The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
SVine
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Why John Fox stunk

Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Not a single person was ready for that game. It's hard to go high enough on the chain of command there to find someone that should lay the wood to everyone below them.

Something has to change though somewhere. This was worst-case scenario for this team to be honest, worse than if we had lost to Baltimore again this year like last year.

I hate saying this about my beloved Broncos, but they had no business on that field yesterday. And we will get an entire off-season hearing about it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.
Coldcity76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
orangenblue
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.
All true, but FOX doesn't play on the offensive line which got manhandled last night. Nothing could have remedied that last night.
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
SVine
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcity76 View Post
If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.
This
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I blame being on a boat all week.

All aboard the SS Titanic.
This one really hurts.
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.
I am not giving any coach any props for going for it on 4th when their team is being butt ****ed.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #10
Clark
Just Drafted

Quote:
That nails it
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #11
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Fox team makes way too many mental mistakes.so..if he gets fired, i am fine.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

http://i.imgur.com/jdq3asn.gif
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
I guess that makes more sense. I thought he was trying to say that it was really a catch and a fumble. Everyone could see that it was incomplete. Anyway, Fox AND Carroll threw out early challenge flags for silly reasons...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #14
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?
Totally didn't understand this "move", either.

Why give Harvin a short field to work with? Why not let Prater kick the crap out of the ball? Or at least force Harvin to run 109 yards instead of 85 yards?

Face it: Fox isn't even a competent "game manager", let alone an aggressive coach with a killer instinct. He's an Old School grump who came to Denver on the heels of a 2-14 record. 2-14 records don't happen by accident.

Out
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #15
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
They should have kicked 3 in that scenario.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #16
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director

Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious

why do they want to extend him, no thanks
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #17
AtlantaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Prater should have been instructed to kick it out of the back of the end zone. If he wasn't capable of doing that then I would have rather them kicked the ball out of bounds and let the defense play than pooch it to Harvin. That return completely put the game out of reach.
AtlantaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #18
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Totally didn't understand this "move", either.

Why give Harvin a short field to work with? Why not let Prater kick the crap out of the ball? Or at least force Harvin to run 109 yards instead of 85 yards?

Face it: Fox isn't even a competent "game manager", let alone an aggressive coach with a killer instinct. He's an Old School grump who came to Denver on the heels of a 2-14 record. 2-14 records don't happen by accident.

Out
Yep and as soon as the ball bounced I go oh crap there he goes. ugh
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #19
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I see this next season as Fox's last. Manning won't play after 2014. If they win the SB next year, how could we see Fox not retire? And if they fall short again, that would be 3 straight years of not winning it with the best QB in the league. Not exactly a welcoming back in 2015 look there.

This teams gonna change after next year.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

I'm not so sure that was John Fox.

nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #21
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A must read on Fox...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ox-to-be-fired
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
BINGO... Nice to see Coach Fox has brought back the Coach Reeves "Super Blowout" approach to championship games.

This is a coaching issue as well... Something, somewhere, needs to change.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Maybe Fox got so used to Manning coaching the offense that he just forgot that he had a job too?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #24
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

He's too nice a guy, he'd rather be friends with everyone than kick some ass.

But if he goes into insurance sales I'd buy from him.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #25
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Our O became PREDICTABLE.
is that the fault of FOX ?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote