The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #126
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Hurry! Hurry!

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 2,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
SAY IT AGAIN CAUSE THIS IS THE MARK OF A TRUE FAN....
dAMN I NEED TO LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT iM READING please X OUT MY AGREEING WITH HIM ...I understand being upset okay but ....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #127
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,205

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

I am upset as anyone about the game. Having gone through all seven
of these I did not expect the result.

1. the Seashawks were the better team...in EVERY facet.

2. The Broncos team that showed up was not the team I had seen most of the year. I thought that the game would be close and that Denver would win.
Instead they acted like scared children from the first snap.

3. Not sure who can be blamed...but Fox deserves a good portion. I know the players have to play, the coaches coach. But the surprise on the teams faces at the crowd noise the first snap was evident. And that was a coaches mistake. The rest of the game plan was piss poor, and Seattle was ready for everything we tried. And Denver Seattle played in the preseason, and the same result occurred. Denver was not prepared. Coaching problem.

4. I would not mind if Fox was fired. Elway doesn't knee jerk though. Sometimes I wish he would.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #128
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
You know, I'm not going to question your "fandom", but I will question your judgement. Getting rid of Manning at this point would be about the worst thing the Broncos could do, if they are trying to get back to and win a Superbowl.
Exactly. MHM is a Broncos fan but he makes us all look retarded when he blogs to the world. Luckily, it reaches maybe double digits. He posts on the Mane? It reaches thousands and thousands of views. Then it gets cut n pasted or linked to places like Chief Planet where they think we all agree with MHM's takes. Getting rid of Manning or saying Luck is hot garbage is two prime examples. Best to be quiet and we would never know how Mile High Mojoe thinks.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #129
nyuk nyuk
Good kid
 
nyuk nyuk's Avatar
 
In the hizzouse

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Downtown El Stinko
Posts: 510

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
This wonít be popular with some of you Iím sure. Love me, hate me I don't care but this is how I see it from my armchair.

http://jeffjacques.blogspot.com/2014...uld-be-to.html
This thread belongs in the Butt.

Calling for a HOF QB to retire because the whole team had a catastrophic meltdown after a regular season of unprecedented production.

So, who would you rather have than PFM? Kolb? Vick?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #130
stagger lee
2013 Great Ban Victim
 
stagger lee's Avatar
 
Mmm... Beer

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Delaware
Posts: 82

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del Rio
Default

Colts should release or trade Luck. He's been there 2 years and has a losing playoff record. Wilson is obviously the bestest cuz he won in year 2. /MHM
stagger lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #131
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
dAMN I NEED TO LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT iM READING please X OUT MY AGREEING WITH HIM ...I understand being upset okay but ....
Not only that but comprehension, spelling, use of caps, punctuation, etc.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #132
Durango
Ring of Famer
 
Durango's Avatar
 
Woodsman

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Durango
Posts: 1,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
In year two of a three year project, we made it to the Superbowl. Why not see what happens in year three of that project?
Absolutely. C'mon people.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #133
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Manning is a choke artist. I don't see how anybody could argue against that. His level of play in the postseason drops off a ****ing cliff compared to his usual, steamroller self that you see during the regular season. That said, he's easily Denver's best shot for next year. I believe his arm strength is fading and the pressure of his 'legacy' seriously might be messing with his head, but Osweiler or whoever else is not going to get the job done next year.

Also, the AFC is slimpickings right now. The top two teams were Tom Brady with a bunch of nobodies, and Denver who spent most of the season crushing tomato cans. Even a fading Manning could easily top the AFC. But there's a litany of very similar, tough defense-teams in the NFC that whoever goes against them better be ready to game.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #134
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,976
Default

I agree with the thread.

Manning should have had the team fired up and ready to play. But the coaches also share in this.

All should go. Clean house.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #135
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
I agree with the thread.

Manning should have had the team fired up and ready to play. But the coaches also share in this.

All should go. Clean house.
You keep saying this in every possible thread. I have you on Retard. Please help us understand your dribble.

Name all positions and who you want to replace them with? Don't forget cap space too!

I doubt Mr. Front Office Guy won't be responding with anything rational.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #136
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,720

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Manning is a choke artist. I don't see how anybody could argue against that. His level of play in the postseason drops off a ****ing cliff compared to his usual, steamroller self that you see during the regular season. That said, he's easily Denver's best shot for next year. I believe his arm strength is fading and the pressure of his 'legacy' seriously might be messing with his head, but Osweiler or whoever else is not going to get the job done next year.

