The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #101
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.
So your point is that Jim Kelly sucks?

You need to realize that going to the SB is tough...winning it is even tougher.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #102
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

This place is going to be unbearable for at least a year. If the same team comes back, the mane won't even be happy if they go 16-0. They won't be happy if they win the divisional and afc championship. We will hear people say "yeah, but" with every win.

I dunno why I bother
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #103
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It took John Elway 4 seasons to go to a SB and 15 seasons to win a SB with the Broncos.....Peyton has taken them to one in only his 2nd season.

Amazingly, nobody with half a brain thought the Broncos should get rid of Elway...but these new fans are a different kind of stupid.
Wilson won SB within couple of years. you suck in your analogy. the days are long gone when teams wait for the QB to develop. This is win now mode.
no one knows what will happen next year.

With free agency and cap space..the window is short.This was our golden chance. we played like a high school team.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #104
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This place is going to be unbearable for at least a year. If the same team comes back, the mane won't even be happy if they go 16-0. They won't be happy if they win the divisional and afc championship. We will hear people say "yeah, but" with every win.

I dunno why I bother
Not just the Mane. That will be the reaction from any and everyone. That's why the loss was so brutal it ruined this year and next year. No matter what happens all that will be said is "they will choke in the Super Bowl"

It's going to suck so bad. Just need to stop paying any attention to the media, I guess.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #105
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Wilson won SB within couple of years. you suck in your analogy. the days are long gone when teams wait for the QB to develop. This is win now mode.
no one knows what will happen next year.

With free agency and cap space..the window is short.This was our golden chance. we played like a high school team.
We played awful, but it's not a reason to dump your best player. And stop comparing him to Wilson. It makes no ****ing sense. They were playing against completely diff defenses
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #106
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Not just the Mane. That will be the reaction from any and everyone. That's why the loss was so brutal it ruined this year and next year. No matter what happens all that will be said is "they will choke in the Super Bowl"

It's going to suck so bad. Just need to stop paying any attention to the media, I guess.
Yep. Good point
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #107
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
John Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs while Manning is 11-12 and holds the record for most one and dones.

The story is written. Just needs a better ending than Manning getting gang raped.
Prior to '97-'98 seasons he was 7-7....and was labelled a choker and loser. Opposing team fans would poke fun at his lack of Sb wins all the time...it's amazing how a post season record can vastly improve once a HoF QB has a very good and healthy team built around him......

Elway as the biggest cog in the machine 7-7 in playoffs with losses in the SB getting progressively worse by 13 point leaps (lost by 19 in XXI, 32 in XXII and 45 in XXIV)

Elway as a main cog, but not the biggest cog in machine goes 7-0 and wins back to back titles.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #108
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
So your point is that Jim Kelly sucks?

You need to realize that going to the SB is tough...winning it is even tougher.
Did I say Jim Kelly sucks? No.

I just said Manning is in the class of Kelly, Warner, and Marino. Not the Montanas, Bradshaw, Brady, and Elway.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #109
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

I dunno why I bother
No one is forcing you to come here. I would hate to see you leave, but if you don't want to hear the crap that is surely going to come in the next few months then don't subject yourself to it.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #110
bronc_fan23
Broncoholic

I'm Peyton Manning?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

bronc_fan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #111
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning has actually taken more teams deeper into the playoffs or even there with not as much talent. This Bronco defense was not very good and that was even before all the injuries. Do people really think Decker could put up big numbers on a different team? Until the Broncos find a legit defense, the QB won't matter.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #112
orangenblue
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
For the record, Elway doesn't win that game yesterday if he were in it. Peyton cannot be blamed for horrible o-line play, poor decisions on kick off returns, horrible special teams play and 3rd down defense.
Wrong! Elway was way more mobile and had a better arm than Manning.
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #113
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
It took John Elway 4 seasons to go to a SB and 15 seasons to win a SB with the Broncos.....Peyton has taken them to one in only his 2nd season.

Amazingly, nobody with half a brain thought the Broncos should get rid of Elway...but these new fans are a different kind of stupid.
We'll never know, because there was no Orangemane...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #114
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Did I say Jim Kelly sucks? No.

I just said Manning is in the class of Kelly, Warner, and Marino. Not the Montanas, Bradshaw, Brady, and Elway.
Those are all good QBs. They deserve to be in the discussion. Here are some points on why I consider Peyton to be better, and he isn't done yet.
  • The '70s Steelers were probably the greatest dynasty ever. Those other QBs you listed could have won 4 Super Bowls with them.
  • Montana was in the perfect system. Young had arguably the greatest three years of any QB in that 49ers system.
  • Brady is a key part of a great team. It seems like a team where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." Would he have had success on other teams?
  • Manning has a record 5 MVPs and dispelled the myth he couldn't win the big game when he won Super Bowl MVP verse the #1 defense.
  • Manning has taken two franchises to the Super Bowl. Warner achieved the same feat, but his level of greatness was relatively short.
  • Elway was always in a class of his own in my mind, but the haters said he couldn't win the big game. He finally got a team built around him like Brady, Montana, and Bradshaw enjoyed during the prime of their careers. Elway is proof that being a great QB isn't enough to be in the top class. You have be lucky enough to play on a great team too.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #115
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

I dunno why I bother
It's a fair argument though. When you are in "win now" mode, you need to win now. We just had the most prolific offense in NFL history, and we still lost. Media will be brutal next season no matter what we do, but you can't deny even a little of it is justified.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #116
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenblue View Post
Wrong! Elway was way more mobile and had a better arm than Manning.
to be far this may be true BUT IT TOOK ELWAY HOW MANY TIMES BEFORE HE WON A SUPER BOWL...IT ONLY TOOK MANNING 1....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #117
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
It's a fair argument though. When you are in "win now" mode, you need to win now. We just had the most prolific offense in NFL history, and we still lost. Media will be brutal next season no matter what we do, but you can't deny even a little of it is justified.
Hell they were brutal the last 2 weeks MEDIA DONT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #118
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Those are all good QBs. They deserve to be in the discussion. Here are some points on why I consider Peyton to be better, and he isn't done yet.
  • The '70s Steelers were probably the greatest dynasty ever. Those other QBs you listed could have won 4 Super Bowls with them.
  • Montana was in the perfect system. Young had arguably the greatest three years of any QB in that 49ers system.
  • Brady is a key part of a great team. It seems like a team where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." Would he have had success on other teams?
  • Manning has a record 5 MVPs and dispelled the myth he couldn't win the big game when he won Super Bowl MVP verse the #1 defense.
  • Manning has taken two franchises to the Super Bowl. Warner achieved the same feat, but his level of greatness was relatively short.
  • Elway was always in a class of his own in my mind, but the haters said he couldn't win the big game. He finally got a team built around him like Brady, Montana, and Bradshaw enjoyed during the prime of their careers. Elway is proof that being a great QB isn't enough to be in the top class. You have be lucky enough to play on a great team too.
Those other guys you dismiss for being on great teams, all won the same awards that Manning did. Bottom line is the game on Sunday showed us all that stats and records don't mean jack s***. Historic season to be sure, but nobody is gonna remember it. People will have the 8 points and a botched snap seared into their heads.

I've seen a lot of references to John Elway winning the Super Bowl after getting embarrassed in them. John Elway was 27-28 years old and in his prime and it took him 8 years to get back into the Super Bowl after the Broncos got ran out of the stadium by the Niners. 55-10.

Manning doesn't have that kind of time and I don't see it happening for him.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #119
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Those other guys you dismiss for being on great teams, all won the same awards that Manning did. Bottom line is the game on Sunday showed us all that stats and records don't mean jack s***. Historic season to be sure, but nobody is gonna remember it. People will have the 8 points and a botched snap seared into their heads.

I've seen a lot of references to John Elway winning the Super Bowl after getting embarrassed in them. John Elway was 27-28 years old and in his prime and it took him 8 years to get back into the Super Bowl after the Broncos got ran out of the stadium by the Niners. 55-10.

Well if that be the case at least he has 1 ring more then most but I KNOW FOR SURE that Peyton and the Broncos will give it EVERYTHING THEY GOT
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #120
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:

Exactly.

New England had an amazing, once in a lifetime 16-0 regular season, yet no one ever talks about them as being a great team because they lost the damn Super Bowl.

It's unfortunate, but losing a Super Bowl is worse than not making it at all.

Just the way it is.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #121
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Exactly.

New England had an amazing, once in a lifetime 16-0 regular season, yet no one ever talks about them as being a great team because they lost the damn Super Bowl.

Just the way it is.
cant argue with that
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #122
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Exactly.

Just the way it is.
Of all the 31 teams that doesn't win SB, the fans of the team that lost in SB feel the most pain.
Unfortunately, in NFL..there is no runner up trophy. The worst part is you are going to pick 31st.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #123
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yes he is...but what's funny is he's not alone on here in his sentiments. He's not the only one who silently rejoiced when the Broncos were handed their asses in the SB.

I know people get tired of me calling other "fans" out...but thiese kind of clowns really get my blood boiling. But like i said, some fans are better than others.
Yesterday I wore my Broncos shirt and Cap in public and I live in the NW were most people are Seahawks Fans. You talk about hard, I took a lot of well natured ribbing too all day. I own the loss because Iím a ďrealĒ Broncos fan.

The thing that instantly gets my blood boiling is when I get questioned about my fandom by fan's who think that being a loyal fan means not critiquing the team or the play.

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not a ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not a ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 02-04-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #124
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
Yesterday I wore my Broncos shirt and Cap in public and I live in the NW were most people are Seahawks Fans. You talk about hard, I took a lot of well natured ribbing too all day. I own the loss because Iím a ďrealĒ Broncos fan.

The thing that instantly gets my blood boiling is when I get questioned about my fandom by fan's who think that being a loyal fan means not critiquing the team or the play.

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not a ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?
You know, I'm not going to question your "fandom", but I will question your judgement. Getting rid of Manning at this point would be about the worst thing the Broncos could do, if they are trying to get back to and win a Superbowl.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #125
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not a ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?
SAY IT AGAIN CAUSE THIS IS THE MARK OF A TRUE FAN....