The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #51
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
MANNING IS NOT A LEADER..SAME goes with Champ. A leader motivates the team when they are in tough position. Manning doesn't do that. same case with Champ.

They just doesn't show leadership on the field. I want a leaders like Ray lewis, Sherman and not soft players that we have.
I get the feeling Sherman would rip out a players soul to win. When he went on his tirade 2 weeks ago, I got this sick feeling that guy would own our guy, whomever he lined up against. I'll bet nobody on that D wants to disappointed him. And if his team needed it, I am sure he'd go out and knock a players block off to rile his team up.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #52
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
MANNiNG IS NOT A LEADER? Are you ****ing on drugs you dickhole? Are you ****ting me? The only reason we are where we are is because we have a ****ing QB who can throw finally and isn't getting sacked every ten ****ig seconds. NOT a ****ing leader ? are ****ing stupid or did you recently suffer a head trauma? if not maybe you need one. that gamed sucked on all kinds of levels, including Manning, but Manning not a leader, do me a favor go ****ing pick a new team to go irritate because your level of stupid is beyond me. You are beneath the Broncos, you are ****ing Raiders fan. The whole team **** the bed in front of a giant naitonal audience,that doesn't redfine Manning or his place in NFL history. I am nearly broken with grief but even I get that. I ****ing hate this place sometimes.
I beg to differ.

It defined his legacy, from a football standpoint he's in a class with guys like Marino, and Jim Kelly. Perennial choker.

Just like those guys, Manning has always represented the league and his teams well. He's a great guy, very nice and businesslike. It could be worse, like having Jay Cutler as the QB of the team.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #53
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
It defined his legacy, from a football standpoint he's in a class with guys like Marino, and Jim Kelly. Perennial choker.
Except Peyton has a Super Bowl MVP, has been in three of the last eight Super Bowls with two different franchises, and his legacy isn't done.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #54
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I beg to differ.

Just like those guys, Manning has always represented the league and his teams well. He's a great guy, very nice and businesslike. It could be worse, like having Jay Cutler as the QB of the team.
I think people are starting to rethink the voluntary delusion that has been created around Manning by his followers. He is an excellent football player and outstanding man. But he clearly has the propensity to come up short when he needs to come up big... The delusion, to me, is that it's always someone else, the Oline, the Receivers, the Backs, etc-. perhaps there's some truth to these excuses, but Peyton owns and control the offense- he's the one who we hear about with endless preperation and scheming on a whole other level... The master technician of the modern NFL offense... So it leads to reason he is responsible to actively engage his players and make changes when they need to be made when what they're doing is failing. To me, it looks like they did the same **** over and over and thought that would will the plan to work... It didn't, it was abysmal.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #55
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Stupidest post of the year, well done.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #56
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
MANNING IS NOT A LEADER..SAME goes with Champ. A leader motivates the team when they are in tough position. Manning doesn't do that. same case with Champ.

They just doesn't show leadership on the field. I want a leaders like Ray lewis, Sherman and not soft players that we have.
I know you were in India at the time but are you calling John Elway not a leader in 86-89?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #57
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This loss was obviously beyond X's and O's. It was a mentality thing and Pete Carroll knows how to get his team ready for the big games and compete. It's not all about winning, it's about competing and Pete has been doing that at the biggest level since USC.

While, much of team might be on roids, their mentality was just outright dominant.

I think Ihenacho said it well when he said everyone on the team needs to rethink of what their identity truly is in terms of the group as a whole.