Also, the AFC is slimpickings right now. The top two teams were Tom Brady with a bunch of nobodies, and Denver who spent most of the season crushing tomato cans. Even a fading Manning could easily top the AFC. But there's a litany of very similar, tough defense-teams in the NFC that whoever goes against them better be ready to game.
Manning was stellar in both prior games. The simplest difference to see was the OL being fundamentally pwned in that last game.

Manning obviously needs to be better prepared for pressure when it comes, instead of committing mindbending, game-breaking turnovers. But I think it's tough to make the Manning psyche arguments anymore with how he played on two very large stages leading up to this one.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #137
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #138
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Manning was stellar in both prior games. The simplest difference to see was the OL being fundamentally pwned in that last game.

Manning obviously needs to be better prepared for pressure when it comes, instead of committing mindbending, game-breaking turnovers. But I think it's tough to make the Manning psyche arguments anymore with how he played on two very large stages leading up to this one.
Manning just doesn't handle pressure well at all. He developed a very quick release to avoid the issue most of the time, but he seems to completely fold when he actually starts getting hit. It's a fatal flaw in playoff football unfortunately.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #139
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
edog24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Manning just doesn't handle pressure well at all. He developed a very quick release to avoid the issue most of the time, but he seems to completely fold when he actually starts getting hit. It's a fatal flaw in playoff football unfortunately.
I think part of this is coaching ultimately. We have known about this since we signed him so why are they not practicing it at game speed?

Line up someone on the blindside, have our OL intentionally whiff (maybe just exclude a lineman) and have someone tee off on DT and Decker?
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #140
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Looking forward to the draft.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #141
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,720

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.
It was a discouraging loss for sure. But let me lay it out a different way.

If you had to lay money on who was more likely to win an NFL championship in the next 5 years, would you bet on Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?

In my mind, there's probably a 75% chance we'll find out that Brock's not even an NFL-caliber starter. Not because of anything he's done. That's just my perception of the averages involved with mid-round draft QB talent.

So yes, it'll take some good luck for PFM to win one from here on out.

But setting PFM aside for a guy we're not even sure can win games in the NFL in the first place? Might as well start buying lotto tickets.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #142
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It was a discouraging loss for sure. But let me lay it out a different way.

If you had to lay money on who was more likely to win an NFL championship in the next 5 years, would you bet on Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?

In my mind, there's probably a 75% chance we'll find out that Brock's not even an NFL-caliber starter. Not because of anything he's done. That's just my perception of the averages involved with mid-round draft QB talent.

So yes, it'll take some good luck for PFM to win one from here on out.

But setting PFM aside for a guy we're not even sure can win games in the NFL in the first place? Might as well start buying lotto tickets.
Brock Osweiler? Part of the rebuilding I'm referring to is replacing that guy asap.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #143
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,395

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

So let me get this straight: we need to replace the guy that just threw for 5,000 yards and 50 td's with someone we not even sure about?

Holy schnikees, it's getting a little weird up in here..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #144
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
So let me get this straight: we need to replace the guy that just threw for 5,000 yards and 50 td's with someone we not even sure about?

Holy schnikees, it's getting a little weird up in here..
That guy also choked in the biggest game of his life for the upteenth time.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #145
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,691
Default

We have a HOF QB and yet the grass is always greener?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #146
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger lee View Post
Colts should release or trade Luck. He's been there 2 years and has a losing playoff record. Wilson is obviously the bestest cuz he won in year 2. /MHM
Maybe they will trade him for a 7th
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #147
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,720

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Brock Osweiler? Part of the rebuilding I'm referring to is replacing that guy asap.
Even if that's the case, who do you see in the draft @ 31 or later that's ready to lead the 2014 Broncos to anything more than a late-season-AFCW-cellarmaster matchup with Oakland?

Looking at our contracts, 2015 would be the most logical blow-it-up-year anyway. Absolutely have to give this thing at least one more go.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #148
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.

And who in the hell is supposed to replace him so we can win a Superbowl?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #149
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Agamemnon reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2: He decides to take his stand against the team when he feels it wronged him. Will double down on it to get attention, no matter how dumb his hypothesis is (and, by the way, its really dumb) Will probably spend the entire season telling us how Manning sucks despite success.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #150
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Even if that's the case, who do you see in the draft @ 31 or later that's ready to lead the 2014 Broncos to anything more than a late-season-AFCW-cellarmaster matchup with Oakland?

Looking at our contracts, 2015 would be the most logical blow-it-up-year anyway. Absolutely have to give this thing at least one more go.
Waste of a year that could be spent rebuilding this team towards more balance on offense and greater physicality on defense, but I don't doubt we will give it one more shot. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

Powder Puff Manning Ball FTW!!!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Denver Broncos