The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Default Conservative knuckledraggers offended that anyone would sing about America in a different language

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Was-Offensive

Surprise surprise.

Nothing here about them still singing ABOUT America. And GOD, for crying out loud.

Nothing here about how a corporation has the right to free speech.

Nothing here about how a corporation made a great marketing decision that will likely net them more money.

Conservativism, folks.

Last edited by houghtam; 02-03-2014 at 07:32 AM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I remember seeing the ad and thinking WFT was that? I then realized the SB is being watched in every country in the world but I doubt if we will see much of the ad in local markets.

The ad did make me wish I had a coke bottle to shove up Joe Namath's ass for jinxing us on the coin toss.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Was-Offensive

Surprise surprise.

Nothing here about them still singing ABOUT America. And GOD, for crying out loud.

Nothing here about how a corporation has the right to free speech.

Nothing here about how a corporation made a great marketing decision that will likely net them more money.

Conservativism, folks.
I'm really surprised you did say anything about the ad including what are said to be the first gay parents depicted in a Super Bowl ad.

The ad, titled ‘It’s Beautiful’, showed classic scenes of American life while ‘America The Beautiful’ played in the background.

But with a twist, the song was sung in different languages and included a gay couple with their daughter.

While some appreciated the drinks giant’s love letter to the patriotic spirit of immigrants, others accused Coke of committing ‘corporate suicide’.

'Hope this F*got chokes on his coke and dies,' one said on Twitter, while others said they would boycott the drink......

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/c...-parents030214
Old 02-03-2014, 08:13 AM   #4
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Reader responses:

marine12 bedr1
• 9 hours ago

OK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE AD?

JR1984
• 8 hours ago

If you cannot tell, it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you.
May I suggest though that you first go to the bible and read about the tower of babble, and the lessons it teaches.
Also take a lesson from John Wayne

Welcome to the 17th century!!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #5
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I'm really surprised you did say anything about the ad including what are said to be the first gay parents depicted in a Super Bowl ad.

The ad, titled ‘It’s Beautiful’, showed classic scenes of American life while ‘America The Beautiful’ played in the background.

But with a twist, the song was sung in different languages and included a gay couple with their daughter.

While some appreciated the drinks giant’s love letter to the patriotic spirit of immigrants, others accused Coke of committing ‘corporate suicide’.

'Hope this F*got chokes on his coke and dies,' one said on Twitter, while others said they would boycott the drink......

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/c...-parents030214
I honestly didn't even notice. I was too busy paying attention to the lyrics and laughing about how conservatives were probably tripping over themselves to b**** about it on twitter.

Just out of curiosity, what's with the about a guy wishing death upon a gay person? You think that's funny?

Why does that not surprise me?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Reader responses:

marine12 bedr1
• 9 hours ago

OK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE AD?

JR1984
• 8 hours ago

If you cannot tell, it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you.
May I suggest though that you first go to the bible and read about the tower of babble, and the lessons it teaches.
Also take a lesson from John Wayne

Welcome to the 17th century!!
IKR. Side note: talking snake, burning bush, animals two by two...they're all pretty ****ing stupid fables, but as a linguist, the Tower of Babel fable is by far the most maddening to me.

Get a BRAIN. MORANS.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's with the about a guy wishing death upon a gay person? You think that's funny?

Why does that not surprise me?
Have you ever noticed that you ask questions and then answer them?

I don't wish death on anyone but I do find it kind of funny that the guy on twitter would think a sword swallower could choke to death on anything ......
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #8
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Have you ever noticed that you ask questions and then answer them?

I don't wish death on anyone but I do find it kind of funny that the guy on twitter would think a sword swallower could choke to death on anything ......
I asked three questions, actually. Do you happen to know what a rhetorical question is?

And your answer here is so much of a stretch that no one could have possibly surmised that was why you were laughing. Perhaps if you were a little more clear in your bigotry...