We know the Seahawks defense is a mean, physical, smash mouth, we don't give a **** what you think type of guys. What are we?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #58
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I am not sure Denver would of even made the playoffs with Wilson.
Yet Wilson completely outplayed Manning in the Super Bowl. Good take.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #59
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I don't want him to retire but I guarantee I will never set foot in a Papa John's again...... chisel that in stone.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #60
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I think people are starting to rethink the voluntary delusion that has been created around Manning by his followers. He is an excellent football player and outstanding man. But he clearly has the propensity to come up short when he needs to come up big... The delusion, to me, is that it's always someone else, the Oline, the Receivers, the Backs, etc-. perhaps there's some truth to these excuses, but Peyton owns and control the offense- he's the one who we hear about with endless preperation and scheming on a whole other level... The master technician of the modern NFL offense... So it leads to reason he is responsible to actively engage his players and make changes when they need to be made when what they're doing is failing. To me, it looks like they did the same **** over and over and thought that would will the plan to work... It didn't, it was abysmal.
It would appear we over-schemed for this seahawk defense. The seahawks players were saying in the postgame that we used plays (forget what play it was) from an Arizona-Seattle game that the Seahawks had trouble with.

Problem was that the Broncos never used that play all season, and yet it was installed for the SB game.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #61
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You are making some ****ty posts.

Wilson outplayed Manning...and so did his defense. But I guess you'll just completely throw that out of the equation.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #62
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You are making some ****ty posts.

Wilson outplayed Manning...and so did his defense. But I guess you'll just completely throw that out of the equation.
Whenever you think my post is ****ty I know I'm on the right track.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #63
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Whenever you think my post is ****ty I know I'm on the right track.
Keep telling yourself that, ****in idiot.

Your logic is absolutely horrible. The way I see it is, when someone defers the conversation to outside of football, they already lost.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #64
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Except Peyton has a Super Bowl MVP, has been in three of the last eight Super Bowls with two different franchises, and his legacy isn't done.
You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #65
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.
So was John Elway. He played in 2 where he could have tied it.

Stop finishing the story before it's even written.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #66
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I know you were in India at the time but are you calling John Elway not a leader in 86-89?
I like the QB's that improves their play once the playoff starts.manning is opposite of that.

There is a reason why everyone calls him a choker or doesn't perform well in big games.
you would have said the same thing if he was not our QB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #67
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah, cause they were playing tennis.

Thank God the Mane doesnt run the Broncos. Osweiler and a bunch of rookie FA's would be starting next season. Rebuild!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #68
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I like the QB's that improves their play once the playoff starts.manning is opposite of that.

There is a reason why everyone calls him a choker or doesn't perform well in big games.
you would have said the same thing if he was not our QB.
Now that he had a **** game in the super bowl, the divisional and AFC championship are completely forgotten about. Dump the Hall of Fame Legend/2013 MVP...bring on brock. Yeah
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #69
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
out of curiosity, how long did it take Manning to get to a Super Bowl in Indy vs Denver? just seems to me, that despite yesterady's complete cluster of a game, we went from 0 to the top in not much time.
Stop being level headed.

P.s. I love you.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #70
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, cause they were playing tennis.

Thank God the Mane doesnt run the Broncos. Osweiler and a bunch of rookie FA's would be starting next season. Rebuild!
Osweiler? I think Zac Dysert would be starting or the hottest high school QB at the time would be.

What I do know is, Von Miller, DT, JT, Decker, Moreno, Vickerson, etc would all have been cut prior to this season starting.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #71
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Children please just take your ball and **** off home. The Broncos do not need fans like you.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #72
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So was John Elway. He played in 2 where he could have tied it.

Stop finishing the story before it's even written.
John Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs while Manning is 11-12 and holds the record for most one and dones.

The story is written. Just needs a better ending than Manning getting gang raped.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #73
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Now that he had a **** game in the super bowl, the divisional and AFC championship are completely forgotten about. Dump the Hall of Fame Legend/2013 MVP...bring on brock. Yeah
When was the last time Broccoli took a meaningful snap? 2-3 years ago?

I don't think anyone is clamoring for the guy.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #74
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

This thread is so ridiculous.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #75
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Children please just take your ball and **** off home. The Broncos do not need fans like you.
So they need excuse-making chump fans who refuse to hold their team accountable for utter and complete failure on the biggest possible stage? They need fans that are too stupid to realize that you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? Okay man, whatever you say.