The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Nickstixx
Mile High til I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default Pooch kick?!

I don't know how all of you feel about that... but whoever called that pooch kick to open up the 2nd half should have been fired before they left the stadium last night.
You have Matt Prater who arguably has one of the strongest legs in the game and you decide to pooch it?! Tell him to kick it out of the back of the end zone! Their kicker was, and they weren't scared of Trindon. Just an awful call...

I don't know what team that was wearing the Orange jersey's last night, but it wasn't the team that we all enjoyed watching this whole season...
So upsetting....
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Yes, It was the same team you watched all season long. Denver was already having their ass' handed to them well before the kick off to start the 2nd half. Thinking that was the play that broke the back leads me to believe you know zero about football.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Yes, It was the same team you watched all season long. Denver was already having their ass' handed to them well before the kick off to start the 2nd half. Thinking that was the play that broke the back leads me to believe you know zero about football.
Actually that was the play that ended the game mentally for the Broncos. Even a Seabags D-lineman said you could see all hope fade from the Broncos and it appeared they gave up when Harvin returned that kick.
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

It was like a long onside kick they was hoping for a tricky bounce. I'm sure Fox was thinking hell we can get a bounce going our way or just stop Percy at the 25 yard line. But the plan just went to ****
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

It was the other 10 guys on that short kick off who seemed to have no urgency to quickly get to where the ball was. No one was even close of getting to the football, even if he would of mishandled it. Did they even practice that play? Well all 3 phases got their butts handed to them, there's many of plays to choose from.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

That was the dumbest thing they did.Why not kick the ball out of bounds? Then after we scored, Why do the onside kick?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Fox was an unbelievable idiot to try that. Should throw himself in the River Hudson for even thinking that was a good idea. Imbecile.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Fox was an unbelievable idiot to try that. Should throw himself in the River Hudson for even thinking that was a good idea. Imbecile.
Fox is a "follow the book" and "play not to lose" sort of coach. it's just not in his DNA to be unconventional. so when he tries to be unconventional, it's not particularly well thought out. we've all seen this from him for 3 years. am i the only one who remembers when Kyle Orton was starting against the Titans and we ran 3 straight RB dives from the 1 yard line and Tebow never saw the field, other than some ridiculous QB draw at the 50 yard line early in the game? it's who he is. he is not built to think out of the box, and when he does... you get some of what we saw yesterday.

i'm unimpressed with Fox, Gase, and JDR after this fiasco. why were the Broncos afraid to hit those Seattle thugs back? it's like they were the playground bully and the Broncos were the kid with glasses hoping that if they just ignored all the punches that maybe the bully would get bored and go find somebody else to pick on.

there have been lower points in the history of this franchise, but this one sure feels like it belongs in the bottom 5.
Gort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #9
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Fox is a second place coach.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

I was pissed as soon as I saw Prater slow down as he approached the ball. You have the best kicker in the league, let him kick it deep.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstixx View Post
I don't know how all of you feel about that... but whoever called that pooch kick to open up the 2nd half should have been fired before they left the stadium last night.
You have Matt Prater who arguably has one of the strongest legs in the game and you decide to pooch it?! Tell him to kick it out of the back of the end zone! Their kicker was, and they weren't scared of Trindon. Just an awful call...

I don't know what team that was wearing the Orange jersey's last night, but it wasn't the team that we all enjoyed watching this whole season...
So upsetting....
We needed some momentum change at that point, why not try something, right?
It only sucks if it didn't work. Come on?!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
actually, I believe that call ,Strategy, execution and results, did indeed,
BREAK THE WIILL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM !
I think the broncos, my broncos, quit after that play.
yesterday was a total FAILURE in all three phases of of football which is a condemnation of all players and COACHES.
our broncos werte totally predictable on offense, and outplayed in all phases,
Seattle?
far better prepared, strategicly, physicly and emotionally!
Champ telling the players,
MAKE THE GAME BIGGER THAN YOU,
elllicted the performance we witnessed,
THE GAME WAS TOO BIG FOR THEM FROM THE OPENING SNAP !

Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 02-03-2014 at 12:58 PM..
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
We needed some momentum change at that point, why not try something, right?
It only sucks if it didn't work. Come on?!
The thing about that play is that it's a low % play. In other words, it seldom works. By not being successful on the kick they basically conceded the game at that point. 29-0 = game over. At the start of the half.

The correct call would have been to kick the ball out of the endzone. The D was still playing tough. Down 3 TDs but you supposedly have the greatest offense in league history and spent the halftime making adjustments.

Dumb call. End o story.
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #14
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So upsetting....
Disagree. That ball bounces in any other direction and we probably recover it. Watch the replay, we had 5 guys coming full speed. They got a good bounce.

We were down 22-0...had to try something.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #15
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

our kick coverage team was ACCUSTOMED and COMFORTABLE,
kicking off and running downfield to watch the REF signal a TOUCHBACK.
they have not attempted or executed that play EVER before, and NEVER against the likes of percy harvin.
it was stooped!
you could tell the kick team had ZERO confidence in the call and the execution reflected that mentality!
stooped!
could any team start both halves as poorly as the broncos?
they were mentally overwhelmed...
" THE GAME BIGGER THAN YOU."
stooped imagrey.

Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 02-03-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
The thing about that play is that it's a low % play. In other words, it seldom works. By not being successful on the kick they basically conceded the game at that point. 29-0 = game over. At the start of the half.

The correct call would have been to kick the ball out of the endzone. The D was still playing tough. Down 3 TDs but you supposedly have the greatest offense in league history and spent the halftime making adjustments.

Dumb call. End o story.
BINGO !
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

One of the stupidest plays I've ever seen. Whoever called it? A gorilla should throw feces at them.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

yes, a huge pile of steaming gorilla feces.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
I have no problems with this.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #20
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

After thinking about it more I don't think it was a bad idea. They were hoping for a mishandling of the ball and probably thinking that our guys would get there much faster than they did to possibly jar the ball loose. We needed a spark to ignite a possible come back. The worst that could have happened on that play did because of poor execution. Poor execution all game long. They wanted it way more than we did.
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #21
Nickstixx
Mile High til I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
I don't know anything about football? Lol I hope you are joking.
The first part of my post was about a particular play... the second half kickoff.
I am well aware that we were getting our ass handed to us leading up to that point, hence the second part of the post being about watching a team that I didn't see all year.
I fully understand that Seattle was playing man to man on the outside, sending their front 4 at Manning, and actually getting pressure on him. If you can do that, you are going to win a lot of games. Our offensive line, Franklin and Clark in particular were getting their asses handled. Manning was getting pressure in his face and couldn't throw the ball down the field.

The problem I have is that we could have kicked it out of the end zone, played some defense, and seen if we could score and get things going on offense. That play busted that chance, and it busted the teams drive to try and get back into it. It was a HORRIBLE call, with a very low percentage of success.

I don't like to get on here and brag about how much football knowledge I have, especially because this is more of an emotional post. If you would like to though, we can start another post on how much each other knows about the game of football. Get over yourself man.
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #22
orangenblue
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So upsetting....
Who the hell do you think called that? Fox! Stupidity is what it was. Just play the game straight up for cryin out loud! You are kicking to Percy Harvin and you just gave him the ball on the 25! before any of your players could get down there to hit him.
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #23
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

If you guys have a spare moment, go watch the replay of the kick and tell me what Jacob Tamme was doing. Ugh.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #24
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I'm ok with taking chances at that point and trying to light a spark, get some momentum.

But I'm not sure that's the way to do it. And, as mentioned, the execution was horrible.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #25
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
If you guys have a spare moment, go watch the replay of the kick and tell me what Jacob Tamme was doing. Ugh.
When you do something you're not used to doing mistakes will happen. Fox being too scared to kick it straight up to harvin, and showing zero confidence that prater can force a touchback is the reason for bad things to happen. If that was a regular kick does Tamme do the correct job? I think so.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote