning or saying Luck is hot garbage is two prime examples. Best to be quiet and we would never know how Mile High Mojoe thinks.
You continue to dog me, bait me, call me names. Any point you try to get across as far as I'm concerned is lost. I have an opinion that doesn't match yours, I know you're not a functional retard, an idiot or a non Broncos Fan. It just seems to me the Fan should be able to get on a discussion board and not be attacked as some kind of idiot because he doesn't agree with the conventional view point. I've vowed to act like an adult when I get on here and discuss the Broncos and not act like a not 9 year old. For 2 years now I've stayed away from making personal attacks and chose to take the high road. If you want to have a debate about the Broncos with me I'm happy to have one, getting into the name calling and pissing matches won't be happening on my end anymore. Understand?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #166
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
You continue to dog me, bait me, call me names. Any point you try to get across as far as I'm concerned is lost. I have an opinion that doesn't match yours, I know you're not a functional retard, an idiot or a non Broncos Fan. It just seems to me the Fan should be able to get on a discussion board and not be attacked as some kind of idiot because he doesn't agree with the conventional view point. I've vowed to act like an adult when I get on here and discuss the Broncos and not act like a not 9 year old. For 2 years now I've stayed away from making personal attacks and chose to take the high road. If you want to have a debate about the Broncos with me I'm happy to have one, getting into the name calling and pissing matches won't be happening on my end anymore. Understand?
If you don't want to hear an opposing viewpoint, you probably shouldn't put out your own, especially when it isn't very well thought out.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #167
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
The Seahawks rebuilt. The team we faced Sunday was the product of four years of great drafting. Before that they were as mediocre as they come.
And i'll give you a long list of teams that have tried rebuilding only to be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Peyton is one of the best. And the only reason youve turned on him is ONE ****ty game. Don't gimme this BS that you thought this way after the AFC championship. Yes, it was bad. The entire team was bad. Yes, Seattle played out of their minds. But I'm not throwing our team into the unknown and certain **** because he played one crappy game. Sorry, you'll never convince 95 percent of the people otherwise.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #168
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
You're the delusional one.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #169
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
You're the delusional one.

So just to be clear, how do you see next season playing out?
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #170
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I see next year being a helluva lot better with Manning than without him
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #171
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

There maybe something that a lot of the Manning haters missed when Peyton passed his medical last March. It guaranteed last year's salary 2013, and this upcoming year's 2014, so unless there's some kind of get-out via self imposed retirement we cannot use his money for anything, it will be dead caproom, infact it would be more considering we pushed money back last year. So sorry to rain on the rebuilding ****ers parade, yeah I know most of them joined this site in the last 2 years and dont even know who Tebow was, or Orton or Cutler or even Griese.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #172
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

"**** the cap we need to roll with a unproven rook next year Manning sucks"

Agamemnon
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #173
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
And i'll give you a long list of teams that have tried rebuilding only to be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Peyton is one of the best. And the only reason youve turned on him is ONE ****ty game. Don't gimme this BS that you thought this way after the AFC championship. Yes, it was bad. The entire team was bad. Yes, Seattle played out of their minds. But I'm not throwing our team into the unknown and certain **** because he played one crappy game. Sorry, you'll never convince 95 percent of the people otherwise.
Every playoffs he's going to have at least one ****ty game sooner or later because the conditions he needs to be great just can't be had in every playoff game. It is what it is. Just because I convinced myself to believe because it feels better doesn't mean that after the fact the truth can not be ascertained. If we can build a team that can win against good teams with Manning struggling we might be able to win a Super Bowl. It's really hard for me to see how that is going to happen in one or two more seasons with how restricted we are going to be cap-wise.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #174
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
There maybe something that a lot of the Manning haters missed when Peyton passed his medical last March. It guaranteed last year's salary 2013, and this upcoming year's 2014, so unless there's some kind of get-out via self imposed retirement we cannot use his money for anything, it will be dead caproom, infact it would be more considering we pushed money back last year. So sorry to rain on the rebuilding ****ers parade, yeah I know most of them joined this site in the last 2 years and dont even know who Tebow was, or Orton or Cutler or even Griese.
This is why I wish he would just retire.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #175
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
No, you were delusional to think the Broncos were going to blow out Seattle. The public thought it was an even match-up. You ride the emotional highs and lows of delusion. Now the public thinks the Broncos are favorites to go back, but you think one bad game defines how a team will play next season.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote